Quote Originally Posted by ApolloInfinity View Post
Yes I to read what Tom P. writes....But Frazier is just giving the company lines, and Tom P. needs to have a good relationship with the FO of the Vikings so it wouldn't be in his best interest to slam Ponder either. Not a valid reason for someone to believe in Ponder.

Lets look at the positives from Ponder....
The 3rd and 8 pass on our opening drive....Briggs fell over and Jenkins made the play, Ponder threw the ball 3 yards short of the first down.
The 2 3rd down's late in the game to help us run the clock....1 was a really nice catch by the absolutly awful M. Jenkins....
I'd say his incomplete deep pass was a good throw....

Also I've seen 4 throws in 3 weeks where Ponder delivers a pass before being hit...So he is improving there....early in the year he had a tendency to just duck his head and take the sack. But he threw off his back foot of 2 of those 4.

Now we are to the bad....Ponder was 0 for 4 with an INT when throwing beyond 10 yards....

The fact that he only tried 4 passes beyond 10 yards, and that it's the Vikings clear game plan to just hand off to Peterson, should tell you all you need to know about what the coaches opinion of Ponder is....

O yeah and every good play he had was an even better play by the "terrible" M. Jenkins...

This guy sucks and I'm never going to let you guys forget that you thought he was a good QB.
That doesn't make much sense. The guy has the freedom to say whatever he wants and his job has no attachments to the front office. He works for ESPN, not the Vikings.