Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Really wasnt here to say anything bad just thought the article hit the nail on the head. Just because he is the QB of the team for the rest of the season doesnt mean honest opinions from other sources cant be brought to this forum.

Can you really disagree with what was said in it?

vCash
    Christian Ponder - QB - Vikings
    Nov 11 - 4:16 PM

Christian Ponder completed 24-of-32 passes for 221 yards and two touchdowns as the Vikings defeated the Lions in Week 10.

He tacked on 15 yards with seven scrambles. Although assisted by Detroit's understandable decision to keep eight defenders in the box throughout, it was a promising effort for Ponder without his top receiver (Percy Harvin) due to an ankle sprain. Ponder was efficient and avoided turnovers, and turned to Jarius Wright and Kyle Rudolph for big plays. Ponder has ample talent to turn his season around and settle in as a quality fantasy QB2 for the stretch run. The Vikings now go on a Week 11 bye, and Harvin should return thereafter.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

vCash
    Judd Zulgad @1500ESPNJudd 1h
    Christian Ponder: "I want to thank my girlfriend because obviously she has such a big impact on how I play. So, thank you."
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    8 Tackles, 2 INTs, 18.5 Passer Rating

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    He got laid!

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post

vCash
    Christian Ponder is back and all is forgiven
    By Tom Powers
    11/11/2012 06:39:12 PM CST

If Christian Ponder keeps playing this way, he could even date a Kardashian and no one would care.

"I want to thank my girlfriend because obviously she has such a big impact on how I play, which allowed me to win. So thank you," a grinning Christian Ponder said.

Yes, well, Ponder has been catching hell via social media for his poor play over the last several weeks. Many Vikings followers made a connection between Ponder's recent woes and the revelation that he has been dating ESPN personality Samantha Steele. Apparently, if he had been keeping company with some frump from Anoka, he would have been throwing the ball a lot better.

But against the Detroit Lions, Ponder -- or Mr. Steele, as some of his wisecracking teammates call him -- appeared to be back to early-season form in the Vikings' 34-24 victory. A week's worth of work went into getting him to that point.

Walking into the Metrodome before the game, it appeared that many of the cash customers were doing vocal exercises in the parking lot: "Do-Re-Me ... boooooo!" They were going to give it to Ponder, all right. The last two losses had been horrible and the inevitable clamoring for backup Joe Webb had begun in earnest.

When he ran onto the field for the first series, the lack of noise was almost eerie. It's as if everyone was staring at him, eyebrows cocked and thought balloons floating over their heads that read: "Just make one wrong move, buddy."

We all knew what would follow any sort of
    misstep. So did coach Leslie Frazier, who spent much of the week trying to diagram a play in which Ponder's first pass would result in a completion. It didn't matter if the pass went for 20 yards or three yards, but it had to result in a catch. You might say the Vikings had to take the home crowd out of it, at least as far as Ponder was concerned.

"We tried to come up with something we thought would guarantee us a completion to get him off to a fast start," Frazier explained. "And we had that open formation we used at the beginning of the game and we had that completion, I think it was to Jerome Felton. Good start for him, good start for our team."

On his first play from scrimmage, Ponder dropped back and looked for Kyle Rudolph downfield. When he didn't find him open, he flipped a shorty to Felton for five yards. All the potential leather lungs sat down and took another sip of beer. I shudder to think what might have happened had Ponder lofted the ball over Felton's head, something he's done routinely over the last couple of weeks.

Three Adrian Peterson runs later, Ponder dropped back and found Jarius Wright for 54 yards. Suddenly, all was right between Ponder and the fans and, I'd imagine, between Samantha Steele and the fans, who probably nudged each other and muttered, "Lovely girl."

Before it was over, with receivers running recalculated routes and the offense setting up in new formations, Ponder had competed 24 of 32 passes for 221 yards and two touchdowns. And no one would have cared if he were dating Typhoid Mary.

"Christian Ponder, just the way he played, he's kind of been in a funk the past couple of weeks, and coming back and really getting back on track, that helped us to be balanced on offense," Peterson noted appreciatively.

Vikings coaches added new wrinkles in an effort to get receivers open. They tweaked the pass protection, and they worked hard to keep Ponder in the pocket. Instead of taking off, he was instructed to step up and keep going through his checklist of receivers.

"I felt the way he practiced throughout the week, particularly on Friday, he was really on fire," Frazier said. "I told him, we were going from one drill to another and I said, 'You have to save some of this for Sunday now,' because he looked that good in practice on Friday. I knew he was really focused and locked in to having a good game on Sunday and, sure enough, he did."

Ponder knew a lot of people had been soured by his recent play.

"No one puts more pressure on me than myself," he said. "I get disappointed with the way I play and I know I can play better. No matter who writes what, it's not going to be as disappointing to read as what I say to myself. It doesn't bother me because it comes with the territory. The criticism is justified with the play on the field.

"I know I can play better and today was OK. There's still a ton of room to keep improving."

And I'd go so far as to say that his girlfriend now has the official approval of everyone in the cheap seats.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...s-back-and-all

vCash
    That a boy Ponder! Way to bounce back. Nice efficient game with a little bit of downfield throws. Not asking you take it over but manage the game which you did very well today.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Christian Ponder is back and all is forgiven

Apparently, if he had been keeping company with some frump from Anoka, he would have been throwing the ball a lot better.

By Tom Powers
    11/11/2012 06:39:12 PM CST
    lmfao! I know I was throwing better when I was frumpin' Anoka chicks.

vCash
    He looked like the Ponder of earlier this season, this was my first game this season and he looked way better than the last 3 weeks. Your still not off the hook but you beat the Bears and your right back in my good graces....You beat the Packers and I will never doubt you again.

vCash
    Did anyone else notice Ponder actually being allowed to audible and run a couple no huddle's. This is what we should be doing all season. Let Ponder use what he sees on film.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    Did anyone else notice Ponder actually being allowed to audible and run a couple no huddle's. This is what we should be doing all season. Let Ponder use what he sees on film.
    Yep, they let him loose this game. I'd seen him do it once or twice earlier in the season but there was at least once in this game where he really stepped up and took control in the pocket. There was another time he tried to and was sacked by somebody that Fusco let through.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    I hope the coaches continue it. This is the best thing for our team. I don't really care if it helps us this year, but it will definitely help us next year. Let Ponder experiment with some stuff. The guy is a very smart and knows the plays.

vCash
    Great game by Ponder! I said this last week they have to get him going early. Great team win today period!

vCash
    Jeez do I need to be the one with reason here?

I've been a huge basher of Ponder and I'm not going to just give it up because he had 1 good game.. Some of you need to take a step back.

He played alright. He didn't play great but he just played alright. The reason we won that game was because of Adrian Peterson. It helped that Ponder didn't make any errors which is what he needs to get back to doing but let me remind you all that this is still a QB with major issues. If he can play consistent then I don't see a problem with him being our guy but Ponder is FAR from consistent. He needs to beat the Bears at Soldier Field and have a good performance to show me that he's capable of winning on the road but don't expect that to happen. I expect we will see the same old skiddish Ponder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P Harvy View Post
    Jeez do I need to be the one with reason here?

I've been a huge basher of Ponder and I'm not going to just give it up because he had 1 good game.. Some of you need to take a step back.

He played alright. He didn't play great but he just played alright. The reason we won that game was because of Adrian Peterson. It helped that Ponder didn't make any errors which is what he needs to get back to doing but let me remind you all that this is still a QB with major issues. If he can play consistent then I don't see a problem with him being our guy but Ponder is FAR from consistent. He needs to beat the Bears at Soldier Field and have a good performance to show me that he's capable of winning on the road but don't expect that to happen. I expect we will see the same old skiddish Ponder.
    He didn't play amazing, just good...but he was defiantly the reason we won. AP only had 60 yards till the 4th...and after that he took over and there was no reason to have Ponder throwing.

There was a ton of pressure the whole game and Ponder was constantly under pressure and he made good reads and threw the ball with authority. We'd probably would of put up more points if not for a key drop by Burton in the redzone. Look I know we all want a clear answer on Ponder, but in year 2 we won't find one. Just keep letting him play, and he'll develop. Look at his jump from last year to this year; better comp %, not as stupid with the football (but still pretty stupid), better arm strength, more of a team leader..he will keep adding things for next year that he will work in the offseason to improve on. We have to be patient.
    Last edited by TearsOfPurple; 11-12-2012 at 02:29 AM.
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    8 Tackles, 2 INTs, 18.5 Passer Rating

Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast