Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Tired of folks still saying Zito sucks

They won the Ws and they ain't there without Zito who hadn't lost since August btw. Some jerk on the warriors board said Zito sucks. All I was saying was that it would be nice if biedrins could have a Zito type comeback and some jerk starts going off on how Zito still sucks. Hey if Zito doesn't win that game against cardinals (and nice bunt) then the giants don't make the WS. Zito redeemed himself. Some people are morons. I was trying to talk about the team and it got into a Zito argument. Zito needs credit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Over Da Pence View Post
    They won the Ws and they ain't there without Zito who hadn't lost since August btw. Some jerk on the warriors board said Zito sucks. All I was saying was that it would be nice if biedrins could have a Zito type comeback and some jerk starts going off on how Zito still sucks. Hey if Zito doesn't win that game against cardinals (and nice bunt) then the giants don't make the WS. Zito redeemed himself. Some people are morons. I was trying to talk about the team and it got into a Zito argument. Zito needs credit.
    I commented in that thread as well, the guy didn't really have any clue what he was talking about (specifically his Astros argument lmao). This wasn't Zito's best year statistically, but he sure was clutch for us and we wouldn't have won this title without him.
    "It's already over. All hopes aside and being only realistic. The Giants won't make the post season with the Dodgers and the Rockies in the same division."
    -rarryronds (06/03/2010 - on the Giants 2010 season)

"Stephen Curry is not a point guard"
    -asandhu23 (May 5, 2011)

vCash
    Zito still isn't that good. I'm grateful for what he did in St. Louis, in the World Series, and for some starts down the stretch because he stepped up when he needed to, but he's just not that good anymore. He hasn't been for a very long time.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Thanks. I hate guys who have no idea and act like they do. Go warriors tomorrow. They cannot take the kings lightly. The warriors are the giants right now. The mojo is carrying over. And like the giants the warriors are winning road games.

vCash
    Zito and Pence both suck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Zito still isn't that good. I'm grateful for what he did in St. Louis, in the World Series, and for some starts down the stretch because he stepped up when he needed to, but he's just not that good anymore. He hasn't been for a very long time.

Sfrush90 I find you negative in ways. If Zito helped them win 14 straight why in the world would u critique him? Isn't winning the bottom line? Much like how u say RBIs don't matter. If runs are coming in and wins are manifesting then that is the bottom line. If Zito became invisible in the sense that he couldn't lose, then that is the bottom line.. U could have the most impressive resume in the world but if u don't win your still a loser ala monta Ellis ala bonds. Hunter and Barry are winners.
    Last edited by Over Da Pence; 11-05-2012 at 01:11 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rcs15 View Post
    Zito and Pence both suck

Who's making the money? Not you!

vCash

vCash
    Sfrush90 I find you negative in ways. If Zito helped them win 14 straight why in the world would u critique him? Isn't winning the bottom line? Much like how u say RBIs don't matter. If runs are coming in and wins are manifesting then that is the bottom line. If Zito became invisible in the sense that he couldn't lose, then that is the bottom line.. U could have the most impressive resume in the world but if u don't win your still a loser ala monta Ellis ala bonds. Hunter and Barry are winners.
    Tell me how Zito had a good year this year. Zito didn't help them win 14 straight games. There were a good amount of starts in there where he was bad. In September and two of his three starts in the Postseason he helped them win for the most part, but you're wrong when you say Zito helped them win 14 straight games.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 11-05-2012 at 01:19 AM.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Zito was a mediocre pitcher this year who pitched amazingly when we needed it most.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Tell me how Zito had a good year this year. Zito didn't help them win 14 straight games. There were a good amount of starts in there where he was bad. In September and two of his three starts in the Postseason he helped them win for the most part, but you're wrong when you say Zito helped them win 14 straight games.

Yes he did. Because if he pitched bad enough then they would have lost. They won and he started. He had a good record this year. All u have to do is look at the record my friend. Quit over analyzing. The giants are champs and Zito couldn't have done any better.

vCash
    Yes he did. Because if he pitched bad enough then they would have lost. They won and he started. He had a good record this year. All u have to do is look at the record my friend. Quit over analyzing. The giants are champs and Zito couldn't have done any better.
    This is the SF Giants forum. We analyze everything Giants. If you don't like it then stop posting.

You can not say Zito is a good pitcher based off his record. Wins are one of the worst ways to judge a pitcher. 15 wins on your record doesn't make you a good pitcher.

Let me ask you this question. What pitcher would rather have? A pitcher with a 13-12 record or one with 18-8 record?

Ariana Grande

vCash

In baseball it's what u did not how u do it

Like Zito. He couldn't lose in the later part of the season. I don't care of its luck or good run support. He was a winner. He had a good record. Pence not only 104 rbis but 3 very important rbis when they needed it most. It doesn't matter that the shattered bat caused kosmo to get fooled. I rather have that happen then a hard out. Then he had runs in most of the ws games and batted almost 300. It's about winning and it doesn't matter how you do it. If your team needs speeches so be it. Verlander was great all year but panda owned him when it counted. U can argue all u want and say pences hit was lucky or the speech wasn't important or Zito was lucky to not lose since August. Bottom line is it doesn't matter how lucky or good u are if u are a champion. Bonds who I do Like never won. So analyzing is a little overrated. Winning and coming through in the clutch is 1000 times more important than having the prototypical skills and stats. And also sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. That's just baseball. At end of day the ONLY thing that ultimately matters is if you are a champion or a loser. That's some truth. That's what Moneyball lacked. There is no getting around having a heart and getting timely hits making clutch plays. That's why Moneyball never won a championship. In October u want the Cody Ross's not the Barry bonds or anyone who never won a ring.
    Last edited by Over Da Pence; 11-05-2012 at 01:39 AM.

vCash
    Do we really need another thread of this? Just post this in the other one. It feels like I can have an actual conversation with you this time around even though I disagree with you, but stop making all these damn threads.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    I'm merging this with your zito thread.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast