Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P Harvy View Post
    What do we really have to lose in literally calling up Musgrave right this second and tell him to start packing his bags? Nothing.

But we all know there's too many questions that don't have answers.
    That might be a little harder. We really don't have anyone to replace him with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    That might be a little harder. We really don't have anyone to replace him with.
    Who cares at this point right? Lets just play pick up and have the receivers run flys every play.

vCash
    Who cares at this point right? Lets just play pick up and have the receivers run flys every play.
    Nope, maybe lets emphasize the no huddle offense (you know when he was making all sorts of calls and decisions on his own) that Ponder used successfully in earlier games. Its not sound to think that Ponder can just run the whole team offensively and draw out plays for everyone in the dirt, but it is true that he looked a bit better in the no huddle.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Nope, maybe lets emphasize the no huddle offense (you know when he was making all sorts of calls and decisions on his own) that Ponder used successfully in earlier games. Its not sound to think that Ponder can just run the whole team offensively and draw out plays for everyone in the dirt, but it is true that he looked a bit better in the no huddle.
    Cheesefree I want your honest opinion. How many more games of this can you take? Really though? I understand he needs to be our QB the rest of the season and deserves a chance to prove everyone wrong but honestly when do you draw the line?

**** I saw better play out of Sage Rosenfels when he was our QB

vCash
    We can't do anything for the rest of the season, I homered Ponder up this offseason but for serious he is looking like Tarvaris Jackson out there.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ellesmeire View Post
    We can't do anything for the rest of the season, I homered Ponder up this offseason but for serious he is looking like Tarvaris Jackson out there.
    Don't disrespect Tavaris like that! LOL

vCash
    Cheesefree I want your honest opinion. How many more games of this can you take? Really though? I understand he needs to be our QB the rest of the season and deserves a chance to prove everyone wrong but honestly when do you draw the line?

**** I saw better play out of Sage Rosenfels when he was our QB
    If this keeps up he won't be starting for much longer I will admit that much, but its naive to think that its all going to go away as soon as someone other than Ponder is starting. Speaking of Sage, he should still be on our roster. I think that his presence on the sideline, talking with Ponder and all of the coaches would be beneficial, plus the way he was playing this pre-season its very easy for me to say that he's a better backup QB than Webb.

I would feel better about benching Ponder IF we had a credible backup QB ready to take his place. Obviously there are a few differences in who he's playing against and not using the real playbook, but in the pre-season Sage demonstrated that he COULD move the 2nd and 3rd string offense down the field against a 2nd and 3rd string opposing D. This might not be a lot to brag about, however Webb was aptly able to demonstrate the he WAS NOT capable of doing the same thing. The biggest thing I saw from Sage this year (something that I really wish he had of been able to impart on Ponder) was GOOD decision making, the ability to read and dissect a defense and attack its weak points.

I think right now if we had the Sage Rosenfels playing the way he was in the pre-season on our roster right now, he probably would give us a better chance to win than Ponder.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    If this keeps up he won't be starting for much longer I will admit that much, but its naive to think that its all going to go away as soon as someone other than Ponder is starting. Speaking of Sage, he should still be on our roster. I think that his presence on the sideline, talking with Ponder and all of the coaches would be beneficial, plus the way he was playing this pre-season its very easy for me to say that he's a better backup QB than Webb.

I would feel better about benching Ponder IF we had a credible backup QB ready to take his place. Obviously there are a few differences in who he's playing against and not using the real playbook, but in the pre-season Sage demonstrated that he COULD move the 2nd and 3rd string offense down the field against a 2nd and 3rd string opposing D. This might not be a lot to brag about, however Webb was aptly able to demonstrate the he WAS NOT capable of doing the same thing. The biggest thing I saw from Sage this year (something that I really wish he had of been able to impart on Ponder) was GOOD decision making, the ability to read and dissect a defense and attack its weak points.

I think right now if we had the Sage Rosenfels playing the way he was in the pre-season on our roster right now, he probably would give us a better chance to win than Ponder.
    I'm with you right there. A lot of people want to see Webb and I'm just sitting there going theres no way. If we had a better back up option then we would need to explore that option but honestly we have one of the worst QB situations in the league. In terms of starting QB play and who could come in behind him.

vCash
    Ponder, Webb and MBT? If there is a worse QB situation out there someone please let me know.

vCash
    Don't disrespect Tavaris like that! LOL
    Tarvaris Jackson had literally twice as much time to develop into a better QB. Obviously Ponder has started more games than T-Jack and has not been benched. If Ponder makes it through next year's training camp as the starting QB, comes out and plays like crap he should be sent to ride the pine just like T-Jack, however at that point we should no longer include him in our long term plans, weather we have Brett Favre playing for us or not.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    I'm with you right there. A lot of people want to see Webb and I'm just sitting there going theres no way. If we had a better back up option then we would need to explore that option but honestly we have one of the worst QB situations in the league. In terms of starting QB play and who could come in behind him.
    I used to really like Webb in 2010. I didn't want us to draft a QB because I thought because of the upside he had, I'd rather see us take a stop-gap veteran and try to develop Webb through 2011 and 2012. If he wasn't ready to start then well it was about time to blow the team up anyways.

Since then, even after he had his 2 or so games in 2011 that he played well in, he's been a disappointment. I remember how at the end of last year everyone wanted Webb to start and said that he should be challenging Ponder for the starting job. Well he went into this year and promptly **** the bed and hadn't improved one bit since 2010. If the light switch came on Webb would be bigger than RG3, however that's not likely to happen.

MBT compounds things too, because yeah I can understand seeing that there could be some promise in this kid, but for now he does absolutely nothing for this team that he can't do on the PS.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Tarvaris Jackson had literally twice as much time to develop into a better QB. Obviously Ponder has started more games than T-Jack and has not been benched. If Ponder makes it through next year's training camp as the starting QB, comes out and plays like crap he should be sent to ride the pine just like T-Jack, however at that point we should no longer include him in our long term plans, weather we have Brett Favre playing for us or not.
    Haha I was simply making a joke that comparing Ponder to Tjack was disrespectful. We both know Tjack was terrible.

vCash
    I used to really like Webb in 2010. I didn't want us to draft a QB because I thought because of the upside he had, I'd rather see us take a stop-gap veteran and try to develop Webb through 2011 and 2012. If he wasn't ready to start then well it was about time to blow the team up anyways.

Since then, even after he had his 2 or so games in 2011 that he played well in, he's been a disappointment. I remember how at the end of last year everyone wanted Webb to start and said that he should be challenging Ponder for the starting job. Well he went into this year and promptly **** the bed and hadn't improved one bit since 2010. If the light switch came on Webb would be bigger than RG3, however that's not likely to happen.

MBT compounds things too, because yeah I can understand seeing that there could be some promise in this kid, but for now he does absolutely nothing for this team that he can't do on the PS.
    Yeah I think MBT and Webb are both 3rd string caliber QBs. Someone had mention Matt Moore in a thread. I don't know if it was this one or a different one but either way thats a solid back up QB that would be able to challenge Ponder for the starting job and potentially have some success. Those type of back up QBs who are very serviceable and someone who could take over the starting job is the guy we need.

vCash
    He is playing like crap is my main point. Either way there can be no full 100% commitment if we end the year at 5-11, which guys is a very possible scenario. At that point though we still likely won't be able to draft Barkley, Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson. If he shows nothing the rest of the year I am done with him, sorry but this beyond pathetic.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    TJacks first 19 starts and Ponder's are almost identically. So not so fast speed racer.

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast