Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo30 View Post
    so basically.. we are in the same boat as we were before. Ponder is obviously capable of playing well, which we already knew. (anyone who says he didnt play well is flat out wrong. Love him or hate him give him props.). but now he needs to work on consistency. there is 6 games left. these 6 will be a huge test to see what we have in Ponder.
    Basically lol The inconsistencies of Ponder were to be expected. Obviously throwing for under 100 yards is alarming but no one should be shocked to see a young QB having an up and down season in his 2nd year. The biggest thing we need to see is the amount of bad plays/games start to decrease and the good plays/games start to increase. So far I would say the positives out weigh the negatives but there is still a lot of time left to see what he is made of.

“I can’t wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and we’re standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and we’re all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him he’s world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.”
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Thats acceptable D but Ponders play was subpar
    Exactly

vCash
    Hoepfully Musgrave can work a nice offensive game plan vs the bears and Mix Wright in with Harvin Still would love to see Harvin and Wright Wide with Rudolph in the slot Picks and Slant routes underneath should be automatic with Rudolph clearing the middle. Lets hope the 49ers ***** slap the Bears (if cutler plays hell most likely get knocked out again)
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    First of all I never called you an idiot. What did you want me to say last week? You hate Ponder. I cant change that. Presenting facts as many people in this forum have done havent changed that. You are set in your ways that Ponder sucks. He could win us a superbowl but you would say it was the defense or or have some other excuse about why we won. It is the same thing with you every week. Your ignorance gets pretty old.

Carolina has Greg Olsen that you neglected to mention. You know the guy that had 9 receptions 102 yards and 2 TDs this Sunday. You also neglected to mention Laurent Robinson for Jacksonville who had an amazing season last year and when healthy has put up solid numbers in the last two games. The Jags also have Micheal Spurlock. Every WR you mention is better then any WR on our team besides Harvin. Its not that hard. Look at the stats. I have said it over and over again.
    Hang on. I want to mend some fences. I don't think anyone in this forums is ignorant, and neither am I, at least when it comes to the football. We are all a bunch of NFL nerds. I could bump into 100 Vikings fans that weren't this passionate about this team or football....I hate that you called me ignorant, even if some of my more recent posts weren't necessarily brilliant.

I have said some stupid things. I was bias yesterday because I couldn't get that goal line series out of my head. I was so sure it would bite us in the ***...but I forgot that he got stepped on, and that actually changed a lot for me. The fact that he got sacked twice was a huge positive I didn't know when I woke up this morning.

I can't believe I forgot Olsen in that list, I was thinking about him. L. Robinson I just truly forgot about.

When we were discussing Jackson earlier I realized how strongly I supported him and I would have to say that at this point Ponder looks much much better than T. Jack. And maybe me supporting Jackson is a deeper reason why I can't get behind Ponder.

I don't hate Ponder, before week 1 I got really optimistic. But after the first 2 games I was totally convinced he sucks....then I remembered that's what chilly did to TJack.

I'm taking a step back from my Ponder stance. I'm going to support him from here on out. I think after the first 2 games all I could see is the bad in Ponder. I was trying so hard to convince people in what I saw the opposite has happened.

I hope this stance on Ponder doesn't ruin my reputation, I really do know a lot about football.

vCash
    It's no problem Apollo, I don't hold a grudge; all I'm asking is to put bias aside and just judge him for how he plays.

Here's more of that redzone play; if anyone honestly think we could of scored I question you. It was just great defense by the Lions, gotta give props when props are due.

Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    2 Tackles, 1 INTs, 2.8 QB Rating

vCash
    I just hope the Vikes don't bench him for Joe Webb. They need to realize this is his first full season and he will get better. Just look at Peyton Manning, he threw 26 TD's and 28 picks his first year. John Elway had 47 TD's and 52 picks in his first three years. Ponder can be very good but cant have his team lose confidence in him because he may never recover from that.

vCash
    Vikings GM Spielman: “Ponder is our guy”
    Christian Ponder could do no wrong as the Vikings got off to a 4-1 start. But even though he proceeded to look exceedingly human, the Vikings still think he’s the right guy.

General manager Rick Spielman just finished a talk with Vikings beat writers, and made it clear where the organization stood on their second-year quarterback.

“I know everybody in this organization believes Christian Ponder is our guy,” Spielman said, via Tom Pelissero of 1500ESPN.com. “And I have full, 100 percent belief that Christian Ponder’s going to be our quarterback heading into the future.”

Beating the Lions last week to go into a bye week 6-4 has quieted some of the criticism, but there’s been reasonable doubt about Ponder after a tough stretch of games that made the Vikings look like they could only do one thing well — run.

“Those are things that you look at when you’re developing a young quarterback, is OK, he had a hiccup for a couple weeks — how does he respond?” Spielman said. “Well, he came out of that and responded pretty well last week. I think he ended up with a 114 quarterback rating and was very productive and probably would have been more productive, but we had a few dropped balls here and there, too.

“So, those are the signs that you’re looking at, not only from his physical ability, but how he handles the pressure at that position from the mental standpoint, too.”

Speilman said he’s been encouraged by Ponder’s approach, even the way he joked about his sideline-reporter girlfriend, which became a topic during his slump.

“You have to have stuff roll off your back at that position, just like a head coach or general manager,” Spielman said. “You know there’s going to be — the praises come with that position, but the heavy criticisms come with that position, too. But you have to have the mental makeup to be able to handle all of that.”

Either way, Spielman said he was still well short of the time he needed to make a final determination on Ponder.

“I always have followed the three-year rule,” Spielman said. “The quarterback position — you’ve got to remember, our guy’s only in his second year. You look at the history of development of quarterbacks and I’ve talked to you guys a lot about that and where they come.

“I know they’re getting measured regardless if they’re a rookie or second-year [player]. They’re going to get evaluated from the outside and from the media on their performance that week. But you have to be, from an internal standpoint, looking at the whole picture and looking at a length of time.”

That’s good news for Ponder, especially if they use the time between his second and third year to add some weapons to the outside, which will allow him to look like more than a guy who hands off to Adrian Peterson.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-guy/#comments

In related news, I think that since he played very well last game I vote he keeps the beard.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Vikings GM Spielman: “Ponder is our guy”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-guy/#comments

In related news, I think that since he played very well last game I vote he keeps the beard.
    I was going to say that the facial hair was a good look for Ponder.

vCash
    Idk. I feel like beards are for linemen only. haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloInfinity View Post
    Hang on. I want to mend some fences. I don't think anyone in this forums is ignorant, and neither am I, at least when it comes to the football. We are all a bunch of NFL nerds. I could bump into 100 Vikings fans that weren't this passionate about this team or football....I hate that you called me ignorant, even if some of my more recent posts weren't necessarily brilliant.

I have said some stupid things. I was bias yesterday because I couldn't get that goal line series out of my head. I was so sure it would bite us in the ***...but I forgot that he got stepped on, and that actually changed a lot for me. The fact that he got sacked twice was a huge positive I didn't know when I woke up this morning.

I can't believe I forgot Olsen in that list, I was thinking about him. L. Robinson I just truly forgot about.

When we were discussing Jackson earlier I realized how strongly I supported him and I would have to say that at this point Ponder looks much much better than T. Jack. And maybe me supporting Jackson is a deeper reason why I can't get behind Ponder.

I don't hate Ponder, before week 1 I got really optimistic. But after the first 2 games I was totally convinced he sucks....then I remembered that's what chilly did to TJack.

I'm taking a step back from my Ponder stance. I'm going to support him from here on out. I think after the first 2 games all I could see is the bad in Ponder. I was trying so hard to convince people in what I saw the opposite has happened.

I hope this stance on Ponder doesn't ruin my reputation, I really do know a lot about football.
    I apologize for calling you ignorant and you correct we are all very passionate about the team we love. Sometimes the passion can get the best of some of us (me included). I definitely don't hold any grudge against you bro. I understand you question Ponder. I think we all do/did especially when he couldn't throw for over 100 yards in a game. Its okay to have doubts about him and I understand that. When he plays well though we should all give him the credit he deserves.

vCash
    I don't know about you guys but I am excited for the future of this team. This was a stellar draft class for us and I hope we have many more to come.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloInfinity View Post
    I agree, for as much as I have doubts about Ponder I want him given the chance. The last 6 games will be a huge test for Ponder and if he plays like the Det/SF Ponder I'd give him another year with an upgrade at the QB #2.

I didn't realize he only got sacked once, that would turn his grade into a B- for me, and to be honest I forgot Fusco stepped on him to cause the first down sack. So I will give him a B, only 1 sack is a big deal. Or was it 2 sacks, and the 2nd one wasn't his fault.
    The only thing Ponder did poorly in that game was try to throw the ball once he got tripped. That was a bonehead play. Besides that he did a good job. He just needs to manage the game at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    It's no problem Apollo, I don't hold a grudge; all I'm asking is to put bias aside and just judge him for how he plays.

Here's more of that redzone play; if anyone honestly think we could of scored I question you. It was just great defense by the Lions, gotta give props when props are due.

It doesn't matter we won! Ponder played well enough to be a reason we won. W/ that said he could have used a pump fake to get that pass to the guy on the bottom of the screen who ran a slant behind 24. He really would've benefited from a being around a better vet than McNabb and Rosenfels his first two years. Thats just my opinion.

On that particular series I was pissed too about the lack of attempts to the end zone. I don't care if he threw it out of the back of the end zone. At least give the players a chance. Regardless, I think he played B+ ball great game Ponder!

vCash
    By the way...case in note...see Matt Ryan's stats from yesterdays game. Even the good ones have absolutely terrible games.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11237/matt-ryan

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 0 , Yards: 0 , TD's: 0

vCash
    He still passed for 300 yards though...
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast