Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Corey also told me about Ben McLemore, he's sick. Would definitely help with three point shooting.

vCash
    Ben McLemore seems pretty good, but Smart seems a bit inefficient. It might just be because he had a few bad games, like sub .25 FG%, with some near bad games, several right around 33%, and a few good games, all in a small sample size. What is encouraging is that he has always had more points than shot attempts, even when shooting 1-6. Dude is aggressive and gets to the line. Never seen either of them so I have no idea what they're about.

Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    Nope Val shot better from the FT line, that cancels out all other stats.
    Toronto fan on why JVal is better than Drummond.

vCash
    I would like a true PG like Burke. Any idea where he is projecting out to ?
    Max Scherzer season stats

blue eyes - 1

brown eyes - 1

wins

losses

KOs

BB

WHIP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lionsfanphil View Post
    I would like a true PG like Burke. Any idea where he is projecting out to ?
    right now probably early 20s but if he keeps up his play he might jump into the teens.

vCash
    CBSsports has Burke #39
    NBADraft.net has him #24

Hard to say at this point, maybe we could get him in the 2nd

vCash
    Article from CBS sports talking about how weak this draft is.
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...luck-with-that

vCash
    every year if theres no one named lebron james in the draft, they say its weak, the last like 3 drafts were weak apparently

vCash
    He puts up numbers and is averaging 16 points and 5.6 rebounds, but he's a mediocre perimeter shooter and not an exceptional athlete

L!OL
    not an exceptional athelet, this is talking about bazz.

vCash
    Burke will finish in the lottery. Book it

vCash

2013 Pistons Draft Thread

Muhammad would be a great pickup. Obviously would need a top 3 pick for him. Perhaps the pistons get lucky this year.

(Nicholas Grunas photo)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    Burke will finish in the lottery. Book it
    Sophomore point guard Trey Burke of the undefeated and third-ranked Michigan Wolverines is off to a tremendous start again this season and the more I watch him the more he reminds me in many ways of Chris Paul of the Los Angeles Clippers.

Burke, the No. 84 overall recruit in the Class of 2011, was a great scoring point guard for Satch Sullinger at Northland (Ohio) High School and for the All Ohio AAU Program. Burke also excelled off the ball because of his ability to score in a variety of ways.

But his point guard skills and feel for the game have reached an elite level since he started running the show for the Wolverines. Burke leads 8-0 Michigan in scoring (17.0 ppg) and assists (7.1) and has only 19 turnovers in 269 minutes of play.

Paul and Burke are both very smooth and efficient point guards that get teammates involved and have a great feel and excellent basketball IQ. Both are composed under pressure and attack under control, resulting in a high level of consistent production. They both take care of the ball and when they gamble, they usually come out ahead and make the defense pay. Defensively, they are both solid on and off the ball. They are alert and will slide over in help and take a momentum changing charge.

Let's take a look at the point guard tale of the tape between Paul and Burke:

Height/Weight: Paul is 6-foot/175, while Burke is 6-foot/190. Both are very similar athletically in terms of bounce and lateral foot speed and quickness.

Leadership: Paul is a great court communicator; there is no doubt who is in charge of the team when he is on the floor. Burke has become more vocal with teammates when I watch him in the huddle and after setting up a teammate. He leads more by example now so this is probably the category with the most difference, but his on-court communication has improved and will continue to do so as he matures and grows as a player. Even now, there is no doubt who has the other four players' undivided attention when Burke is running the show for the Wolverines.

Handle: Paul and Burke both have the ball on a string and can get to their sweet spot through contact. They push the pace on the break, probing the defense looking to make a play. They both run the offense to perfection and make the right decision in end-of-the-clock situations. They both attack with their head and eyes up surveying the floor and are great at keeping their dribble alive. Both can break intense ball pressure, change speeds and directions on a dime. Both can turn a broken play into a great play with their ballhandling escapability. Both can beat most single defenders off the bounce to score or get a teammate the ball in position to score at will.

Passing: Dropping dimes is an asset of both Paul and Burke. They get teammates involved and their passes result in scores because their passes are on time and on target whether on the break, within the offense or when the shot clock is running down. They also can deliver the ball with flare and get the crowd to their feet with a look away or drop-off pass for a dunk in heavy traffic.

Scoring and shooting: Both Paul and Burke are crafty finishers deep in the lane. This includes great floaters with touch and body control, mid-range jumpers off the catch or dribble and open 3s. Both are capable of big numbers when they want or when the team needs their scoring. Both are great at picking their spots and knowing when it is time to take over the game.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...-of-chris-paul

I want him and will be on the bandwagon the whole way.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Wow talk about hefty praise. This is gonna be really tricky for Detroit because I doubt Burke rises to the point of being considered top 5, and even if so, that pretty much means we're either giving up on Knight or moving him to 2 guard, leaving us severely undersized in the backcourt. Best hope is his stock somehow levels off or drops, letting us get him in the 2nd round, or maybe we'll somehow trade the vets for a late 1st rounder (not likely but who knows), and can take him for "depth".

vCash
    We should have a better understanding of where we sit with Knight at the end of the season if he doesnt show some improvement than sign or draft a point and let Knight earn his minutes back off the bench but signing Burke does seem intriguing.

vCash
    say knight is a faultering specimen, im down with making a move for jose calderon and bringin in shabazz muhammed, Lob city detroit

jose
    shabazz
    prince
    moose
    drum

this is depending on our 2 guard/ sf situation tho

vCash
    I see some of you liking Burke...I think he's one of the top PGs if he declares without question. But what about Glenn Robinson, I think he has some great potential as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast