Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    vCash
    A buddy of mine just said that Josh Hamilton was spotted at the Newark airport. Has anyone heard anything about this? Any idea if it's true?

vCash
    my uncle is a toll collector on the pa turnpike. just collected a toll from a limo entering pa from nj. this is happening! this is happening!

vCash
    I feel like I would make the lineup like this:

Revere
    Utley
    Young
    Howard
    Hamilton
    Rollins
    Chooch
    Ruf/Brown

Breaks up the lefties a little with Young at the 3 and Rollins being a switch hitter after Howard and Hamilton. I honestly hope we sign him, Adams and Jurrigens, and call it an offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    my uncle is a toll collector on the pa turnpike. just collected a toll from a limo entering pa from nj. this is happening! this is happening!
    A lot of people ride in limo's

vCash
    If we got Hamilton there's no doubt in my mind that he would be our 3 hitter.

Revere (L)
    Rollins (S)
    Hamilton (L)
    Howard (L)
    Young (R)
    Utley (L)
    Ruiz (R)
    Brown (L)

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

vCash
    theres no report of this on MLBTR....its not the end all be all but its pretty reliable...But if true and we could get him for 3 years, albeit a high AAV, that would be great! Hate to be a Debbie downer but I think this is bogus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djmar View Post
    theres no report of this on MLBTR....its not the end all be all but its pretty reliable...But if true and we could get him for 3 years, albeit a high AAV, that would be great! Hate to be a Debbie downer but I think this is bogus.
    The only place I saw this originally posted was Barstool Sports, later on WIP I heard Gargano say it, but he did not sound confident in his statement. I highly doubt it is true

Bring on our 3rd WS ring, our first Super Bowl win, 4th NBA Championship, and 3rd Stanley Cup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba17 View Post
    I feel like I would make the lineup like this:

Revere
    Utley
    Young
    Howard
    Hamilton
    Rollins
    Chooch
    Ruf/Brown

Breaks up the lefties a little with Young at the 3 and Rollins being a switch hitter after Howard and Hamilton. I honestly hope we sign him, Adams and Jurrigens, and call it an offseason.
    Hamilton instantly becomes our best hitter. No way you bat him 5th. He has to go 3 or 4. Howard has to move to 5 or lower in the order. Also, hell no to JJ. Horrible gb% and he's just bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillzfan1126 View Post
    The only place I saw this originally posted was Barstool Sports, later on WIP I heard Gargano say it, but he did not sound confident in his statement. I highly doubt it is true
    This is a bunch of hogwash.

vCash
    it has to be true. why would someone just make some **** up? that would be sick.

vCash
    it has to be true. why would someone just make some **** up? that would be sick.
    Yea you're right...sports rumors...that would be silly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeman0000 View Post
    Revere
    Utley
    Rollins
    Howard
    Hamilton
    Young
    Ruiz
    Ruf/Brown.

Sure, I'll take that.
    The problem I see with this lineup is that Rollins has struggled against lefties the past 2 seasons and the rest of the top 5 are all lefties. I think one of Ruiz or Young must bat in the top 5 because every team will use lefty relievers against the top of our lineup and then switch to righty for Young and Ruiz. We must have better balance even if it slightly weakens our lineup.

vCash
    Toll Booth Confessions...

vCash
    Ateam, batting order if we sign Hamilton?

vCash
    That's pretty hard actually...

Utley
    Rollins
    Hamilton
    Ruiz
    Howard
    Young
    Brown/Ruf/Mayberry
    Revere
    P

I know that we're not actually going to leadoff Utley. And I also don't know how to construct a lineup without Utley leading off.

Hamilton and Howard HAVE to be split up. They both have the exact same weakness to low and away sliders from lefties. Whether it's Ruiz, Young, Ruf, or Rollins, a righty needs to bat between them.

fwiw, I'm close to certain the rumor is ********.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast