Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I don't care if he passed for 600 yards he still turned it over 5 times. Would be a bigger issue if Matt wasn't having such a good year already. I'm just saying we need to not jump over Ponder if he does bad.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    Sure we do, because the fans even jump over Matt Ryan when he does bad. You hold your QB accountable because it is on him if we win, I won't stop doing it every game and I am a Ponder backer. The moment we are satisfied with Ponder's ability or play the moment he is done here, we need him to continue to get better.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    So far San Fran 20 Bears goose egg.

vCash
    Man Jared Allen better **** on this Oline. Anyone else think we should stand our Dends up and copy these stunts
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 11-19-2012 at 11:11 PM.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ellesmeire View Post
    Sure we do, because the fans even jump over Matt Ryan when he does bad. You hold your QB accountable because it is on him if we win, I won't stop doing it every game and I am a Ponder backer. The moment we are satisfied with Ponder's ability or play the moment he is done here, we need him to continue to get better.
    I agree to a point. No need to be a perfectionist, but you do always want to ask more from a guy. It comes down to a question of satisfaction, are you as a fan satisfied with the level of his performance? I have to say as long as we're winning games, yes, I am however I do expect him to get progressively better as a player.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    I think Ponder can be as good as Matt Scuab one day, that is about his ceiling so each game he regresses it pisses me off, though I am not ready to jump ship anytime soon if he continues to show me things each game...however the Cardinal, Bucc and Seahawks games really pissed me off...he looked like TJack.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    Vikings won't be benching Christian Ponder
    Dec 2 - 7:41 PM

Coach Leslie Frazier said he will not bench Christian Ponder ahead of a Week 14 game against the Bears.

Ponder continues to hold the Vikings' offense hostage. He managed just 12 completions and 119 yards in Sunday's loss to the Packers, marking the fourth time in the last six games he's been held under 160 yards. Still, Frazier said he didn't think about turning to Joe Webb during the game and won't do so going forward, either. "No. Christian, he's our quarterback," he said. "We're going to do all we can this week to help him to have a good week against Chicago (next Sunday) and help our team go out and get a win."

Source: ESPN 1500 Twin Cities
    http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...ristian-ponder

vCash
    I don't even get ticked at Ponder anymore. All of that energy goes to the coaches. They keep talking about Frazier being a "players coach" and the guys respect him. I remember the last time this came up and it was with a coach who came up the "Randy Ratio".
    He's in a role that's more suited (not by much according to Bears fans) than being in charge and maybe we should be thinking the same.

vCash

vCash
    A few months ago, back during the 2011 season I would tell you Ponder reminded me of a young Favre, makes huge plays then takes it away with a bonehead play. Honestly I viewed him as a more accurate gunslinger with a bit less arm strength. It seemed we just let him play, and with every amazing play there seemed to be a "why?!". This offseason we molded Ponder to be a more "safe" QB and try to pigeon hole him into this "game manager" role.

That's the problem, Ponder is not a game manager QB! Right now his old instincts of being a gunslinger aren't going away, instead he's just overthinking things and with that comes more of the bad then the good. Instead of seeing both great throws and bad INTs we are just seeing those INTs because the coaches won't let him play at his best game. We've made Ponder into this dink and dunk passer when he really isn't one! The guy wants to take risks. But it seems like our coaching staff just wants him to keep it safe and grow, instead he needs to take lumps, throw those INTs and TDs: ITS FINE. F*%# didn't Luck just throw a 4 TD 3 INT game? You know who cares about those 3 INTs? No one because with those plays more big plays are more likely to happen. Just let Ponder learn from them!!

vCash
    Exactly. Let the kid sink or swim. I think once we got out to a good start, our whole coaching staff got conservative. Told Ponder don't do anything that losses us the game. I think Ponder is way over thinking everything now. Trying not to make that big mistake instead of just letting it fly. Truthfully I don't care if Ponder throws picks trying to make plays. This is the season we should be letting Ponder try stuff and seeing what he can do. Right now we are telling him to do specific things. Take the chains off the kid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    A few months ago, back during the 2011 season I would tell you Ponder reminded me of a young Favre, makes huge plays then takes it away with a bonehead play. Honestly I viewed him as a more accurate gunslinger with a bit less arm strength. It seemed we just let him play, and with every amazing play there seemed to be a "why?!". This offseason we molded Ponder to be a more "safe" QB and try to pigeon hole him into this "game manager" role.

That's the problem, Ponder is not a game manager QB! Right now his old instincts of being a gunslinger aren't going away, instead he's just overthinking things and with that comes more of the bad then the good. Instead of seeing both great throws and bad INTs we are just seeing those INTs because the coaches won't let him play at his best game. We've made Ponder into this dink and dunk passer when he really isn't one! The guy wants to take risks. But it seems like our coaching staff just wants him to keep it safe and grow, instead he needs to take lumps, throw those INTs and TDs: ITS FINE. F*%# didn't Luck just throw a 4 TD 3 INT game? You know who cares about those 3 INTs? No one because with those plays more big plays are more likely to happen. Just let Ponder learn from them!!
    I'll tell you one thing that goes towards this too, any time that they go no-huddle Ponder audibles and goes right to work. He's no Jim Kelly and I can see why the coaching staff doesn't want to relinquish the whole offense to him, but at this point its worth a try.

Its going to be telling in the next few days where the team thinks its going. Realistically Braylon Edwards should be on a flight to Minneapolis tomorrow for a workout, along with several other receivers. However, if he's not, and we hear about them activating Summers, or someone who isn't even a WR (like Bobby Felder) from the PS, just so that another team can't vulture him, we'll pretty much know they've given up on the post-season. That's not exactly the easiest thing to hear right now, but it may be what's best for the team, get them ready for next year.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Know what's kinda of funny guys...Watching some stuff on Russell Wilson and realized this is exactly who we were hoping for in TJack. They have the same style of play but obviously TJack was missing the "IT" factor.

vCash
    Was Ponder a gun slinger at Florida State?

vCash
    What's really interesting is the defense of Ponder compared to TJack's when their stats are nearly identical. I remember torches and pitchforks going after TJack.

TJack Minny Stats
    http://pfref.com/pi/share/rTG0L

Ponder
    http://pfref.com/pi/share/nS43n

Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast