Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If you don't think there are torches and pitchforks after Ponder, then I recommend reading over the other threads or listening to some radio. People are acting the same way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    If you don't think there are torches and pitchforks after Ponder, then I recommend reading over the other threads or listening to some radio. People are acting the same way.
    Yes there are, lol. Man this is kind of deja vu because I had TJacks back as well. But I just think Ponder (as sad as it may be) looks the part a little bit better.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LdotAdot View Post
    What's really interesting is the defense of Ponder compared to TJack's when their stats are nearly identical. I remember torches and pitchforks going after TJack.

TJack Minny Stats
    http://pfref.com/pi/share/rTG0L

Ponder
    http://pfref.com/pi/share/nS43n
    That's not funny...why did you have to post this

vCash
    Oh trust me I was a backer of tjack too, but not as much as I am for Ponder. I liked tjack and was pissed that he was benched because of shiancoe (Always hated him). I agree with you Ponder has that extra something.

vCash
    use to support ponder but now i feel like theres a curse on his jersey number this is a joke but kind of serious i feel as if t jack put a curse on it so now whoever wears it will suck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post

Oh don't get me wrong. I should have clarified better. I definitely think there is a mob after Ponder. They just took a little longer to get mobilized. I just remember the patience for Tjack was a lot shorter, almost instant. I could be wrong and people turned on both in around the same time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LdotAdot View Post
    Oh don't get me wrong. I should have clarified better. I definitely think there is a mob after Ponder. They just took a little longer to get mobilized. I just remember the patience for Tjack was a lot shorter, almost instant. I could be wrong and people turned on both in around the same time.
    T Jack, according to those stats, looked like he had quite a few more games before being ousted. I feel if Ponder doesn't turn it around, his games played as a Vikings will be about the same as T Jacks. Too bad to, cause i think Coaching is whats hurting Ponder the most.

To me T Jack didn't have much more coach skill behind him UNTIL he went to Seattle, but then didn't preform much better, so that tells me he lacked IT/skill set/intelligence/etc and wasn't just a product of coaching like Ponder i feel is.
    -You're picturing me as Adrian Peterson again, aren't you?? Don't be silly, Adrian Peterson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    That's not funny...why did you have to post this
    haha sorry. I was surprised when I saw the stats and found it interesting. I do think Ponder is better than Tjack even though the stats are similar.

vCash

vCash
    I want Ponder to succeed but to be honest, he has put up some of the worst Professional numbers and performances I have ever seen in my whole life. He reminds me of how I felt with T-Joke as our QB right after I trusted him.

vCash
    Hartman: Gannon likes Ponder's future
    Rich Gannon, who started his career with the Vikings and wound up quarterbacking the Raiders to an appearance in Super Bowl XXXVII following the 2002 season, makes his home in Minnesota and has been following all the criticism of Vikings quarterback Christian Ponder.

"I went to Oakland but they ran me out of Minnesota and said I couldn't play and I went on to four Pro Bowls and league MVP [in 2002]," said Gannon, who now does color commentary on NFL telecasts. "I think in this day and age the problem is that we're very fickle, we're not very patient, we're not willing to let a young quarterback develop.

"I mean the guy is just in his second season. I think the guy has a lot of talent. You look at him physically, I think he can make all the throws, I think he's a very smart guy. I think that they have to help him and I think that starts with personnel, I think it starts with coaching. There's a lot of things they can do to help this guy get through what is a difficult time. He has to play better, there's no question about that, I'm not making excuses for him, he has to play better, but I think they can help him."

Gannon said there are some things in Ponder's footwork and mechanics he has to get cleaned up. Asked if Ponder has the ability to be a top quarterback, he answered: "When you say 'top quarterback,' there's different levels. I mean there's [Tom] Brady and the [Peyton and Eli] Mannings and the Aaron Rodgerses of the world and I'm not sure he's there, but I think he can be a very efficient, very productive winning quarterback in this game.

"I think his accuracy, some of his decision- making things, I think those are two of the biggest things right now when you look at him. I'd like to see him be able to do more with his legs and some of those things. But I think that's the biggest thing right now is the accuracy and the decision-making.

"That's the things that separates the average ones from the good ones to the elite ones -- the ability to make a difficult throw, the ability to be very efficient in critical situations, third-down passing, fourth-quarter passing, those kinds of things."

He added: "I also would tell you that I think they need more talent around him. You look at how he has struggled without Percy Harvin in the lineup. I don't think when you look at what the Vikings have at wide receiver compared to Chicago, Green Bay and Detroit, I don't think it's comparable. I think all those factors contribute to a guy that's struggling right now in the passing game."

Gannon emphasized that with an average group of receivers, it's apparent how much Ponder and the Vikings offense misses Harvin.

"You look at the personnel they have at wide receiver, I think that Percy Harvin is a guy that is a very good player and you look at how productive they were with him in the lineup and now without him, they're not the same football team," Gannon said. "Right now they're a one-trick pony. They've got the running back [Adrian Peterson] and that's it. It's hard to win, the field shrinks when you have just one explosive player. You look at the Green Bay Packers and they can spread you out and attack you in different ways. The Vikings just don't have that right now."

Gannon said he has talked to some other coaches in the NFC North about Ponder and they really like him.

"It's amazing, people turn on you so fast," Gannon said. "It's like, 'Oh, he can't play, he's no good.' Hell, [former Vikings coach] Denny Green ran so many decent quarterbacks out of there, it was crazy. If you don't give a guy a chance to grow and develop in the system, there are going to be growing pains. We're seeing that right now in Christian Ponder."
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...1.html?refer=y

This would be a good guy for Ponder to talk to because he's been through it. Took Gannon quite a while to put it all together though and I'm not an advocate of waiting that long.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Christian Ponder - QB - Vikings
    Coach Leslier Frazier said Christian Ponder's mechanics are "off-kilter."
    Ponder gets no help from his brutally ineffective receiving corps, but he has to shoulder some of the blame here as well. Over the last five games, the 2011 No. 12 overall pick has completed just 57.6 percent of his passes, averaged 4.7 yards per attempt and thrown four touchdowns against five interceptions. Look for more nine-man boxes against Adrian Peterson when the Vikings take on the Rams Sunday.
    rotoworld

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Great posts Cheese! I totally forgot all about Gannon and how successful he was in Oakland. He and Ponder play a lot a like. Hopefully he and Ponder can have some offseason workouts or something.

vCash
    I really think Ponder can be a great QB.
    Just like Tjack, Tim Tebow, Jimmy Clausen, Rex Grossman, Matt Lienart, Jamarus Russell, even Ryan Leaf (its not to late). If they are get alittle better coaching and work on their footwook. They all can be great NFL QB's

vCash
    @TomPelissero: Christian Ponder was 6-of-7 passing for 51 yards on third downs yesterday. Four of those completions converted.

@TomPelissero: Frazier praises Ponder for work on 3rd downs late: "What he did in that fourth quarter was a major part of our success yesterday." #Vikings
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 12-11-2012 at 01:28 PM.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast