Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What route should we take if we replace Christian Ponder at QB?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Who said anything about replacing Christian Ponder?

16 27.59%
  • Draft the best QB available in the 2013 draft even if we need to trade up to #1 to get him.

9 15.52%
  • Draft a 1st round QB but don't trade up.

3 5.17%
  • Draft a QB somewhere after the 1st round.

8 13.79%
  • Trade for a QB.

9 15.52%
  • Sign someone in free agency.

10 17.24%
  • Joe Webb can start because he's better anyways.

3 5.17%
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    vCash
    I'm not sure if Ponder is the guy or not, right now he doesn't look like it but I think he get's one more year to prove himself. If for no other reason it will be because there are really no other options out there. Most of you won't like to hear this but I think Musgrave stays for another year, too.

vCash
    No Mike Vick and our interior line has struggled a bit. Most of the pressure is coming from right in the middle every single game. I don't know where the weakness is but maybe a little more beef in the middle might help.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 0 , Yards: 0 , TD's: 0

vCash
    @TomPelissero: Christian Ponder was 6-of-7 passing for 51 yards on third downs yesterday. Four of those completions converted.

“I can’t wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and we’re standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and we’re all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him he’s world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.”
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Ryan Fitzpatrick - QB - Bills
    Ryan Fitzpatrick is likely making his last start with the Bills on Sunday against the Jets in Week 17.
    The rumors have been swirling for the past couple of months that Fitzpatrick is expected to be released after the season. With the most recent news that Buffalo can actually save $500,000 by cutting the quarterback (take notes Mike Tannenabaum), it's virtually a certainty that he's a goner. The Bills are expected to begin their search for the next quarterback of the future this offseason. Fitzpatrick won't be seeing any of the money left on the final five years of his seven-year, $62.2 million contract.
    Figured it would be best to keep this thread going vs keep adding this stuff to the FA thread.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    What about Kirk cousins from washington? He's young and would push ponder for the #1 job, and has shown an ability to win games. Not sure how much he'd cost us though
    ]”Goaltending is a normal job, sure. How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and 15,000 people stood up and yelled at you.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighter97 View Post
    What about Kirk cousins from washington? He's young and would push ponder for the #1 job, and has shown an ability to win games. Not sure how much he'd cost us though
    Its been talked about before, too much. We'd have a better chance getting a deal on Nick Foles if Philly goes in a different direction at offense.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Vikings need a veteran.

vCash
    I don't think a veteran helps us too much. We need a QB that can lead this team for years to come not another stop gap. IMO bring in another young QB to battle with Ponder for the starting job and who has the ability to be a starter. Obviously we don't want two rookies, but the situation in Washington is a good example. Same with Seattle. What the Vikings have right now is a young QB who hasn't proved much of anything, a back up who will never be a starting NFL QB, and a complete project behind them. In my mind create legit competition and you'll see what ponder has.
    ]”Goaltending is a normal job, sure. How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and 15,000 people stood up and yelled at you.”

vCash
    It's Ponder's job all the way so I see no point in bringing in anyone else. If he gets hurt then give the ball to Bethal-Thompson.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 0 , Yards: 0 , TD's: 0

vCash
    I don't think a veteran helps us too much. We need a QB that can lead this team for years to come not another stop gap. IMO bring in another young QB to battle with Ponder for the starting job and who has the ability to be a starter. Obviously we don't want two rookies, but the situation in Washington is a good example. Same with Seattle. What the Vikings have right now is a young QB who hasn't proved much of anything, a back up who will never be a starting NFL QB, and a complete project behind them. In my mind create legit competition and you'll see what ponder has.
    Yes, but we do need to GET someone on the roster to give him competition first. I wouldn't at all mind a veteran QB, however we're not going to be looking at a great crop of FAs, and we're going to have to fork out quite a bit to land any of the better trade possibilities (Alex Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick, to a point Matt Flynn), almost to the point where they will be the defacto starting QB (You don't trade a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick for somebody to sit on the bench)

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Yeah, his name is Christian Ponder. Give him a chance.

This type of impatience is why I hate most Minnesota fans, and I am one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    It's Ponder's job all the way so I see no point in bringing in anyone else. If he gets hurt then give the ball to Bethal-Thompson.
    That's irresponsible.

vCash
    In case you missed the 2011 draft, that's why Ponder is on the roster. The purpose of bringing in a vet is to push him to hold onto the starting gig and to help him become a better QB. If Ponder were to struggle and lose the job to a vet then we would be in some trouble and would have to again look for another young signal caller probably via the draft but that's the worst case scenario. Chances are the earliest we will see the Vikings spend a high draft pick on a QB is the 2014 draft and that's the worst case scenario for the front office.

“I can’t wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and we’re standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and we’re all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him he’s world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.”
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Right my point is if ponder isn't the guy then a veteran doesn't help us. I am in no way calling for us to give up on ponder, but if Joe webb is our contingency plan again for next year that worries me. Absolutely ponder will go into the year as the starter and he should, but he hasn't proven enough as a second year QB that I would be comfortable not having a competent back up on the roster

vCash
    Right my point is if ponder isn't the guy then a veteran doesn't help us. I am in no way calling for us to give up on ponder, but if Joe webb is our contingency plan again for next year that worries me. Absolutely ponder will go into the year as the starter and he should, but he hasn't proven enough as a second year QB that I would be comfortable not having a competent back up on the roster
    Well we won't be making a final call on Ponder being the guy or not until next season. It's clear we will be going into next season with Ponder as the starter and more than likely a veteran as the back up. I highly doubt Joe Webb is the back up next season so no worries there. If we determine next season Ponder isn't the guy then the 2014 off season will be the front office going back to the drawing board and looking for a QB in the 2014 draft.

- Mike Zimmer

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast