Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What route should we take if we replace Christian Ponder at QB?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Who said anything about replacing Christian Ponder?

16 27.59%
  • Draft the best QB available in the 2013 draft even if we need to trade up to #1 to get him.

9 15.52%
  • Draft a 1st round QB but don't trade up.

3 5.17%
  • Draft a QB somewhere after the 1st round.

8 13.79%
  • Trade for a QB.

9 15.52%
  • Sign someone in free agency.

10 17.24%
  • Joe Webb can start because he's better anyways.

3 5.17%
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    haha I saw this on the Minnesota Vikings fan page on facebook: Samantha Steele is engaged to Christian Ponder? Right. Like he could complete the proposal. He must have given the ring to Adrian Peterson.

Just thought I would share for a good laugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    We need Tony Romo to save our team?
    Never liked Romo, but I have to admit he's playing very well this year. He can really rifle that ball down the field. It's their defence that is killing them this year.

vCash
    Maybe Ponder can talk AP into carrying her over the threshold
    I mean he's been carrying the load thus far

Just had to

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay775124 View Post
    haha I saw this on the Minnesota Vikings fan page on facebook: Samantha Steele is engaged to Christian Ponder? Right. Like he could complete the proposal. He must have given the ring to Adrian Peterson.

Quote Originally Posted by iowavike View Post
    I want to take this time to wish Christian Ponder and his future wife congradulations on their engagement. Good luck !!
    Last edited by cyber16; 12-04-2012 at 08:35 PM.

vCash

Someone is going to have to get the unmarried boys within 5 ft. of Ponder when he throws the garter !!!
    Maybe this Samantha is the current day Yoko Ono and part of the problem.
    (JUST JOKES BOYS DON'T GET MAD!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber16 View Post
    Maybe Ponder can talk AP into carrying her over the threshold
    I mean he's been carrying the load thus far

Just had to
    haha thats a good one, on a side note who the hell gets engaged after a month of being with a person? I've been with my girl almost 7 years and I'm finally gonna ask her on Christmas. I smell a nasty divorce in less than 2 years and his career will be over

vCash
    They've always said Ponder was smart, this proves it, get her to say YES while he is still an NFL QB

vCash
    I don't know as I have been married for 30+ years.
    I think they are the perfect match, she likes to cover & report on a bunch of NFL wannabees and now nothing will change at home for her.

haha thats a good one, on a side note who the hell gets engaged after a month of being with a person? I've been with my girl almost 7 years and I'm finally gonna ask her on Christmas. I smell a nasty divorce in less than 2 years and his career will be over

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    I just think even if Ponder somehow becomes a decent QB thats great but right now the team just needs a change of pace something to let them know football is still fun. Ponder might need to sit and watch a game or two to get that fire burning in him again. The WRs need to go out and feel like they dont have to have five yards on a defender for the ball to come their way, AP doesnt need to feel like if he doesnt score every time he touches the ball they wont score. Its about team not Ponders feelings being hurt, Fusco plays poorly they sit him same goes for everyone on the team.
    The comparison between our starting QB and our starting RG are pointless. Linemen are rotated into the game. You don't rotate QBs. All that would say to our team is that the coaches are clueless. Why are back up QBs so popular? They are back-ups for a reason folks.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    I will have to give Ponder a bit of slack.
    Just maybe a month of no accuracy required to hit it, has affected his game

vCash
    When a qb is struggling the best qb is always the backup qb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    We need Tony Romo to save our team?
    Says the guy who thinks Christian Ponder is the answer. I said it was unlikely but it's more realistic than getting Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers, hell it's even more likely than Ponder becoming a franchise QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    The comparison between our starting QB and our starting RG are pointless. Linemen are rotated into the game. You don't rotate QBs. All that would say to our team is that the coaches are clueless. Why are back up QBs so popular? They are back-ups for a reason folks.
    When my point is any player consistently not doing his job shouldnt be able to keep it just because of his position it isnt pointless. Coaches would be clueless to leave a guy in that hurts the team game after game after game. Guess your the type of guy that has a broken toilet that wont flush you just keep crapping in it until it spills out on ya.

vCash
    Anyone take Sanchez as a backup next year? I think I would take him. 1) I think Sanchez and Ponder are pretty much the same QB when it comes to skill set. 2) If Ponder got hurt the game plan wouldn't have to change 1 bit since Mark has good feet as well. 3) Sanchez could succeed if needed since we play at least 10 games a year in doors.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Sanchez will be a good fit somewhere. Arizona would make for a nice spot for him. As far as Ponder goes, it's risky. I mean look at jacksonville with Gabbert and Henne.
    Henne has done very well in place of Gabbert. The thing with a QB who knows how to win is pure instincts. Sanchez needs to move but not here. He just is not the kind of QB we need. Ponder has looked Ok in some games but it seems he does not have the kind of Football smarts or tools you need as a QB in the Nfl. He can run and does have an ok arm but and here is a big BUT.. his arm is not the kind of bullet our style of play needs. I'll tell you who would fit and that's Joe Flacco.
    Great arm strength. goes through progressions. knows how to win.
    Ponder does not fit.
    This is so simple and the front office can not see this.
    Frazier is a good people coach and a good person, but as far as getting the right people in the right place, it's being left to spielman and it's not working. Spielman can draft and has made some good picks i'll give him that but we need a coach that knows a defence and an offence and listens to his cordinators and makes moves to get the right guy in the right spot. Look at NE. They have a system that is rock solid and finds these guys out of nowhere and plugs them in and change the game with talent.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Anyone take Sanchez as a backup next year? I think I would take him. 1) I think Sanchez and Ponder are pretty much the same QB when it comes to skill set. 2) If Ponder got hurt the game plan wouldn't have to change 1 bit since Mark has good feet as well. 3) Sanchez could succeed if needed since we play at least 10 games a year in doors.
    No, most people don't want one Ponder, why would we want two?

I'm not saying Ponder won't improve and be a decent QB for a few years, but right now he needs to sit for the good of the team; maybe a little outside perspective will help him.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast