Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What route should we take if we replace Christian Ponder at QB?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Who said anything about replacing Christian Ponder?

16 27.59%
  • Draft the best QB available in the 2013 draft even if we need to trade up to #1 to get him.

9 15.52%
  • Draft a 1st round QB but don't trade up.

3 5.17%
  • Draft a QB somewhere after the 1st round.

8 13.79%
  • Trade for a QB.

9 15.52%
  • Sign someone in free agency.

10 17.24%
  • Joe Webb can start because he's better anyways.

3 5.17%
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    Luck is a special type of player. I am not in love with RG3 as much as everyone else, but his style of play is a lot different then Ponder so it matters what you think is good. Did I say he would suck for 4 or 5 years, no. I answered your question for when will Ponder be a super bowl quality qb. Truthfully that is when most qbs are fully developed. I never said he was going to suck until the 5th year. Maybe you should read you own question before you comment about my answer...
    Sorry, I quess I made a crude way of saying if you're not going to be upon the upper echalon, then you must suck until then!
    I'm afraid I've learned alot of bad habits here, taking peoples words out of contexts and stretching them to make your post abit untrue to what you meant.
    Believe me no one has had their post more misconscrude than me.
    I think maybe we should all just keep are post to the people we agree with on here. And ignor the post we disagree with.
    I'll try to leave you guys alone. I really don't like to PO fellow Viking fans. And keep my post to dimgin,jhood, apollo, p.jesus, cyber,twisted, etc. etc.

vCash
    What is upper echelon to you? Top 15, top 10, top 7, top 5, top 3. For me it is top 10 or top 7.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    I just don't understand why people can't just wait and see how things turn out. Why does no one have patience anymore? Ponder has been in roughly 20 something games. That is a very small sample size. People who wanted to see improvements from him have gotten it from a few games where he played well. It really should not be a surprise to people when he struggles, its the nature of the game when dealing with young players. The beauty of the matter is we have ZERO effect on who our starting QB will be.

The team is being built for the long run, just be patient. Also, Madden is a great way to feel like your team has accomplished something if you need instant gratification haha
    Would you say McCoy and Gabbert are good QB's? because McCoy started 20 games and had less talent around him then Ponder. Most people wouldn't hesitate to call Gabbert a bust after as many starts as Ponder. Most fans in the nfl would tell you they don't think Ponder has a career in the nfl. I'd be more optimistic about McCoy then Ponder...Ponder has shown nothing and when he plays great he throws for 225...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloInfinity View Post
    Would you say McCoy and Gabbert are good QB's? because McCoy started 20 games and had less talent around him then Ponder. Most people wouldn't hesitate to call Gabbert a bust after as many starts as Ponder. Most fans in the nfl would tell you they don't think Ponder has a career in the nfl. I'd be more optimistic about McCoy then Ponder...Ponder has shown nothing and when he plays great he throws for 225...
    I think McCoy got royally screwed over by the Browns. He deserved at least another year before he got the boot for Weeden. Gabbert should have at least one more season to prove himself too. Both he and Ponder were made starters far too early in their careers.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    geno smith would be a great idea very mobile and good at what he does i think we need a mobile quarterback so we can find that open receiver

vCash
    Rivers, Palmer, and then just a Veteran Backup to Ponder is in that order my wish list.

vCash
    Sign Vick please. Vick wth AP and Harvin would be awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frezhnitz View Post
    Vick is washed up

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Stop it

vCash
    I'm hearing that Percy may have played his last game as a Viking.
    Vick the Vike. Has a ring to it. Vick would be better than Ponder for sure.
    Ponder has 4 games left to prove himself yet. If he plays the way he has lately, there will be a new QB here next year.
    We are dead last in passing yards. That is hard to believe even with our receivers. With 8 men in the box trying to stop AP, the secondary should be wide open.

vCash
    Carson Palmer? Gasp....What a great idea...I had no idea he would be available. They want a third for him? What?????

Who thought of this or where does it come from. Palmer is exactly what we need. You could trade a 3rd for Palmer and keep Ponder here to have them "compete". It would be the easiest way for the Vikings to say we screwed up the 12 pick in 2010.

Palmer has always completed 60% of his passes, had a decent ypa, has always had a QB rating above 80. Palmer will consistently give us 200-300 yards in the air. If we can run the ball next year like we did this year or better, Palmer would be a supremely good QB here.

Palmer off the AD PA. And lets remember that we will have fresh legs at WR next year. Maybe we could get DHB in the deal...

I wondered if the Ponder supporters believe we are a team a QB away from the SB? I've believed that ever since AD's rookie year. That could be a big difference between the supporters and the non believers.

vCash
    Nope..

vCash
    Nope to Vick and Hell yea to Palmer, he throws for over 300 yards a game and can be that perfect couple year QB for Ponder or whomever to Learn more...How could a Vet who throws for that many yards be bad...OHHH yea the Farve thing was Bad...OHHH and yea so was Randal Cunningham...BTW the two best seasons in Vikings history....But yea keep on with this STUPID STUPID STUPID we have to draft a young guy and just roll with him sink or swim. For every Rookie that has lit it up,,and most of it has been as of late,,,I will give you a better QB that rode the pine for atleast a couple of years before he got his chance and made greatness...Other than Mcmahon and McNabb we have done good with the older guys. I want to have the next Matt Ryan like everyone else but If we dont give AP and Allen a Superbowl the screw it, cause we are blowing two HOF players careers of this BS development.

vCash
    Oh yea Pamler is only 7 yards right now from leading the league in Passing at 3,805 yrds..Yea getting that guy would be a horrible idea.....Wow F@cking Braindead folks in this neck of the woods.

vCash
    wait for someone else to be available someone younger

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast