Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iowavike View Post
    Sorry didn't see where the name Jenkins is in my post. But whats new?
    Outside of the few of you backing Ponder til the very end, on this forum. There's absolutely no one in this country or Canada that thinks Ponder's anything but a joke anymore.
    Well the Pack and Bears would be the only others that want Ponder to be the Vikes QB for the next 15 years.
    Last year it was, just wait til next year. With a full training camp. New LT. and a free agent WR. Ponder will be great. As Sarah Palin would say (hows that working out for ya ?)
    Now it's Oh wait til his 3rd. season he should be really good next year.
    Please keep posting guys. I need the good laughs.
    Ooooh, burn!

Its working out pretty well, we are 7-6 and in the middle of the playoff hunt, a far cry from last year.

You keep posting too, it makes me feel good knowing that a closed-minded and negative person such as yourself lives so far from me. And keep complaining about how bad of a job Ponder is doing too, I think its starting to finally have some positive results. Have a good day sweet'ums
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    The Vikings organization obviously doesn't consider him a joke and they have more knowledge of situation then you or any of those "Canadians". He will be starting for the rest of the season and most likely all of next year. You have the right to keep complaining and crying about it but that wont change the fact that he is our best option.
    I agree he is our best option for now. But right now our best option is handcuffing our team. we need to bring in some legitimate competition for the starting QB job next season and if Ponder sucks we need to do what is necessery.

props to VCU for the sig!

vCash
    If Ponder still sucks next year then yes, by all means find a replacement. But just give the kid a chance, thats all I'm saying.

vCash
    Think folks need to realize fans come to this site to vent just like they support. And its hard to find things to like about Ponder right now.

vCash
    The Vikings organization obviously doesn't consider him a joke and they have more knowledge of situation then you or any of those "Canadians". He will be starting for the rest of the season and most likely all of next year. You have the right to keep complaining and crying about it but that wont change the fact that he is our best option.
    PLEASE READ MY POST NICE AND SLOW SEVERAL TIMES IF NEED BE.
    I never said the Vikings consider Ponder a joke.
    Of course the Vikings don't consider him a joke. They drafted him and are giving him $10,000,000 . I'm sure some of them are having buyers remorse.
    About the negitive Ponder statements. Don't take my word for it. Listen or watch any sports media.
    Don't get mad at me for Ponder's short comings.
    The worse he does the more pi#### off you get at us.

vCash
    I don't know if Ponder is our future QB or not but year 3 if he shows no improvement then yes it will be time to move on. I like what I've seen from him but lets get a little more talent on the outside first. A few things need to be fixed and he needs to get his confidence back up.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    It's crazy what a young QB can do to a fan base, lol. Everyone has their opinions so let's try not to take everything to personal around here.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    Think folks need to realize fans come to this site to vent just like they support. And its hard to find things to like about Ponder right now.
    I quess the Ponder man crushers never heard of the 1st. amendment. Freedom of speech.
    What did Ponder do to help us beat the Bears anyway?
    I think we won most of those 7 games inspite of him. Not because of him.

vCash
    I quess the Ponder man crushers never heard of the 1st. amendment. Freedom of speech.
    What did Ponder do to help us beat the Bears anyway?
    I think we won most of those 7 games inspite of him. Not because of him.
    Your demeaning attitude makes it very hard to take you seriously.

But hey his games dont count vs the Jags comeback (aka clutch as it gets), 49ers, he'll even the Washington and Colts game he put us in position to win but our defense choked.
    Last edited by TearsOfPurple; 12-13-2012 at 03:26 PM.

vCash
    Of course the Vikings don't consider him a joke. They drafted him and are giving him $10,000,000 . I'm sure some of them are having buyers remorse.
    About the negitive Ponder statements. Don't take my word for it. Listen or watch any sports media.
    Do you seriously take into consideration what the media says? I mean come on, these are the same people who one week are saying "Tony Romo will lead the Cowboys to a championship" when he plays well and when he sucks the headlines read "Romo needs benched!". Of course the media is going to be hitting on Ponder when he is playing bad. The media is always looking for somebody to praise and for somebody to hate. When Ponder was playing well early in the season he was getting all kinds of praise and attention on ESPN and CBS. The media sucks, ignore them.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash

vCash
    This is what you said:

Outside of the few of you backing Ponder til the very end, on this forum. There's absolutely no one in this country or Canada that thinks Ponder's anything but a joke anymore.
    Last I checked the members of the Vikings front office are citizens of this country and should be grouped into that statement. Maybe you should read your post nice and slow several times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo30 View Post
    I agree he is our best option for now. But right now our best option is handcuffing our team. we need to bring in some legitimate competition for the starting QB job next season and if Ponder sucks we need to do what is necessery.
    No argument here. I agree with everything you said.

vCash
    This is what you said:

Last I checked the members of the Vikings front office are citizens of this country and should be grouped into that statement. Maybe you should read your post nice and slow several times.

Looks like pretty solid evidence. And @Iowa, I don't think any of us are mad at you for not supporting our starting QB, we all realize that we are just stating our opinions. Could we be wrong about Ponder having a future in this league? Absolutely. Could you guys be wrong too? Absolutely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    Looks like pretty solid evidence. And @Iowa, I don't think any of us are mad at you for not supporting our starting QB, we all realize that we are just stating our opinions. Could we be wrong about Ponder having a future in this league? Absolutely. Could you guys be wrong too? Absolutely.
    It's not uncommon at all for young QBs to struggle and be inconsistent early in their careers. The way Ponder has played shouldn't exactly be surprising. The low passing #'s dont surprise me a whole lot as the Vikings have been game planning around Ponder and are trying to put as little pressure on the passing game as possible. The best examples of this are #4 against Detroit, week 7 against Arizona and last week against Chicago. The Vikings go up early and get a comfortable lead and then completely abandon the pass game and play it safe the rest of the way. Luckily that has worked out for us because our defense is playing great and Peterson is a freak of a nature.

I think as long as Ponder plays the way he did last week with safe throws and converting some key 3rd downs, we can win football games. I don't think it's that bad of an idea that we are taking the ball out of Ponder's hands because the guy has a little bit of a gun slinger mentality and tries to make plays but the fact the Vikings receivers are getting zero separation is just compounding the problems Ponder is having. At least when Percy was playing there was another weapon on the field for the defense to worry about and we weren't seeing as much man coverage. With Percy out teams are manning up on our receivers and loading up the box. The only place our offense can really be successful passing right now is the intermediate portion of the field and since we have no vertical threat whatsoever the middle of the field is a total log jam.

You would think that Musgrave would try to get creative with his pass plays and throw in some stuff nobody would really expect us to do but our play calling has been ridiculously vanilla. The biggest thing I don't understand is why we don't try throwing Jarius Wright some of the same bubble screens that were so successful with Harvin. Obviously Wright isn't nearly as gifted in the open field as Harvin so he won't be turning many 7-8 yard completions into 20-30 yards but still it would at least be worth a try. It's better idea than trying to rely on Jenkins or Simpson getting open down field. Even a trick play would be something nice to see. Honestly anything to get the defense to be worried about somebody other than Peterson would be a nice change. The coaches honestly can't expect Ponder to be that successful with the weapons he has and the vanilla play calling from Musgrave. To me we are basically setting Ponder up for failure with the situations we put him in.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast