Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Consistency

vCash

Consistency

Considering this from SI

Despite marijuana being legal in some states, we still cannot talk about it because it is still not legal in other states.
    Can we not talk about alcohol sales on Sundays? It's not legal in every part of the US.

I get that there's a certain level of taboo about marijuana, but at some point, restrictions are silly. Why can't we discuss the impact of marijuana legalization and poll about what people do/don't do so long as we're not actively discussing getting high as ****? Yes, this is a sports site...whoopie. We have GD, Entertainment, Food, Politics, Music, Science, etc. areas to discuss things that have nothing to do with sports. Why disallow people to foster conversation, generate discussion, and act civilly? What harm does allowing the discussion of marijuana do?

vCash
    That is something I would consider, but it has to be all or nothing. Otherwise your consistency you are talking about makes us become inconsistent. I cannot allow users from the states allowing marijuana to talk about it, but not users from those states who don't allow it. I am open towards editing the rules and allowing instructional topics to be talked about regarding marijuana, but there is no reason as to why I should allow posts about people getting high or what not.

vCash
    Here's a question. Why the hell do you need to talk about marijuana?

I actually like it the way it is. Have you seen forums were it's allowed? It's a bunch of someinsultthatwouldbecleverbutIgotnothing with weed sigs bragging about this weed and that weed and how high they are. It's so annoying. I'm personally glad it's this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Gabbert is clearly the best QB package in this draft in my opinion.
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.
    People take this guy seriously?

vCash
    It isn't illegal to discuss using marijuana. It is only illegal to have it in your system. You can go straight to the supreme mother****ing court and say that you smoke 20 pounds of weed a day, and you can't get in trouble if it isn't in your system or on your person.

I never understood this rule on this forum.

Gay marriage isn't legal in every state, can we not discuss that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post

I actually like it the way it is. Have you seen forums were it's allowed? It's a bunch of someinsultthatwouldbecleverbutIgotnothing with weed sigs bragging about this weed and that weed and how high they are. It's so annoying. I'm personally glad it's this way.
    This. As much as some users dont like the signature rules or drug talk or filter, I think it makes for a better and cleaner forum.

Obviously not everybody will agree, but I personally don't see a need for any threads discussing marijuana. You can talk about the legal ramifications, but why do we need a thread about how many times you blaze or how your dealer looks?

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash

ewing

Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    This. As much as some users dont like the signature rules or drug talk or filter, I think it makes for a better and cleaner forum.

Obviously not everybody will agree, but I personally don't see a need for any threads discussing marijuana. You can talk about the legal ramifications, but why do we need a thread about how many times you blaze or how your dealer looks?

There is no particular thread we need. Why don't you just admit that you personally see a conversation like that as below you and that is why you would not want it?
    Last edited by ewing; 11-08-2012 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash

Agree completely. Don't change the rule.

vCash

This is a ridiculous position on it's face. Find a single topic on PSD, in any forum, that people need to talk about. If that's the standard we're going to go by, it's time to shut down the forum.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Not everyone can drink, why can't we not talk about that?

SOON

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post

Gay marriage isn't legal in every state, can we not discuss that?
    Absolutely not. There would be poop everywhere.

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    This is a ridiculous position on it's face. Find a single topic on PSD, in any forum, that people need to talk about. If that's the standard we're going to go by, it's time to shut down the forum.
    You got me there.

I just hate endless stoner talk/bragging about smoking pot. It just drives me nuts. And I'm not some anti drug guy, at all. Trust me. I just don't think it needs to be allowed. I don't see the pros....if it was like certain threads, fine. I would stay away, but it would invade all threads, signatures, etc. I just hang out with smokers IRL and they have to whisper like it's nuclear grade uranium they smuggled in, then on the web nobody can shut up about how much they smoke.

You're right about the first line though, that was worded incredibly poorly and didn't really make sense at all. I just don't think it's a valid topic on a sports forum and I've witness the direction it can take and I can't stand it.
    Last edited by Norm; 11-08-2012 at 05:37 PM.
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.

vCash
    Yeah, people who constantly talk about drinking and smoking come of as douchebags (Myself included, of course). It's not a needed topic on a sports forum, but not a lot is. Maybe if the reasoning wasn't completely ridiculous. It's illegal in some? Like someone said, so is gay marriage (And I'd say more of us smoke pot than go out and marry other men). So many gay jokes and references to homosexual marriage are allowed. If the reasoning was somewhat understandable, it'd be okay. But this is just a cop out, it seems.

vCash
    Blunts runnin....

Leave it to PSD to roll nothing but pinners!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post

That's the best you could come up with?

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Oh, Nate, you contrarian.

I don't care that much one way or the other. It's dumb to not allow discussion of legalization at the very least, but I also don't really give a **** that other people can't make "ZOMG I'M SO HIGH KLOLZ" posts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    That's the best you could come up with?

Oh, Nate, you contrarian.

I don't care that much one way or the other. It's dumb to not allow discussion of legalization at the very least, but I also don't really give a **** that other people can't make "ZOMG I'M SO HIGH KLOLZ" posts.
    This is what I don't want. I'll use any possible excuse to try to stop it from happening.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast