Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Come on mods...

Hybrid View

vCash

Come on mods...

So yesterday early in the day we had some baiting/insults in the Steelers forum mostly from a Giants fan, but a couple of our own posters as well. So as TM, since I can't delete posts, I reported every single one of them. About 12-14 hours later everything was still there, so I PMed two mods (who will remain nameless as I love both mods and am in no way personally attacking either) asking them to remove the reported posts. Well, this all happened well over a day and a half ago now, and not a single post was deleted or anything. Ever since we lost Wilson as a mod, it takes forever to get anything done. I will admit we don't often get much baiting anymore compared to a while back, but we still do get our share. I'm not asking for me, or any other Steelers forum posters to be turned into mods, but we deserve attention just like mods give to all the other forums. I don't see the point of reporting posts if nothing will get done. At this point its irrelevant since the posts are buried deep in the game thread now, but for future reference, I would appreciate the help. Thanks.

/rant
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Do the posts bother you that much?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Do the posts bother you that much?
    Well, I'm more or less in charge of the forum since I am TM, and we don't have an official in house mod, and I don't want people fighting and being douches to each other in my forum. So yeah, kind of bugs me.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    From the looks of the RP thread, pretty much everybody thought the posts were okay, besides one that had some insults, and that user edited his original post. I didn't look into them myself, but it was three different supermods.

vCash
    I dunno...There was definitely some baiting in there...There was a lot of back and forth stuff. And honestly, if a mod thinks it's alright, they should let me know in that case, rather then letting me make an *** of myself my having to PM them and then post a thread about how it's frustrating that things don't get done.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Honestly, I have seen a lot less than those posts triggers deletions and infractions or bans before, so I dunno.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash

Come on mods...

I handled it and moved it the handled section because the posts were fine. It was handled this morning

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash

handle

Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    I handled it and moved it the handled section because the posts were fine. It was handled this morning
    Thank you for handling this situation that needed handling to be handled.
    Last edited by Driven; 11-05-2012 at 06:29 PM. Reason: handled it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Thank you for handling this situation that needed handling to be handled.
    ha i was on my phone in the waiting room at the dr's office when I wrote that. I should have put #handled after it

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Thanks.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    bmd has the herps.

vCash
    It is obvisously the fact that the steelers forum has no mod and the worst TM ever (BJFD) who edits my titles and wants yes on 34
    Bffs for life BJFD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    It is obvisously the fact that the steelers forum has no mod and the worst TM ever (BJFD) who edits my titles and wants yes on 34
    Bffs for life BJFD
    I edited your title once for the off topic thread because I was bored lol and I enjoy screwing with you. And 34 is extremely important to me, and should not be joked about. BFF
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    What I've always done in a case that I think is urgent, is find a mod from that certain forum or a Supermod that's actually online at the time rather than just go to a regular go to person that may not be online. Very rare that one or 2 mods don't get back to me in about 10-15 mins and if they don't I go on down to the next one until I get some sort of an answer. Even if they don't think it needs to be handled, they'll tell me why.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    What I've always done in a case that I think is urgent, is find a mod from that certain forum or a Supermod that's actually online at the time rather than just go to a regular go to person that may not be online. Very rare that one or 2 mods don't get back to me in about 10-15 mins and if they don't I go on down to the next one until I get some sort of an answer. Even if they don't think it needs to be handled, they'll tell me why.
    One of the mods I had asked was online at the time, and the other is basically my go to mod for just about everything, but he was not on at the time which is why I went for two mods. But yeah, regardless it kind of sucks I never got any response from anyone. I get if they decide it's not worth deleting, but they should at least just sent me a quick VM or PM letting me know, because I reported a lot of posts in that thread and it really did get pretty chippy in there.
    TAKE PRIDE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast