Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Zito still isn't that good. I'm grateful for what he did in St. Louis, in the World Series, and for some starts down the stretch because he stepped up when he needed to, but he's just not that good anymore. He hasn't been for a very long time.
    He's not that good, but for the first time in a Giants uni, he doesn't suck. He got it done when his team needed him the most, twice.

vCash
    It just bothers me when people think Zito is good now because he won 15 games. I mean did they forget about 2009? Just going off his regular season stats and forgetting about the Postseason this wasn't his best year as a Giant. Because the guy has six more wins and six less losses on his record than 2009 that makes him a better, and as some would say, a "good" pitcher now?

Ariana Grande

vCash
    It just bothers me when people think Zito is good now because he won 15 games. I mean did they forget about 2009? Just going off his regular season stats and forgetting about the Postseason this wasn't his best year as a Giant. Because the guy has six more wins and six less losses on his record than 2009 that makes him a better, and as some would say, a "good" pitcher now?

Yes cuz he stepped up when needed. Maybe he felt he had more support this year so took it a little easier. Isn't winning all that matters?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Over Da Pence View Post
    Yes cuz he stepped up when needed. Maybe he felt he had more support this year so took it a little easier. Isn't winning all that matters?
    Winning is all that matters in sports, but you're saying Zito is a good pitcher because he won 15 games and stepped up when he needed. That doesn't make him a good pitcher. If he had good ERA, FIP, xFIP, WHIP, BAA, low walk rate over the course of the year that would make him a good pitcher. But for most of the season he had bad stats. That's all I'm saying.

And to ask again, which two pitchers would you want on your team? Choose from these four- 13-12, 15-8, 18-8, or 14-9?
    Last edited by SFrush90; 11-05-2012 at 02:10 AM.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    No one forgot, were just trying very hard to forget.

vCash
    Winning is all that matters in sports, but you're saying Zito is a good pitcher because he won 15 games. That doesn't make him a good pitcher. If he had good ERA, FIP, xFIP, WHIP, BAA, low walk rate, that would make him a good pitcher. But for most of the season he had bad stats. That's all I'm saying.

And to ask again, which pitcher would you rather have? One with a 13-12 record or one with 18-8 record?

18-8 but if the lesser record pitcher helped me win the ws then that's the one I want. Because u can have a steller season but once October comes only today matters.

vCash
    18-8 but if the lesser record pitcher helped me win the ws then that's the one I want. Because u can have a steller season but once October comes only today matters.
    Congrats. You chose Phil Hughes over Felix Hernandez. The point you're making about wins and losses on a pitchers record has nothing to do with the way the pitcher is pitching. It has everything to do with the offense that backs them up. So basically, you'd rather have Phil Hughes because he had the 2010 yankees offense behind who scored the most runs in baseball over Felix Hernandez who was far superior, but didn't have as many wins because his offensive support scored the least amount of runs in baseball? Like I said, it has nothing to do with the pitcher pitching well to get the 18 wins. It has everything to do with the offense behind him getting him the run support to overcome his bad pitching. Unfortunately, Felix Hernandez wasn't fortunate enough to have that run support.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 11-05-2012 at 02:20 AM.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    You really remind me of Mr.LA...

Ariana Grande

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    This thread is full of awesomeness

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    This thread is full of awesomeness
    I couldn't bear to read more than a couple of these posts.. SFrush gets trolled hard. I'm unmerging these threads, we need more discussion of Zito and the 126mill we paid for these 2 starts.

And OverdaPence is the Mr.LA guy, compare their posts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiskeptSF View Post
    I couldn't bear to read more than a couple of these posts.. SFrush gets trolled hard. I'm unmerging these threads, we need more discussion of Zito and the 126mill we paid for these 2 starts.

And OverdaPence is the Mr.LA guy, compare their posts.
    I first thought I could have a conversation. He seemed a bit more rational than before, but as the posts starting racking up, I too, started to think ODP is Mr. LA. Very similar.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Sfrush90 I find you negative in ways. If Zito helped them win 14 straight why in the world would u critique him? Isn't winning the bottom line? Much like how u say RBIs don't matter. If runs are coming in and wins are manifesting then that is the bottom line. If Zito became invisible in the sense that he couldn't lose, then that is the bottom line.. U could have the most impressive resume in the world but if u don't win your still a loser ala monta Ellis ala bonds. Hunter and Barry are winners.
    Honestly, if Zito became invisible he would be a much better pitcher.

vCash
    pence goes into the hall of shame with domefavors, cousinsevansduo, chinatownbizness and fadedmario.

People like spliff who only stick to the Giants forum are lucky. Pence recently invaded the Dubs forum and we don't have the resources over there to counteract his cancerous nonsense.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

vCash
    Nice avi & sig, Spliff.

vCash

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12