Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Oh...hustle...right

I dont think I've seen anything about any of the Upton brothers being bad in the clubhouse
    http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseb...-years/1105440

I'm not trying to go tit for tat...just saying that it is very well documented. And keep in mind that Maddon is a laid back dude. This kid is Rollins times ten. If he hit .248 with 40 homers...ok. But it's.248 with 21 homers. Doesn't warrant six years/ $90 mill imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillies1980 View Post
    http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseb...-years/1105440

I'm not trying to go tit for tat...just saying that it is very well documented. And keep in mind that Maddon is a laid back dude. This kid is Rollins times ten. If he hit .248 with 40 homers...ok. But it's.248 with 21 homers. Doesn't warrant six years/ $90 mill imo
    Fair enough. But its not that bad. People go on and on about how great our clubhouse is with guys like Charlie, Rollins, Utley, etc. Do you really think one guy would change that? Do you really think a guy like Upton would even hurt the team? Its a little overrated

vCash
    It's hard to say whether or not it's overrated. What we do know is that Upton didn't seem to negatively affect the Rays clubhouse environment at all.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    If the Phillies somehow got ahold of Shin-Soo Choo I would be the happiest guy ever

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    I know we like his name and all along with what he did for fantasy teams in 2010, but he's basically a left-handed platoon bat. Granted, he destroys right-handed pitching, but why would we want to trade for that?
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

vCash
    I like choo also I don't see him as a platoon player.

Granted another left handed bat not what we need.

I see choo hitting 20 hr 20 SB batting 290

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    I know we like his name and all along with what he did for fantasy teams in 2010, but he's basically a left-handed platoon bat. Granted, he destroys right-handed pitching, but why would we want to trade for that?
    Just looked at his career splits:
    .307/.400/.514/.914 vs RHP
    .249/.338/.358/.695 vs LHP

thats crazy

vCash
    Yeah Choo has done nothing big since 2010, Like A Team mentioned...i like the idea of Upton because I feel like he is the kind of guy that needs a packed ballpark to bring it 100% everyday...not saying thats a great characteristic, but if he does bring that 100%, hes a risk im willing to take, because he does have upside at the plate...many feel he hasnt reached his full potential there...and no matter what, he improves the defense in the outfield tremendously...defense has to be taken into consideration especially with the guys we all know they may be platooning with

vCash
    Choo actually had a really solid bounce back season last year after a down 2011. Its not that he hasnt done anything, its that he has some crazy platoon splits

vCash
    His 2012 splits are comical, although I wouldn't attach much meaning to them. Fairly small sample plus some wonky BABIPs. Can't tell the difference between signal and noise in those numbers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    His 2012 splits are comical, although I wouldn't attach much meaning to them. Fairly small sample plus some wonky BABIPs. Can't tell the difference between signal and noise in those numbers.
    Well the splits I posted above are his career splits. I think thats a big enough sample size.

vCash
    Regardless of the splits, he's easily a .850 OPS player with a solid glove, speed and above average power

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    I want one or two of the Uptons, Choo, Hamilton, Headley. I'd be willing to go 3-5 years for Hamilton without question. I don't think Hamilton is as much a concern injury or drug/relapse wise as people think.

I'd prefer both uptons to be honest since they'd add some semblance of youth and I wouldn't mind seeing what they do playing together. If that's the case Brown is all but gone to Arizona but I don't think Arizona would really want that though. They want a SS so getting them to take any sort of package that the Phillies would offer would mean they basically downgraded their asking price.

I want BJ in centerfield though. I want him more than Bourn (I don't even know why his name is brought up). If they can get BJ and Hamilton with Bourn/Ruf/Nate whoever for the other OF spot then I'd be happy. Play scrubs at 3B for awhile Frandsen and so on.

Hamilton may be old and injury prone but I think he has more left than Howard does. Howard most certainly is out of Philly once his contract is done and filling 1B is easier especially if Ruf is a passable bat that could be switched to 1B.

vCash
    I also don't understand why so many people fear that the Phils will sign Bourn.. We all know they won't take Jimmy out of the leadoff spot, so there's really no spot for Bourn here.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    I also don't understand why so many people fear that the Phils will sign Bourn.. We all know they won't take Jimmy out of the leadoff spot, so there's really no spot for Bourn here.
    I personally like bourn, and he's a great outfielder. The reason people are afraid: Contract size/length rumors, He's lefty, and a career .339 OBP is nothing too special

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast