Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillzfan1126 View Post
    Screw Hamilton, let us go get Stanton

A-Team hypothetically if the Marlins did want to deal him to us, what would you give up?
    Think every prospect of note, Dom Brown and Worley.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillzfan1126 View Post
    Screw Hamilton, let us go get Stanton

A-Team hypothetically if the Marlins did want to deal him to us, what would you give up?
    Any pick of 6 players from our farm plus a boat load of cash....They would still say no

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Any pick of 6 players from our farm plus a boat load of cash....They would still say no
    We will have to throw Kendrick on the deal then...........they will have to say yes then

Bring on our 3rd WS ring, our first Super Bowl win, 4th NBA Championship, and 3rd Stanley Cup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Think every prospect of note, Dom Brown and Worley.
    Phillies have no prosect of note...and why would they want a marginal starting outfielder and back end pitcher. We dont have anywhere close to watch Stanton should demand in any deal.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    Phillies have no prosect of note...and why would they want a marginal starting outfielder and back end pitcher. We dont have anywhere close to watch Stanton should demand in any deal.
    "Of note" meaning the top, say, 20 prospects in our organization. Which wouldnt even scratch the surface

vCash
    Serious question...Could we offer them 20 mill for stanton lol.... I am not even kidding just offer them a ton of cash and call it a day

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Serious question...Could we offer them 20 mill for stanton lol.... I am not even kidding just offer them a ton of cash and call it a day
    Doubt 20mil would get it done

vCash
    Maybe if you combine the ideas of paying a lot of money and trading all our prospects. It can't/won't happen.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Nah I know it is virtually impossible to get him, sometimes just fun to think about.

How sad is it that the pirates fans are feeling sorry for the Marlins. Thats when you know you have hit a new low

Bring on our 3rd WS ring, our first Super Bowl win, 4th NBA Championship, and 3rd Stanley Cup

vCash
    I am SICK of having guys that bat around 250. the previous year and expect them to be better here in philly. Upton batted 246. if I am not mistaken and while Hamilton is an MVP candidate year in and year out. Thats who I want. He hasnt missed too many games the past few years, only 14 last year. This past year was terrible. And after Laynce Nix, and Wiggington, I do NOT want anymore low average trash here

PHILLIES 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS
    NORTH CAROLINA 2009 NCAA CHAMPIONS

vCash
    He may have only missed 14 last year, but he allegedly quit on the team and had some eye problems. Then the year before that he missed 40 games, the year before that, 30, the year before that he only played 89 games.

Theres more to a ball player than average, I honestly cant believe that we are still using that as the end all be all for a player.

Upton had a really down year, like really down. 7.1% BB rate compared to his 10.5% career average. His K numbers this year, 26.7%, were a little high when compared to his career averages, 25.8%. He also had a low BABIP, .294, compared to his career average, .310.

While Hamilton does have lower K numbers when compared to Upton's, his BB % is lower than Upton's career numbers. Also, over the past two years Hamilton has been a 4.1 and 4.4 WAR player while Upton has been a 4.1 and 3.3 WAR player. Assuming Upton gets back to his 4 WAR pace, would you really pay, say, 5-10 extra million for Hamilton simply because he has a higher average?

vCash
    toisdabest81 you cant argue with sexicano31. he is always right

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toisdabest81 View Post
    I am SICK of having guys that bat around 250. the previous year and expect them to be better here in philly. Upton batted 246. if I am not mistaken and while Hamilton is an MVP candidate year in and year out. Thats who I want. He hasnt missed too many games the past few years, only 14 last year. This past year was terrible. And after Laynce Nix, and Wiggington, I do NOT want anymore low average trash here
    1: Since when is AVG even remotely the most important statistic a player gives you?

2: Hamilton's baggage he comes with is far, far, far (did I say far) more costly to the team then his contract alone. The guy has a significant injury history, significant substance abuse problem that almost cost him his career once, has allegedly quit on his team, and fell apart at the end of last season. This guy is not even allowed to have money or a credit card on him because he will go spend it on drugs/alcohol. The team he won an MVP for is perfectly fine with watching him walk away.... What does that tell you?

Look, my first instinct would be to go out there and sign him. If the price/years are a perfect situation, then yes go out sign him and hope for the best. No way in **** I'm giving him more than 4 years or over $100 million. There is significant risk coming with him, and some team is going to offer him the moon which I hope to god we do not try to match.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    He may have only missed 14 last year, but he allegedly quit on the team and had some eye problems. Then the year before that he missed 40 games, the year before that, 30, the year before that he only played 89 games.

Theres more to a ball player than average, I honestly cant believe that we are still using that as the end all be all for a player.

Upton had a really down year, like really down. 7.1% BB rate compared to his 10.5% career average. His K numbers this year, 26.7%, were a little high when compared to his career averages, 25.8%. He also had a low BABIP, .294, compared to his career average, .310.

While Hamilton does have lower K numbers when compared to Upton's, his BB % is lower than Upton's career numbers. Also, over the past two years Hamilton has been a 4.1 and 4.4 WAR player while Upton has been a 4.1 and 3.3 WAR player. Assuming Upton gets back to his 4 WAR pace, would you really pay, say, 5-10 extra million for Hamilton simply because he has a higher average?
    Agreed on your points about Hamilton, but I think you're trying a little too hard to make your point.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Philsforever View Post
    toisdabest81 you cant argue with sexicano31. he is always right
    I wish there was a dismissive wanking emoticon since you can't seem to take it when people disagree with you.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast