Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ‏@TomPelissero: There are lots of points to critique Ponder. #Vikings are scheming around him. But repeatedly saying "91 yards!!!" makes you look stupid.

‏@TomPelissero: Let's get this straight. The only way he can prove he's not awful is to have better numbers. So, he needs to throw more in a game like that?

‏@TomPelissero: Funniest part is the people who want to tear Ponder apart use his yardage total as their closing argument.

@TomPelissero: Ponder had his issues. Can't throw that pick, for one. But this was not the outright disaster so many seem to think. Not even close.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    @TomPelissero: Did it look ugly at times? Of course. Ponder has issues right now. But he didn't kill them today. And they'll take that in a game like this.

@TomPelissero: Didn't turn over the football in red zone or his own territory. Made a few throws on 3rd down. Gave Devin a shot to the post.

@TomPelissero: For those ripping Frazier for what he's saying about Ponder ... is it really that hard to believe they're not asking him to do much?

@TomPelissero: More Frazier on Ponder: "We may need more from him. But for this game, this was perfect for what we needed to have happen."

@TomPelissero: Frazier on Christian Ponder: "He did a terrific job of doing the things we asked him to do throughout the week."

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Glad to see the guy (Tom) who is more in tune with this team then anyone in this forum keeping things in perspective.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iowavike View Post
    I really think Ponder can be a great QB.
    Just like Tjack, Tim Tebow, Jimmy Clausen, Rex Grossman, Matt Lienart, Jamarus Russell, even Ryan Leaf (its not to late). If they are get alittle better coaching and work on their footwook. They all can be great NFL QB's
    Gannon was talking about Ponder, no one else. Why is everyone so jaded? Most of your examples have clear reasons why they failed.

Leinart: Pretty boy who was too busy with the glamor of being a QB to work hard.

Russell: Laziest person. Ever.

Leaf: Craziest person. Ever. haha

Just give it some time. No one knows whether or not a QB will pan out. Just gotta wait and see.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    You know what I'm glad to see...the fact we stuck with the run even though outside of the 1Q it was not all that good. Our defense was playing good football so I thought our game plan was very good in relying on our strength.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Glad to see the guy (Tom) who is more in tune with this team then anyone in this forum keeping things in perspective.
    The guy knows his stuff. It's to bad more people on here don't read what this guy has to say.

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    Gannon was talking about Ponder, no one else. Why is everyone so jaded? Most of your examples have clear reasons why they failed.

Leinart: Pretty boy who was too busy with the glamor of being a QB to work hard.

Russell: Laziest person. Ever.

Leaf: Craziest person. Ever. haha

Just give it some time. No one knows whether or not a QB will pan out. Just gotta wait and see.
    A lot of us are out of patience. It has been 2 seasons now. Most importantly he's getting worse instead of better. Even you guys agree about that.
    There's 3 or 4 rookie QB's playing much much better than Ponder right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    The guy knows his stuff. It's to bad more people on here don't read what this guy has to say.
    I do all the time. Hell I've been itching to write another in-depth post on Ponder, but all I'd get is hate. Because "I'm high".

People have no damn patience. This is a rebuilding project and Ponder is not the cornerstone on which we will succeed or not. May he be the answer? Hell if I know, but might as well finish out his third year so we know for sure so we can keep on this project. Because right now we have a great young nucleus and that will continue to grow. I'd rather get reciever help and see what Ponder can do then get some ****** veteran stopgap (seriously they all suck, fun fact that Ponder is basically equaling River's production this year and he's considered the best option).
    Last edited by TearsOfPurple; 12-11-2012 at 09:24 PM.
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    18 Tackles, 2 INTs, 45.7 Passer Rating

vCash
    Because River's o line, and his weapons suck..

Ponder and Cutler have about the same numbers. I don't see Bears fans trying to cut off Cutler's head.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iowavike View Post
    A lot of us are out of patience. It has been 2 seasons now. Most importantly he's getting worse instead of better. Even you guys agree about that.
    There's 3 or 4 rookie QB's playing much much better than Ponder right now.
    I agree that there are some rooks playing better than him right now but that by no means tells us he will never develop. People are being bamboozled, yes...I said bamboozled, by the anomaly of a year that rookie QBs are having. Go back 5 or 6 years and tell me how many rookie QBs had this kind of success. You won't find many, if any at all.

Stop predicting how a person will turn out based on such a small sample size comparison. 2 years is not enough time to find out what you truly have.

As the crew at NFL Live would say: "c'mon man/guys!" haha
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    Yes I to read what Tom P. writes....But Frazier is just giving the company lines, and Tom P. needs to have a good relationship with the FO of the Vikings so it wouldn't be in his best interest to slam Ponder either. Not a valid reason for someone to believe in Ponder.

Lets look at the positives from Ponder....
    The 3rd and 8 pass on our opening drive....Briggs fell over and Jenkins made the play, Ponder threw the ball 3 yards short of the first down.
    The 2 3rd down's late in the game to help us run the clock....1 was a really nice catch by the absolutly awful M. Jenkins....
    I'd say his incomplete deep pass was a good throw....

Also I've seen 4 throws in 3 weeks where Ponder delivers a pass before being hit...So he is improving there....early in the year he had a tendency to just duck his head and take the sack. But he threw off his back foot of 2 of those 4.

Now we are to the bad....Ponder was 0 for 4 with an INT when throwing beyond 10 yards....

The fact that he only tried 4 passes beyond 10 yards, and that it's the Vikings clear game plan to just hand off to Peterson, should tell you all you need to know about what the coaches opinion of Ponder is....

O yeah and every good play he had was an even better play by the "terrible" M. Jenkins...

This guy sucks and I'm never going to let you guys forget that you thought he was a good QB.

vCash
    [QUOTE=niftynation11;24690855]I agree that there are some rooks playing better than him right now but that by no means tells us he will never develop. People are being bamboozled, yes...I said bamboozled, by the anomaly of a year that rookie QBs are having. Go back 5 or 6 years and tell me how many rookie QBs had this kind of success. You won't find many, if any at all.

Stop predicting how a person will turn out based on such a small sample size comparison. 2 years is not enough time to find out what you truly have.

As the crew at NFL Live would say: "c'mon man/guys!" haha[/QUOTE

It started in 2009 with Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco. Even Bradford and Stafford had many flashes of potential there rookie seasons. It's not a new annomoly. Give me 4 examples of QB's that were terrible for 2 full seasons before becoming good QB's...I can think of 1, E. Manning. P. had a bad rookie year but was still way better than Ponder day 1. You might say stafford but he was hurt his 2nd and 3rd year and he wasn't terrible as a rookie or 2nd year QB.

vCash
    Drew brees, alex smith, matt schaub.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloInfinity View Post
    Yes I to read what Tom P. writes....But Frazier is just giving the company lines, and Tom P. needs to have a good relationship with the FO of the Vikings so it wouldn't be in his best interest to slam Ponder either. Not a valid reason for someone to believe in Ponder.

Lets look at the positives from Ponder....
    The 3rd and 8 pass on our opening drive....Briggs fell over and Jenkins made the play, Ponder threw the ball 3 yards short of the first down.
    The 2 3rd down's late in the game to help us run the clock....1 was a really nice catch by the absolutly awful M. Jenkins....
    I'd say his incomplete deep pass was a good throw....

Also I've seen 4 throws in 3 weeks where Ponder delivers a pass before being hit...So he is improving there....early in the year he had a tendency to just duck his head and take the sack. But he threw off his back foot of 2 of those 4.

Now we are to the bad....Ponder was 0 for 4 with an INT when throwing beyond 10 yards....

The fact that he only tried 4 passes beyond 10 yards, and that it's the Vikings clear game plan to just hand off to Peterson, should tell you all you need to know about what the coaches opinion of Ponder is....

O yeah and every good play he had was an even better play by the "terrible" M. Jenkins...

This guy sucks and I'm never going to let you guys forget that you thought he was a good QB.
    25% of his throws were greater then 10 yards. Maybe coaches feel that the wrs don't have the ability to go down field and make a play. Like the Aromo play where he didn't go up for the ball, but the Jarius wright throw was Ponder's fault.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    Because River's o line, and his weapons suck..

Ponder and Cutler have about the same numbers. I don't see Bears fans trying to cut off Cutler's head.
    His weapons suck? Seriously? Malcom Floyd, Antonio Gates, Ryan Mathews and don't forget Danario Alexander, who has exploded since the Chargers signed him. Floyd and Alexander dwarf anything the Vikings have right now. Gates isn't the player he used to be but he's still Antonio Gates. Hell even their 3rd and 4th string receivers (Robert Meachem and Eddie Royal) are better than what we will be throwing out their Sunday.

- Mike Zimmer

Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast