Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    vCash
    precisely why adding Hamilton simply doesn't make sense for this team.

i mean he's a top player in the league, and as a manager if you're given top players you are supposed to find a way to make it work.

just given past history with this team and how particular guys on this team are with where they bat in the lineup.....idk maybe it would change if they brought in Hamilton but as of right now i can't see it.

vCash
    I haven't heard anything on Nick Swisher. I'm not sure why the Phils aren't kicking the tires here. Switch hitter with a better than average bat. Am I wrong to think he's an option? Possibly even better than Hamilton (for this line-up, not as a player).

vCash
    Rumors had it that Swisher was looking for a Werth-type contract.

It's not that teams aren't interested... they're just not interested at that price. Everyone seems to be waiting out the market.
    Long Drive: A Phillies Blog

@LineyPLD on Twitter

Member:
    Phillies PSD Hall Of Fame, Class of 2009
    Eagles PSD Hall Of Fame, Inaugural Class of 2009
    Sixers PSD Hall Of Fame, Class of 2010

vCash
    Source: #Angels, Hamilton in agreement. Five-year deal, as first reported by @jonmorosi.
    via ken rosenthal

Last edited by No Fun League; 12-13-2012 at 02:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liney3506 View Post
    Rumors had it that Swisher was looking for a Werth-type contract.

It's not that teams aren't interested... they're just not interested at that price. Everyone seems to be waiting out the market.
    interesting point that gelb raised in his article about ichiro. that the phillies really do not want to give up that 16th pick in the draft. their highest since 2001. and that it is an important consideration when evaluating a hamilton (past tense) and swisher deal.

i don't understand what he was talking about with respect to giving up the signing bonus money for that pick. maybe someone can explain that.

vCash
    so this thread is now dea...even though it really was from the start...continue thoughts in offseason thread
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516