Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 784
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    870
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    The Defense gave up 2 touchdowns each under 1:00 minute and gave up 24 points they did not win this game Ponder and AP did.
    I don't know, we held the NFL's best passing offense for almost 3 quarters. Winfield got a pick 6, and greenway got a INT inside our 50.

    I still say our Defense and AD won the game. AD opened up the PA game for Ponder, guys got open because they had 8 and 9 guys up to stop AD and still couldn't.

    Greenways pick came when it was close and you almost always win when your D scores a TD....

    All the points came in the 4th and late 3rd when we were giving them the underneath game....

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,301
    vCash
    1500
    The pick 6 was called back. They got us an int and fumble recovery not td.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,791
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloInfinity View Post
    I don't know, we held the NFL's best passing offense for almost 3 quarters. Winfield got a pick 6, and greenway got a INT inside our 50.

    I still say our Defense and AD won the game. AD opened up the PA game for Ponder, guys got open because they had 8 and 9 guys up to stop AD and still couldn't.

    Greenways pick came when it was close and you almost always win when your D scores a TD....

    All the points came in the 4th and late 3rd when we were giving them the underneath game....
    Winfield did NOT get a pick 6.... 51 yard passes to Cj in double coverage was not underneath anything. We also only got 3 points off greenways interception.
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 11-12-2012 at 08:41 PM.
    Minnesota Vikings

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    870
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    That's what killed that drive. 1st and goal on the 3 with Peterson in the back field is likely going to be a TD. I don't know if that was going to be a pass or not because he tripped him pretty quickly but I'm going to assume it was a run. Regardless it didn't end up hurting us.
    It never even occurred to me that could have been a run play....Because I was really pissed at the end when it's first and goal on the 3, AD is on your team and you pass it 3 times....I thought we were going to lose at that point, I feared it would be the Redskin game all over again.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville/Alliance, Ohio
    Posts
    6,779
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloInfinity View Post
    I don't know, we held the NFL's best passing offense for almost 3 quarters. Winfield got a pick 6, and greenway got a INT inside our 50.

    I still say our Defense and AD won the game. AD opened up the PA game for Ponder, guys got open because they had 8 and 9 guys up to stop AD and still couldn't.

    Greenways pick came when it was close and you almost always win when your D scores a TD....

    All the points came in the 4th and late 3rd when we were giving them the underneath game....
    The Winfield play wasn't a pick and our defense didn't score lol


    I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville/Alliance, Ohio
    Posts
    6,779
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloInfinity View Post
    It never even occurred to me that could have been a run play....Because I was really pissed at the end when it's first and goal on the 3, AD is on your team and you pass it 3 times....I thought we were going to lose at that point, I feared it would be the Redskin game all over again.
    Fusco was pulling to the inside when he stepped on Ponder so I will assume it was a run. It could of easily been play action too, though.


    I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,791
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Fusco was pulling to the inside when he stepped on Ponder so I will assume it was a run. It could of easily been play action too, though.
    Tough to say Peterson seemed to run right out to block... I was trying to figure it out but I think it was PA.
    Minnesota Vikings

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,301
    vCash
    1500
    I think it was a play action.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    870
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Winfield did NOT get a pick 6.... 51 yard passes to Cj in double coverage was not underneath anything.
    Yeah I forgot that it was called back. Still a big play for the D though.

    And you can't complain about C. Johnson making some plays. We didn't have our #1 CB and we kept him in check for 3 quarters. Robison, Allen, Evans, Greenway, Erin all had good games.

    Did anybody else think that Evans might be a better starter then Guion. I used to like Guion but I feel the run D may be better with Evans.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,791
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    The Winfield play wasn't a pick and our defense didn't score lol
    Must have been watching very closely
    Minnesota Vikings

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    18,692
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloInfinity View Post
    I could say the same thing about you in reverse. You didn't have much to say last week. And Ponder has a game where he actually throws for more then 200 and now I'm the idiot?

    You would trade Harvin, Jenkins, #19, Rudolph and J. Wright for
    A.(S. Smith, Lafell, Gettis and A. Edwards.)
    B.(Hartline, Bess and Fasano?)
    C.(Gordon, Little, Massiqua and E. Moore)
    D.(Blackmon, Shorts, and M. Lewis)
    E. (Amendola, Givens, Quick and Kendricks)

    Now can you tell me our talent is not as good as there's. The best TE on that list is Rudolph and the best WR is Harvin. And we have the best running back of all time. I am sick of the excuses.
    First of all I never called you an idiot. What did you want me to say last week? You hate Ponder. I cant change that. Presenting facts as many people in this forum have done havent changed that. You are set in your ways that Ponder sucks. He could win us a superbowl but you would say it was the defense or or have some other excuse about why we won. It is the same thing with you every week. Your ignorance gets pretty old.

    Carolina has Greg Olsen that you neglected to mention. You know the guy that had 9 receptions 102 yards and 2 TDs this Sunday. You also neglected to mention Laurent Robinson for Jacksonville who had an amazing season last year and when healthy has put up solid numbers in the last two games. The Jags also have Micheal Spurlock. Every WR you mention is better then any WR on our team besides Harvin. Its not that hard. Look at the stats. I have said it over and over again.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    eau claire, wi
    Posts
    3,251
    vCash
    1500
    so basically.. we are in the same boat as we were before. Ponder is obviously capable of playing well, which we already knew. (anyone who says he didnt play well is flat out wrong. Love him or hate him give him props.). but now he needs to work on consistency. there is 6 games left. these 6 will be a huge test to see what we have in Ponder.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,791
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo30 View Post
    so basically.. we are in the same boat as we were before. Ponder is obviously capable of playing well, which we already knew. (anyone who says he didnt play well is flat out wrong. Love him or hate him give him props.). but now he needs to work on consistency. there is 6 games left. these 6 will be a huge test to see what we have in Ponder.
    I think our Dline has the ability to give both the Packers and Bears fits, they will determine the outcome of the game, I think AP will be able to run all over both and if Ponder plays half as good as he did yesterday well atleast split the series. People can rag on our Offensive players all they want the bears have NOTHING outside of Forte Bush and Marshall.
    Minnesota Vikings

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    18,692
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloInfinity View Post
    Yeah I forgot that it was called back. Still a big play for the D though.

    And you can't complain about C. Johnson making some plays. We didn't have our #1 CB and we kept him in check for 3 quarters. Robison, Allen, Evans, Greenway, Erin all had good games.

    Did anybody else think that Evans might be a better starter then Guion. I used to like Guion but I feel the run D may be better with Evans.
    Calvin Johnson put up 207 yards receiving. People shouldn't complain about that?

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,791
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Calvin Johnson put up 207 yards receiving. People shouldn't complain about that?
    Thats acceptable D but Ponders play was subpar
    Minnesota Vikings

Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •