Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    He's the steal of our FA.
    The Vet min for a guy that could've signed a multi mil muilti year deal elsewhere.

The question is, can we retain him (and JR who seems destined to bolt after rising his stock this season)

vCash
    Again, JR is ours we have his rights after this year

The Future

vCash
    I love you Ronnie!

vCash
    Ronnie Brewer is just a smaller version of Jared Jefferies. He is a bit player keeping the seat warm until Shumpert returns. Fortunately it won't even feel like its that far away. Theoretically Shumpert and Stat could return relatively around the same time.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Ronnie Brewer is just a smaller version of Jared Jefferies. He is a bit player keeping the seat warm until Shumpert returns. Fortunately it won't even feel like its that far away. Theoretically Shumpert and Stat could return relatively around the same time.
    Lmao um what? So just because hes known for his Defense means hes a Jeffries clone?

vCash
    Come play off time with ronnie on lBJ and shump on wade melo on bosh they in loads of trouble. I remeber shump was killing Dwade last year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RonE Coleman View Post
    Lmao um what? So just because hes known for his Defense means hes a Jeffries clone?
    He's a LIMITED offensive player that plays good defense. That is NOT a knock. Just stating the obvious. He should never be allowed to shoot from the perimeter.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    wow really? lol did u just call him a smaller version of jeffries?

he rebounds better than jeffries, he cuts to the basket better than jeffries, he plays better man on man defense jeffries was a solid help defender but so is brewer.... hes more athletic and hes tougher

Im sorry i just dont see the comparison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    He's not even healthy yet, wait until he is attacking the rim and straight boofing it on people heads.

I'm calling it now, we are resigning him after we see him and Shumps locking down the perimeter.
    I think the only thing we can do is resign him again for 1 year vet min, than resign him long term. I don't believe we own his rights. Unfortunately I think hes a goner after this season, but I would **** bricks if we can resign the dude.

He's a LIMITED offensive player that plays good defense. That is NOT a knock. Just stating the obvious. He should never be allowed to shoot from the perimeter.
    What do you mean by limited? He isn't a lights out 3 point shooter? The dude moves without the ball on OFFENSE better than anyone I've seen in years, he consistently finds himself under the rim wide open and gets in the heart of the D and sets guys up. His passing has been a plus, he makes quick decisions, constant movement, he has some decent handles, and I trust his jumper 100x more than I trusted Fields.

So far hes hit a 3 ball in each game and is shooting 40% from downtown.

JKidd is limited offensively, look what hes done?

These guys may be limited in their skill set offensively, but they are extremely smart basketball players, know how to play the game the right way, and are no where near limited in their impact on the court.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 11-05-2012 at 01:09 PM.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think the only thing we can do is resign him again for 1 year vet min, than resign him long term. I don't believe we own his rights. Unfortunately I think hes a goner after this season, but I would **** bricks if we can resign the dude.

What do you mean by limited? He isn't a lights out 3 point shooter? The dude moves without the ball on OFFENSE better than anyone I've seen in years, he consistently finds himself under the rim wide open and gets in the heart of the D and sets guys up. His passing has been a plus, he makes quick decisions, constant movement, he has some decent handles, and I trust his jumper 100x more than I trusted Fields.

These guys may be limited in their skill set offensively, but they are extremely smart basketball players, know how to play the game the right way, and are no where near limited in their impact on the court.
    some people think offense is just shooting the ball... they dont think it has anything to do with off-ball play, passing, assisting, ball handle, offensive rebounding or anything like that

vCash
    the first game brought back memories of JJ. I trust he is better and will improve as the season goes on.

vCash

Spit that fire Dee-Lethal. Seriously,the thing I love most about our new acquisitions is they know their limitations. That's what you get when you pick up guys with veteran experience.

I'm still over the moon that Landry Fields is gone. I've mentioned it several times in the past and will say it again, Fields is making more than Shumpert, Brewer and JR Smith COMBINED. It was highway robbery for us this past offseason, and aside from not matching Lin, I think the GM has done a helluva job up to this point.

Doesn't hurt also that Raymond is putting up some pretty good #'s for a guy making 1/3rd of what Lin is making, but that's a different topic altogether.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RonE Coleman View Post
    I know its early on but I think this guy is going to be one of our best off season moves, if not the best.

Hes not flashy, wont put up big points but if we are going to contend in the East; a guy who can guard guys like Lebron, Paul Pierce and other big time scorers will really help.

Hes a much better player than Fields for playing the same role and we got him for a fraction of the price (vet min).
    Thoughts?

Amen....you said a mouth full right there. I agree with you....RB is a solid SG and I have to remind myself the guy is just coming off surgery and hasn't played much this summer...so hes going to get stronger and more aggressive as he gets healther and better conditioned.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    3 Million Dollar Mid level Exception.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    Amen....you said a mouth full right there. I agree with you....RB is a solid SG and I have to remind myself the guy is just coming off surgery and hasn't played much this summer...so hes going to get stronger and more aggressive as he gets healther and better conditioned.
    Thank you sir. Agreed!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast