Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Right now he's doing ok, he's nothing special. Stats wise he's worse than Feilds was for us, less points and less rebounds. As far as defense is concerned he's as good as Feilds was maybe slightly better at this point. I cant complain since he's only signed for the minimum but, he hasnt been exactly great either.

He looks a little out of shape and doesnt seem to be moving that fluidly.

All of this might be because he's just coming off a knee injury. So he'll get better as the season moves along, he'll get his explosiveness back and be able to cut and jump better.
    He'll give us options once Shumpert comes back. We'd be able to use him in the lineup at the three or bring him off the bench. Either way it doesnt hurt to have depth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think the only thing we can do is resign him again for 1 year vet min, than resign him long term. I don't believe we own his rights. Unfortunately I think hes a goner after this season, but I would **** bricks if we can resign the dude.

What do you mean by limited? He isn't a lights out 3 point shooter? The dude moves without the ball on OFFENSE better than anyone I've seen in years, he consistently finds himself under the rim wide open and gets in the heart of the D and sets guys up. His passing has been a plus, he makes quick decisions, constant movement, he has some decent handles, and I trust his jumper 100x more than I trusted Fields.

So far hes hit a 3 ball in each game and is shooting 40% from downtown.

JKidd is limited offensively, look what hes done?

These guys may be limited in their skill set offensively, but they are extremely smart basketball players, know how to play the game the right way, and are no where near limited in their impact on the court.
    Nah bro, I'm not letting you slide on this one. Ronnie Brewer is a glorified scrub and we all know it. His skills are a mix of Fields and Jefferies. We definitely need that on this team but let's not make him out to be an actual "good player." Every team needs one guy in the lineup that doesn't have plays run for them. He's that guy for us for now.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Nah bro, I'm not letting you slide on this one. Ronnie Brewer is a glorified scrub and we all know it. His skills are a mix of Fields and Jefferies. We definitely need that on this team but let's not make him out to be an actual "good player." Every team needs one guy in the lineup that doesn't have plays run for them. He's that guy for us for now.
    Yeah you know nothing about basketball, sorry bro.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    3 Million Dollar Mid level Exception.
    If I am not mistaken, you can't offer the 3M MLE in back to back seasons. We used it on Kidd last year, right?
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    Right now he's doing ok, he's nothing special. Stats wise he's worse than Feilds was for us, less points and less rebounds. As far as defense is concerned he's as good as Feilds was maybe slightly better at this point. I cant complain since he's only signed for the minimum but, he hasnt been exactly great either.

All of this might be because he's just coming off a knee injury. So he'll get better as the season moves along, he'll get his explosiveness back and be able to cut and jump better.
    He'll give us options once Shumpert comes back. We'd be able to use him in the lineup at the three or bring him off the bench. Either way it doesnt hurt to have depth.
    Are you talking about 1st half year Fields in his rookie season, or the 1 and a half years of garbage that followed that??

I feel pretty confident in this statement: Ronnie Brewer is a better player on both sides of the court than Landry Fields. GO into the Raps forum, and see how much they like Landry first hand. The guy is a SCRUB. No 2 ways around it; it's mainly his lack of confidence that has caused him to be the shell of a player he was for the 1st half of his rookie campaign.

And don't forget, Landry makes more than JR, ROnnie and Shump Shump combined. There is no logical argument you can make of Fields being better than ANY of those 3 guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    You are one of the original O.G's of this forum and for that you get my respect, but I'm really not sure if you have no any what you are talking about. Sometimes I wonder if some of you dudes even watch the games for more than flashy points and scoring the ball.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 11-05-2012 at 05:04 PM.

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash

Reading stuff like this makes me think some of you guys never played basketball before. His defense is a lil better than Landry f***ing Fields?... that statement alone is laughable as hell. Brewer has been locking down whoever he has been guarding man. He was shutting down Lebron & D Wade on good stretches for crying out loud. He makes almost every shot he takes around the basket and has been knocking down a few outside shots. All this is still with him out of shape.
    He felt that one

Bye Bye Haters

KNICKS SEAHAWKS RANGERS MARINERS

vCash
    If you can't appreciate Brewer i feel sorry for you

The Future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankster View Post
    Are you talking about 1st half year Fields in his rookie season, or the 1 and a half years of garbage that followed that??

I feel pretty confident in this statement: Ronnie Brewer is a better player on both sides of the court than Landry Fields. GO into the Raps forum, and see how much they like Landry first hand. The guy is a SCRUB. No 2 ways around it; it's mainly his lack of confidence that has caused him to be the shell of a player he was for the 1st half of his rookie campaign.

And don't forget, Landry makes more than JR, ROnnie and Shump Shump combined. There is no logical argument you can make of Fields being better than ANY of those 3 guys.
    I agree with you, I never liked Landry Feilds. I always thought he was overrated and thought we should've traded him when his stock was high. I'm talking about production. Feilds still averaged over 10pts and grabbed close to 6 rebs per game and played solid defense. Production wise Brewer hasnt matched him.

But like I said that could be due to him just coming of his injury. Once he's at full health he'll replace that production and play better defense. He's a bargain at the minimum.
    Last edited by AFG-NYC; 11-05-2012 at 05:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankstheknicks View Post
    You know what ... This is a thread that needs to be seen...and your 100% on the money with this one...hope this thread gets a lota burn because nobody is talking about brewer.. ( even tho i bad talked about brewer ) i was obviously wrong..

Ill take those crows a la cart"e please........
    At least you can admit it

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    I agree with you, I never like Landry Feilds. I always thought he was overrated and thought we should've traded him when his stock was high. I'm talking about production. Feilds still averaged over 10pts and grabbed close to 6 rebs per game and played solid defense. Production wise Brewer hasnt matched him.

But like I said that could be due to him just coming of his injury. Once he's at full health he'll replace that production and play better defense. He's a bargain at the minimum.
    Can we stop judging players effectiveness based on meaningless points+rebs production?

Since when does this NANDO logic translate on the basketball court?

If your judging Brewer's impact by the box score, your doing yourself a major disservice. Just watch the dude play out there on both ends, than you will see his impact.

vCash
    By far the best addition this offseason in terms of price/ability. The Knicks should keep him in the starting lineup even when STAT returns (they won't probably). Felton-Kidd-Brewer-Melo-Chandler is by far the most efficient lineup we have.

NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

vCash
    Some people have been praising this move the whole time. Its like having another Shumpert.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    Some people have been praising this move the whole time. Its like having another Shumpert.
    I new it was a good signing but he was kinda under the radar cause he was hurt most of the preseason and I had no clue he would fit right in like he has so far... with that said people who can't appreciate what he brings to the table have no comprehension on the game of basketball and solely look at box scores.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RonE Coleman View Post
    I new it was a good signing but he was kinda under the radar cause he was hurt most of the preseason and I had no clue he would fit right in like he has so far... with that said people who can't appreciate what he brings to the table have no comprehension on the game of basketball and solely look at box scores.
    My pops doesn't have the greatest knowledge of bball but loves to watch the Knicks, he would bash Jeffries relentlessly like most on here would, I would always try to explain the little things he did that made him valuable. He will sometimes call out the wrong guy on D when it wasn't his fault, I'd explain the rotations and how you have to 'help the helper' and how Tyson isn't at fault regardless if his man scored, because he had to rotate to help on penetration - i.e things that the casual fans don't really grasp in real time.

I don't even have to do that with Brewer for him, that should be blatantly obvious for anyone with 2 eyeballs. Dude makes good things happen out there.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 11-05-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast