39 50.65%
  • 8-1 (Texans)

12 15.58%
  • 39 50.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 55 of 192 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    I think in a ZBS, Forte could be pretty solid in short yardage situations. Forte's strength is his vision. When we have longer developing trap plays, we see some of our best success with Forte. If we had a ZBS where the line took what the D gave them, and Forte was allowed to make that read, I think he'd be much more successful.

Considering we have Bush, I'm fine with a power approach in short yardage - we have the personnel to do it. But, Forte's built for a ZBS, and I'd bet that we'd see much more success from him in short yardage situations in such a scheme.
    See, everyone says that, but we have no idea if that's even remotely true. It's certainly possible, but it's still a complete guess whether anyone wants to admit it or not.

Furthermore, a ZBS really wouldn't help him in short yardage. It's just a weakness of his, period. Everyone uses the ZBS to basically excuse every flaw he has, he is a great, great, great running back. Probably top 5 in the league. But Foster is one of maybe 3 backs in the league that can legitimately do absolutely everything.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    See, everyone says that, but we have no idea if that's even remotely true. It's certainly possible, but it's still a complete guess whether anyone wants to admit it or not.

Furthermore, a ZBS really wouldn't help him in short yardage. It's just a weakness of his, period. Everyone uses the ZBS to basically excuse every flaw he has, he is a great, great, great running back. Probably top 5 in the league. But Foster is one of maybe 3 backs in the league that can legitimately do absolutely everything.
    Because Foster's in a scheme that fits his strengths.

Put Foster outside of the ZBS, and you're not going to see the same player.

Everybody says that because that's just what it is. We're probably never going to see Forte in a ZBS, and we probably won't see Foster out of a ZBS, so it's useless to continue to argue. But to ignore that certain schemes benefit a player more than others is to ignore how the game works.

vCash
    Debo...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    He's saying that the 29.5 points the Bears put up per game includes the 8 defensive TDs (or whatever it is now). You said 3rd in "scoring offense"
    Ok, I get it now... Makes sense, but our defense is another offense anyway

vCash
    Im pumped for this game. I've got a feeling Marshall and Cutler are going to carve up the Texans secondary. Also hoping that Jeffery can get back today.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDauaBHs81Y

Literally the greatest thing anyone has said on national TV?
    I actually kind of felt bad for him you can tell the guy has a screw or 20 loose and they're kind of dogging him. However that was incredibly ridiculous.

vCash

Everybody says that because that's just what it is. We're probably never going to see Forte in a ZBS, and we probably won't see Foster out of a ZBS, so it's useless to continue to argue. But to ignore that certain schemes benefit a player more than others is to ignore how the game works.
    Being one of the most elusive backs in football couldn't possibly have anything to do with his greatness, right? I'm not ignoring that certain systems benefit certain players, but when you have two players in two totally different systems that have never played in the other type of system, it's absurd to just automatically assume they will be more successful or less successful in a different one. It's literally impossible to know that.

vCash
    I was called an idiot for.thinking the bears could hold foster to under 100 yards rushing.

vCash

Being one of the most elusive backs in football couldn't possibly have anything to do with his greatness, right? I'm not ignoring that certain systems benefit certain players, but when you have two players in two totally different systems that have never played in the other type of system, it's absurd to just automatically assume they will be more successful or less successful in a different one. It's literally impossible to know that.
    My only knock on Foster and its completely opinionated is that the Texans have plugged other backs in their system and they looked like top 10 backs.

Slaton and Tate come to mind immediately.

However Fpster is a great back I agree but, much like the Broncos I think they can produce good backs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    My only knock on Foster and its completely opinionated is that the Texans have plugged other backs in their system and they looked like top 10 backs.

Slaton and Tate come to mind immediately.

However Fpster is a great back I agree but, much like the Broncos I think they can produce good backs.
    Last year the guys we threw out there did too. When Forte went down Bell stepped in and looked like a bad ***. After Forte went down he averaged 4.62 yards per attempt.

And Slaton last played on that team in 2010 when he had 19 attempts. That's hardly anything worth noting. And in 09 when he had 131 attempts he averaged 3.3Y/A. The last time he was relevant was 08. And that was pretty well before Foster emerged as a dominating player. And while Tate had a nice year last year, he's only at 4.1Y/A this year.

It's not nearly enough for me to take credit away from Foster. Certainly not anymore than Bell's play last year takes away from Forte. And again, a big part of Foster's value is his ability to take on a massive workload, be durable and take care of business in short yardage.

This year, for example, 17 attempts on 3rd/4th and 2 or less to go and he's averaging 3.8 per attempt. Last year he had 22 attempts and 5.2 yards per attempt. And in 2010 he averaged 5.4Y/A on 23 attempts.

Forte's career in those situations:

56 attempts and 85 yards.
    Last edited by Doogolas; 11-11-2012 at 10:41 AM.

vCash
    Sounds like tonight is going to be a wet one. A great opportunity for more Ball Punches.

vCash
    Well looks like it's gonna rain and maybe even snow for this game; should make this game even more fun.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    Well looks like it's gonna rain and maybe even snow for this game; should make this game even more fun.
    Remember last time it snowed?

vCash
    Patriots debacle, right?

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas:24272415
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    Don't compare Schaub to Brady.