Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Christian Ponder - QB - Vikings
    Dec 18 - 7:43 PM

A high-ranking Vikings source tells NFL Network's Ian Rapoport he still believes Christian Ponder is the "quarterback of the future" in Minnesota.

The Vikings realize they're doing Ponder no favors by calling the games with the understanding that Adrian Peterson is the offense. While it's obviously the best recipe for a wild card berth, it's not helping Ponder's development by limiting him to passes within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. Ponder has certainly regressed since a promising start to the season, but not to the point where GM Rick Spielman is willing to throw in the towel on the 12th overall pick in the 2011 draft. The Vikings would be wise to bring in a reliable veteran to push Ponder and function as a capable backup.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ayer-news?rw=1

vCash
    I could care less right now about doing Ponder any favors. Any QB that comes here has to understand that this is AP's team and all your job is, is to hand it to him or complete the occasional pass to keep drives going.

vCash
    Well then people should stop *****ing and moaning about Ponder not throwing for 300 yards and not throwing over 10 yards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    Well then people should stop *****ing and moaning about Ponder not throwing for 300 yards and not throwing over 10 yards.
    I have not been saying he needs to throw for 300 yards. Nor have I have been complaining about he doesn't throw for over ten yards. My only problem with Ponder is his accuracy (which was supposed to be his strong suit) and the decision making. It was fairly decent last game. Hopefully he can build off that.

vCash
    That wasn't at all directed towards you. It just amazes me how people say we just have to keep feeding the ball to Peterson and then when we look at the stats at the end of the game Ponder only had like 130 yards and people criticize him. Also when people says Ponder just can't turn it over but then say he should have thrown it into the tight window.

vCash
    That wasn't at all directed towards you. It just amazes me how people say we just have to keep feeding the ball to Peterson and then when we look at the stats at the end of the game Ponder only had like 130 yards and people criticize him. Also when people says Ponder just can't turn it over but then say he should have thrown it into the tight window.
    That is a true story. For the most part I haven't complained to much about Ponder, it's obvious he has no help at wideout. But some of his decisions are rediculous. I am not sure he is the answer long term, but I am not sure he isn't either. Some times he makes a throw that shows a glimpse of what he can be. I hope he learns from this season and builds off of it and comes back strong.

vCash
    I don't think anyone can really say for sure right now whether he will or won't but he has shown some good signs. I think we just need to give him some weapons on the outside along with a new guard. And even bring in a vet backup to help him learn and to compete with him.

vCash
    I don't think anyone can really say for sure right now whether he will or won't but he has shown some good signs. I think we just need to give him some weapons on the outside along with a new guard. And even bring in a vet backup to help him learn and to compete with him.
    Small world in these times of easy access social media. Sometimes you wonder about the person behind the comments and realize hey that person could be associated, friends with, maybe even kin to the same person you criticize, judge, and alot of times make fun of. Thats gotta hurt if that is the case...having said that c'mon Sota4Ever are you secretly Ponders mom hey we're fans here be honest.

vCash
    Actually Ponder is my neighbors husbands fifth cousin twice removed...

vCash
    Christian Ponder gets married
    Two Sundays ago, before the Vikings beat the Bears to climb back over .500, FOXís Jimmy Johnson called Christian Ponder the worst quarterback in the league.

ďMaybe his wife can teach him to throw,Ē Johnson said.

At the time, Johnson was technically incorrect; Ponder had not married ESPN sideline reporter Samantha Steele. If Johnson had waited eight days, he would have been right.

Ponder and Steele were married on Monday, according to the Eau Claire Leader-Telegram.

Itís the latest step in a whirlwind romance that began during the 2012 football season, with both Ponder and Steele spending plenty of time working but apparently enough time to decide that they each had found ďthe one.Ē

Though itís unclear whether Ponder would be playing any better (or worse) if he hadnít spent a large chunk of the season pursuing a fairly important off-field life objective since he hadnít previously played enough for anyone to conclude whether he is or isnít a good NFL quarterback, we can only imagine the storm of criticism that would have been directed to, say, Tony Romo if heíd done something similar.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-gets-married/

Well s*&%, that was pretty fast.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Christian Ponder gets married

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-gets-married/

Well s*&%, that was pretty fast.
    Not a huge deal to me but I feel like that's something that could have waited a couple of months or weeks until the offseason. You need to focus when you are in the final weeks of the season in a playoff push and are a supposed leader on your team. The fact that they drove to Wisconsin to do it doesn't help. Again, I don't have a huge problem with it, it's not ideal, but I see some people blowing this up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    This is what you said:

Last I checked the members of the Vikings front office are citizens of this country and should be grouped into that statement. Maybe you should read your post nice and slow several times.
    Thank you, I wish I had as much time as some of you to proof read every post on here. And correct the mistakes.
    Anyway I have a life to live, and I'm due back on earth so I'll talk to ya later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iowavike View Post
    Thank you, I wish I had as much time as some of you to proof read every post on here. And correct the mistakes.
    Anyway I have a life to live, and I'm due back on earth so I'll talk to ya later.
    Nice back handed insult. You are pretty good at that. I wasn't aware taking two minutes out of my day to read a post meant I have no life. I guess I am learning new things everyday. Perhaps you could actually read what you post and you wouldn't be putting you foot in your mouth.

vCash
    Yeah I wouldn't worry about football either with Steele waiting for me at home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Nice back handed insult. You are pretty good at that. I wasn't aware taking two minutes out of my day to read a post meant I have no life. I guess I am learning new things everyday. Perhaps you could actually read what you post and you wouldn't be putting you foot in your mouth.
    PONDER FOR MVP ! There does that make you happy. Now leave me alone.

Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast