Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    I see two people wide open on that play. Are you blind tears?
    I am only counting 9 Vikings if Devon was off screen where is the 11th Viking?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    I think your general hatred for Ponder has completely blinded you to what is going on. It is also very debatable on if Ponder has better WRs then all those teams. He may have the best WR (depends how people rate Steve Smith) but all of those teams besides maybe Mia have better depth at WR then the Vikings.
    I could say the same thing about you in reverse. You didn't have much to say last week. And Ponder has a game where he actually throws for more then 200 and now I'm the idiot?

You would trade Harvin, Jenkins, #19, Rudolph and J. Wright for
    A.(S. Smith, Lafell, Gettis and A. Edwards.)
    B.(Hartline, Bess and Fasano?)
    C.(Gordon, Little, Massiqua and E. Moore)
    D.(Blackmon, Shorts, and M. Lewis)
    E. (Amendola, Givens, Quick and Kendricks)

Now can you tell me our talent is not as good as there's. The best TE on that list is Rudolph and the best WR is Harvin. And we have the best running back of all time. I am sick of the excuses.

vCash
    We might have the best wr but when you use him in the completely wrong way you don't really have the best wr same with the tight end. It is like having the best gun but only using it to open a can of pineapples. Also our depth outside of Harvin sucks. Simpson is hurt, jenkins is slower then brett favre, and devin is devin. You can't throw Jarius in there because we don't even activate him. I would take clevelands, rams, and jags depth over ours.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    I don't even know...not worth my time
    Hey I just noticed your campaigning for Hunter. I worry that we won't get the chance to draft him.

Have you seen C. Patterson play? I don't know if he will come out this year, but he reminds me of J. Jones. I can't believe how fast he is, and how well he accelerates. Do you think he will come out if the draft this year?

My ideal draft would be for us to draft Chance Warmack LG Alabama. He will be a perennial pro bowl G. You put him next to kalil and Sully we have a dominant line for 10 years. Big difference with AD this year is that the line is sooo good at RB already. Imagine if we had better G's AD would have a shot a 2000 yards every year.

My draft would go Warmack, round 2 go Terrence Williams or Patterson

vCash
    I see two people wide open on that play. Are you blind tears?
    Two guys? Really? The only guy open is Gerhart. Rudolph has a guy in front of him and behind him. Whoever is at the top of the screen has a guy trailing him and he is running right towards Rudolph and 3 Lions players. You can't tell what's going on the bottom of the picture because you can't see the players but what you can is see is a Lions defensive lineman about to sack Ponder if he didn't get the ball away at that moment.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    We might have the best wr but when you use him in the completely wrong way you don't really have the best wr same with the tight end. It is like having the best gun but only using it to open a can of pineapples. Also our depth outside of Harvin sucks. Simpson is hurt, jenkins is slower then brett favre, and devin is devin. You can't throw Jarius in there because we don't even activate him. I would take clevelands, rams, and jags depth over ours.
    Fair enough man. I will try to keep my Ponder pessimism to a minimum from here out. I think a few poster's wish I would just go somewhere else....But I love this team like you do and I want the best for them. Nobody wants Ponder to prove me wrong more then me. To be honest nobody in my life likes football and I really love coming on these forums to hear peoples opinion's. You can only read so much stuff from the media, I mean I can't read a single thing in the star tribune about the vikings I didn't already know....

I've never watched a team develop a QB, so to be honest maybe I just don't understand the process. I supported T Jack and was really pissed when they benched him after 2 games for Ferotte. So I was on the other side of the argument with Jackson.

So basically I'm accepting I'm bias and will refrain from speaking about Ponder

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloInfinity View Post
    I could say the same thing about you in reverse. You didn't have much to say last week. And Ponder has a game where he actually throws for more then 200 and now I'm the idiot?

You would trade Harvin, Jenkins, #19, Rudolph and J. Wright for
    A.(S. Smith, Lafell, Gettis and A. Edwards.)
    B.(Hartline, Bess and Fasano?)
    C.(Gordon, Little, Massiqua and E. Moore)
    D.(Blackmon, Shorts, and M. Lewis)
    E. (Amendola, Givens, Quick and Kendricks)

Now can you tell me our talent is not as good as there's. The best TE on that list is Rudolph and the best WR is Harvin. And we have the best running back of all time. I am sick of the excuses.
    Nobody is saying we have the worst wide receivers in the league. The point is besides AP, Percy and Rudolph we have guys who wouldn't even crack most teams rosters. Jarius Wright stepped up last week and is probably our 2nd best receiver but Frazier didn't even commit to Wright to being active every week. Yea we probably have a better group of weapons than about 5-7 other teams but that still puts us in the bottom of the league in weapons.

No offense but you saying we have better weapons than the 1-8 Jags, the 2-7 Panthers and Browns, the 3-5-1 Rams and the 4-5 Dolphins isn't saying much. If anything that hurts your argument because your comparing us to some of the worst teams in football. There is no denying that we badly need an upgrade at wide receiver.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Two guys? Really? The only guy open is Gerhart. Rudolph has a guy in front of him and behind him. Whoever is at the top of the screen has a guy trailing him and he is running right towards Rudolph and 3 Lions players. You can't tell what's going on the bottom of the picture because you can't see the players but what you can is see is a Lions defensive lineman about to sack Ponder if he didn't get the ball away at that moment.
    That was Jenkins, running a slant toward the I and K as I explained. The guy he's running for was locked on Rudolph his feet were set and he wasn't drifting back. Meaning he didn't see Jenkins cutting across his back. As I said before Jenkins had position on his CB that is open in the NFL

vCash
    HOLY **** Ponder goes 24/32 (75%), 221 avg 9.2 yards 2 TDs and completed 5-7 passes over 10 yards for 131 yards (26.2 yard avg.) Completed a pass to 10 different players on offense..10 and only took 1 sack with no Turnovers. His play opened up the running lanes for AP in the 4th qrt. 2 drives where stalled by big drops by Burton on the 3 yardline on 2nd down and a 3rd and 11 off Rudolph's hands.

How could anyone not be happy with his play holy crap what else should he have done????? Maybe we should have sat Peterson? 171 yards less rushing maybe Ponder would throw for an "acceptable" 63 passes and 450 yards and 5 Td's<--------this is not the vikings game and NEVER will be. if those stats aren't good enough for you go root for the Saints and Packers.
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 11-12-2012 at 07:27 PM.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Fair enough man. I will try to keep my Ponder pessimism to a minimum from here out. I think a few poster's wish I would just go somewhere else....But I love this team like you do and I want the best for them. Nobody wants Ponder to prove me wrong more then me. To be honest nobody in my life likes football and I really love coming on these forums to hear peoples opinion's. You can only read so much stuff from the media, I mean I can't read a single thing in the star tribune about the vikings I didn't already know....

I've never watched a team develop a QB, so to be honest maybe I just don't understand the process. I supported T Jack and was really pissed when they benched him after 2 games for Ferotte. So I was on the other side of the argument with Jackson.

I was never a big fan of Tjack but I will say our development of him was terrible. Instead of letting the kid take his lumps and work through them, moron Chilly would just sit him on the bench at the first sign of trouble. It's no surprise the kid never succeeded because we was never really given a true opportunity to take the job.

Eli Manning is a great example of a guy who was given time to develop. Tom Coughlin left the kid out there through all the struggles and Manning eventually found his way. That's what you need to do with a young QB. Hopefully the Vikings take that route with Ponder and not the route Chilly chose.

- Mike Zimmer

vCash

Speak about Ponder just don't consistently bash him for small stuff. Take the great games for what they are and bad games for what they are. He is a young developing qb. Something Minnesota has had bad luck with in the past. The things I see from Ponder and things I hear him say make me believe that he can be a top 10 qb in the league someday.

That benching of Jackson was all on Shiancoe I was at that game and he dropped 2 easy tds if I remember correctly.

vCash
    That was Jenkins, running a slant toward the I and K as I explained. The guy he's running for was locked on Rudolph his feet were set and he wasn't drifting back. Meaning he didn't see Jenkins cutting across his back. As I said before Jenkins had position on his CB that is open in the NFL
    If Ponder throws that ball one of those guys near Rudolph is going to pick it off. Yes Jenkins beat his man but if Ponder throws that its an int. I mean there are 4 Lions around 2 Vikings receivers and barely any space between them.

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    The Defense gave up 2 touchdowns each under 1:00 minute and gave up 24 points they did not win this game Ponder and AP did.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I was never a big fan of Tjack but I will say our development of him was terrible. Instead of letting the kid take his lumps and work through them, moron Chilly would just sit him on the bench at the first sign of trouble. It's no surprise the kid never succeeded because we was never really given a true opportunity to take the job.

Eli Manning is a great example of a guy who was given time to develop. Tom Coughlin left the kid out there through all the struggles and Manning eventually found his way. That's what you need to do with a young QB. Hopefully the Vikings take that route with Ponder and not the route Chilly chose.
    I agree, for as much as I have doubts about Ponder I want him given the chance. The last 6 games will be a huge test for Ponder and if he plays like the Det/SF Ponder I'd give him another year with an upgrade at the QB #2.

I didn't realize he only got sacked once, that would turn his grade into a B- for me, and to be honest I forgot Fusco stepped on him to cause the first down sack. So I will give him a B, only 1 sack is a big deal. Or was it 2 sacks, and the 2nd one wasn't his fault.

vCash
    I agree, for as much as I have doubts about Ponder I want him given the chance. The last 6 games will be a huge test for Ponder and if he plays like the Det/SF Ponder I'd give him another year with an upgrade at the QB #2.

I didn't realize he only got sacked once, that would turn his grade into a B- for me, and to be honest I forgot Fusco stepped on him to cause the first down sack. So I will give him a B, only 1 sack is a big deal. Or was it 2 sacks, and the 2nd one wasn't his fault.
    That's what killed that drive. 1st and goal on the 3 with Peterson in the back field is likely going to be a TD. I don't know if that was going to be a pass or not because he tripped him pretty quickly but I'm going to assume it was a run. Regardless it didn't end up hurting us.

- Mike Zimmer

Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast