Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    http://www.the700level.com/baseball-...blockID=650990

Honestly I never new about this tv deal lol.
    It hasn't gotten to the bid stage yet. But yes, there's a reason the Phillies have been reportedly spending beyond their means.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    I be shocked to see the pHils sign him, however I said the same about Cliff Lee. So you never know.
    Here is my thinking about Josh we all know Utley is near the end with the phillies being a free agent after this year. So my guess is that he will become a DH in the AL. This only make sense for him and it would not be wise for the phils to invest into someone with 2 bad knees.
    So Josh would be our new 3 hole hitter power.
    4 signings I would like for the phils
    Josh Hamiltion
    Keppeniger
    MIke Adams or Madson either one
    Pegan Switch hitter that can bat 2

Only problem with this no RH power bat.......
    ONLY hope is RUF

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyers01 View Post
    I be shocked to see the pHils sign him, however I said the same about Cliff Lee. So you never know.
    Here is my thinking about Josh we all know Utley is near the end with the phillies being a free agent after this year. So my guess is that he will become a DH in the AL. This only make sense for him and it would not be wise for the phils to invest into someone with 2 bad knees.
    So Josh would be our new 3 hole hitter power.
    4 signings I would like for the phils
    Josh Hamiltion
    Keppeniger
    MIke Adams or Madson either one
    Pegan Switch hitter that can bat 2

Only problem with this no RH power bat.......
    ONLY hope is RUF
    That's the reason I dont want Hamilton along with the fact that he is injury prone and is going to cost way too much money. Rather go with Upton.

I've always liked Keppinger. Would be a nice stop gap for a year or two. Doesnt have much power or flash, but he doesnt strike out and this team needs a guy like that desperately.

I agree with Adams or Madson, although I doubt Madson comes back. Need to get it right picking out a reliever this year. Cant afford to blow games like the pen did this year.

vCash
    If the Phils were able to get Keppinger, Pagan, Adams, or even Joakim Soria....I would call that a successful offseason....They've addressed needs on this team....The OF would still be a question mark if it's left to Ruf, Pagan, and Brown....

I would like to see Rube even out this lineup LH vs RH batters....cause lefthanded pitching kills this team...

vCash
    Whoa whoa whoa.

Slow down guys. Where is this talk of Jeff Keppinger coming from? Have you guys even watched him play or do you just like that he's a semi-useful waiver wire pickup in fantasy?

Here's the short scouting report on Keppinger. He's a DH without power. He's a spray hitter without a defensive home. Those kind of guys play for second division teams, not the Phillies.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

vCash
    I wouldnt mind hamilton but dont think its going to happen.

vCash
    this team needs a big bat in the lineup, for all you guys who think role players like pagan and keppinger is enough on the offensive side must not have watched the phillies the last 3 years. Im not sayin Hamilton is the answer (however i would love to see him in philadelphia just like i wanted Aramis Ramierez last offseason) But we need another impact bat in the lineup

vCash
    this team needs to realize you can win a world series without having superstars at every position...this team needs to realize we have an old team and with age comes decline and Injuries and another contract like Hamilton would be moronic. How about we give the kids a chance and see what they got instead of being in salary hell with guys that are no longer top 10 in at their position. I love that we spend but we need to spend wisely and realize this team has multiple holes....1 player who takes up 25 million in salary will lead to another bad contract and our inability to fill out the rest of the team.

I wouldnt even want Hamilton at 3 years if he was getting 25 per... Upton+ Bullpen+3rd basemen/filler is far more important.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    but the op guarantees it?

serioously, I like Hamilton but not at what he will likely get...you guys hate Howard's contract, this one will be worse...

vCash
    Let's get younger.

- Sign BJ Upton, 5 years, 13 mil per.
    - Try to trade the farm for Chase Headley.
    - Sign a BP piece, most realistically, Mike Adams
    - See if the Astros bite on taking Howard to DH with us paying 7 mil a year.
    - Throw money at Laroche...if it doesn't work...put Ruf at 1st.

Total pipe dream, but based on the inital post, I figured the theme of this thread was to be as unrealistic as possible.

vCash
    I don't trust LaRoche fwiw.

vCash
    Yeah, I'm not enamored with Laroche, either. It would certainly be buying high on the guy, but by blowing up at age 32, I feel like he could be had for 3 years. I don't think anyone is going to make a 5 year commitment to him, but who knows. Considering the pop we would add via Upton and Headley, I wouldn't mind adding a considerable defensive upgrade at 1st that will more than likely hit anywhere from 260-280 with 20-30 HRs.

Of course, all theoretical.

vCash
    I also don't see the Astros being overly excited about Howard. He's a win now player and they're far from doing any winning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa.

Slow down guys. Where is this talk of Jeff Keppinger coming from? Have you guys even watched him play or do you just like that he's a semi-useful waiver wire pickup in fantasy?

Here's the short scouting report on Keppinger. He's a DH without power. He's a spray hitter without a defensive home. Those kind of guys play for second division teams, not the Phillies.
    Before I say why I'd want Keppinger, this hinges on them signing some power from the right side (example: Upton)

He hits lefties and doesnt strike out. Can play 2nd, 3rd, and SS (and im pretty sure he played a few at 1B last year). I've seen him play a bunch. He isnt the most fluid guy in the world, but his fundamentals are good. He isnt going to win any gold gloves, but I can't see how he wouldn't add to this team especially since they dont have many players that can play situational and move runners.

vCash
    The middle infield is well outside of Keppinger's defensive abilities. In addition to watching a fair number of Rays games last year, I've talked to a scout about him and read a few reliable reports as well. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who thinks he's passable at 2B let alone SS.

Obviously, we don't NEED someone for MI work. Galvis can/should probably handle that. But reports on his 3B work are pretty dismal too.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast