Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
Results 286 to 292 of 292
  1. #286
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    5,527
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by N.E.PanthersFan View Post
    Wut.
    let him think ignorance is bliss!



    -Can't handle Yawktoberfest bruh!-

  2. #287
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,252
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    No one game overshadows another, even if it is the playoffs. You're picking and choosing some performances, and it's the difference between intelligent evaluation of a team and buying into the media crap about "nothing matters until the playoffs." That's not where the best teams are decided, contrary to what the media will tell you.

    Timmons is one of the inconsistent members of the front 7. Foote has been better than Timmons so far this year. Unless, just like they say that playoffs are all that matter, you buy into the media crap of "Most RECENT performance matters than more CONSISTENT performance."
    I think when you lose a game in the playoffs, your hopes for winning the superbowl are pretty much over so those games don't mean more than the regular season games? I'm having a hard time understanding that...


    The goal in the NFL is to win the superbowl... EVERYBODY knows that... Regardless of who has the best record or however you determine who the best team is.. The only team that matters in the end is the team holding the trophy and by this franchise having the most and also Big Ben/Polamalu era having two already, they KNOW that there is only ONE goal

    I'm pretty sure that there isn't a Steeler player in the locker room that would be satisfied with not being champion, & if there are then they really don't need to be here

  3. #288
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,644
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HouRealCoach View Post
    I think when you lose a game in the playoffs, your hopes for winning the superbowl are pretty much over so those games don't mean more than the regular season games? I'm having a hard time understanding that...


    The goal in the NFL is to win the superbowl... EVERYBODY knows that... Regardless of who has the best record or however you determine who the best team is.. The only team that matters in the end is the team holding the trophy and by this franchise having the most and also Big Ben/Polamalu era having two already, they KNOW that there is only ONE goal

    I'm pretty sure that there isn't a Steeler player in the locker room that would be satisfied with not being champion, & if there are then they really don't need to be here
    Well now you're changing the direction of the discussion. The point is that how one plays in the playoffs, or a tiny one or two game sample size, doesn't dictate how good that player or team is. It's how the player or the team plays overall throughout the entire season or better yet, multiple seasons. But I think you understood that and realized you were wrong which is why you tried to change the direction. Nice try, but to no avail.

  4. #289
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,252
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    Well now you're changing the direction of the discussion. The point is that how one plays in the playoffs, or a tiny one or two game sample size, doesn't dictate how good that player or team is. It's how the player or the team plays overall throughout the entire season or better yet, multiple seasons. But I think you understood that and realized you were wrong which is why you tried to change the direction. Nice try, but to no avail.
    I'm not trying anything... I said this team is championship or bust and guys replied to it. He also said no game overshadows another, even if it's in the playoffs & I'm indicating that playoff performances mean much more than regular season performances. Kinda like how nobody cares what Matt Ryan is doing right now because of his lack of playoff success or how Tony Romo is often judged because of his lack of playoff success. & last year, we had a damn good regular season on the defensive side of the ball but in the playoffs we got shredded by possibly the WORST throwing QB of all time.

    & for what you said, take the New England Patriots as an example. In 2007, they started off 18-0 (Greatest start ever) but because they didn't win a championship, their season was remembered as the hugest upset EVER instead the greatest team ever which they could have easily been.

    But I'm wondering if I'm so "foolish" & "wrong" why you guys are wasting your time having the discussion... You seem to be getting yourselves worked up. I admit I judged them before the game was over which is also a mistake & should have never counted out the team Ive loved all my life but it's over, we won, & on to next week so keep replying if you want but this is my last post in this thread

  5. #290
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,644
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hineswardfan View Post
    let him think ignorance is bliss!
    I should start listening to advice like this. I'll start now.

  6. #291
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,910
    vCash
    1500
    So you guys know that HouRealCoach is right about playoff performances mattering more regular season performances, right? Look at the Giants' two Super Bowl runs -- horrible regular seasons, but they got hot at the right time (read: playoffs) and took it all the way.

    Where I disagree is in saying that LeBeau (and, by extension, the entire defensive system) is bad because the defense had a bad game in the playoffs. If a system is working all year long and then gets shredded in one game, that's on the players not executing, that's not on the coach. If you go back and watch the game again, it's definitely, no doubt in my mind on the players not executing.

    I must have misinterpreted the "championship or bust" comment. I thought that meant from certain fans' perspectives of "if we don't win, we should just clear house and rebuild", rather than the perspective of the coaches, players, and organization, who are all looking to win the Super Bowl every year. The comment is correct in that this team never plays simply "to show improvement" like, say, my Panthers. But I think "or bust" is perhaps the wrong word choice.

  7. #292
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,644
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by N.E.PanthersFan View Post
    So you guys know that HouRealCoach is right about playoff performances mattering more regular season performances, right? Look at the Giants' two Super Bowl runs -- horrible regular seasons, but they got hot at the right time (read: playoffs) and took it all the way.

    Where I disagree is in saying that LeBeau (and, by extension, the entire defensive system) is bad because the defense had a bad game in the playoffs. If a system is working all year long and then gets shredded in one game, that's on the players not executing, that's not on the coach. If you go back and watch the game again, it's definitely, no doubt in my mind on the players not executing.

    I must have misinterpreted the "championship or bust" comment. I thought that meant from certain fans' perspectives of "if we don't win, we should just clear house and rebuild", rather than the perspective of the coaches, players, and organization, who are all looking to win the Super Bowl every year. The comment is correct in that this team never plays simply "to show improvement" like, say, my Panthers. But I think "or bust" is perhaps the wrong word choice.
    Yeah I think everyone recognizes and agrees that once you're in the playoffs nothing else matters. Where the disagreement lies is whether or not playoff performance dictates quality of player more than any other selective sample size.

    I personally take "championship or bust" to mean that this is a championship team and it'll be a disappointment if we don't get there, which I also agreement. But that's just my opinion.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •