Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Christian Ponder - QB - Vikings
    Nov 5 - 1:46 PM

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier reiterated at Monday's presser that he isn't considering benching Christian Ponder.

"I really haven’t thought about pulling him for a game and taking him out for a series or anything like that," Frazier said. "There are times where he needs to stay in the pocket a little bit longer. He needs to be patient." Ponder has been playing spectacularly bad football of late, failing to top 63 yards passing in two of his past three games, while struggling to present any sort of a threat downfield. Backup Joe Webb has been unimpressive in parts of 17 career games, however. The Vikings' supposed quarterback of the future, Ponder's leash should remain long, but he'd do well to at least breach the century mark against Detroit.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ayer-news?rw=1

vCash
    I say before we bench Ponder we let someone else call the plays,,,cause the majority of this is on our playcaller.

vCash
    Maybe we should all just take a step back and lower our expectations for Ponder. Forget playoffs, forget superbowls.
    As long as we sell out the dome go 8-8 each year we'll be happy half of the time at least. And set our main goal as having AP break Smiths all time rushing record. It's been 35 years since we've been in a superbowl anyway.
    I think expecting Ponder to win a superbowl is unrealistic. And not fair to him. Just as taking him with the #12 overall pick instantly put the pressure on him to be great. It's not his fault we took him that high.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iowavike View Post
    Maybe we should all just take a step back and lower our expectations for Ponder. Forget playoffs, forget superbowls.
    As long as we sell out the dome go 8-8 each year we'll be happy half of the time at least. And set our main goal as having AP break Smiths all time rushing record. It's been 35 years since we've been in a superbowl anyway.
    I think expecting Ponder to win a superbowl is unrealistic. And not fair to him. Just as taking him with the #12 overall pick instantly put the pressure on him to be great. It's not his fault we took him that high.
    I wanted to add that if we took Ponder in the 2nd-3rd round, Like many expert forecasters projected. And had him sit behind Sage Webb or McNabb for a couple years. Then I think he'd been better. And also, all of us *****es wouldn't be so PO'd. with the high expections we have.

vCash
    I wanted to add that if we took Ponder in the 2nd-3rd round, Like many expert forecasters projected. And had him sit behind Sage Webb or McNabb for a couple years. Then I think he'd been better. And also, all of us *****es wouldn't be so PO'd. with the high expections we have.

The monumental ignorance of what you just said is downright shameful. I'm embarrassed that you call yourself a Vikings' fan and root for the same team I do. The only thing I'm lowering my expectations on is your ability to understand the game of football. We would not have drafted Ponder if Spielman, Frazier and Musgrave didn't think that he could win a Super Bowl. Ponder would have been drafted by the Dolphins in the first round or quite possibly by the Bills or Bengals in the 2nd had he still have been available. Despite what the talking heads say, this reach business is idiotic.

There is something WRONG with how he is playing now, he's not able to do things that he HAS done earlier in the season, missing simple short and medium passes that were his bread and butter earlier. Playing his best football there is no reason at all Ponder can't lead this team. He has before and we've won games because of it. He's in a slump right now, because of factors that are both up to him AND outside of his control. That's the most baffling thing is that since this has occurred, people like you seem to think that this is the best that Ponder is capable of. You've personally been biased against the kid for a VERY long time.

You can cry all you want to about us not being able to draft the next Peyton Manning. Boo hoo. Do you know how rare it is to be able to get a QB that good? You're going to find out when we see this year's draft class and only one QB that comes out is any good (and no, his name won't be Matt Barkley).

In the position we were at in 2011, the decision was made that we needed to draft and develop a QB, Ponder was the best man we could get for the job. This is what can happen when you try to develop a QB, there will be ups and there will be downs. If the people who make decisions on this team are as weak-kneed as some of the fans on here, we'll never win a Super Bowl and never develop a young QB and never accomplish much of anything. When the going gets tough, quit. That's the way championships are won.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Hey cheesefree you know what Ponder should do? I say when the season is over i think Ponder should call Brett Favre and here is why.

Brett Favre is a legend who has won a superbowl and won many other awards. Brett was young once and he knows what Ponder is going thru. Ponder and Brett should work together during the offseason. Kind of like what Carter and Moss had when Moss was a rookie. Favre can give Ponder pointers and advice of the big and small things. A legend like Favre helping Ponder would help him in a great way. What do you think

46 TACKLES/2 SACKS
    (Season Stats)

vCash
    Favre had no interest in working with any of his past backups, what says he would want to now as in teach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber16 View Post
    Favre had no interest in working with any of his past backups, what says he would want to now as in teach.
    Ponder was never a backup to Favre

46 TACKLES/2 SACKS
    (Season Stats)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    Hey cheesefree you know what Ponder should do? I say when the season is over i think Ponder should call Brett Favre and here is why.

Brett Favre is a legend who has won a superbowl and won many other awards. Brett was young once and he knows what Ponder is going thru. Ponder and Brett should work together during the offseason. Kind of like what Carter and Moss had when Moss was a rookie. Favre can give Ponder pointers and advice of the big and small things. A legend like Favre helping Ponder would help him in a great way. What do you think
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber16 View Post
    Favre was never keen on developing guys to replace him and was pretty pissed off to see the Packers draft Rodgers because it did precisely dick to help him win now.

That said Favre has worked out with Joe Webb, Ryan Perrilloux, Jason Campbell and since he has retired Colt McCoy as well. Favre wold definitely be a guy for him to sit down with and talk to. I just really wish we had Sage on the sidelines for stuff like that. Sure Sage didn't really have a career to write home about but he is a good decision maker and would have a great critique of Ponder's game. I could see Favre having cold feet though because since he's retired he has been trying to mend fences with the cheeseheads, that's where 90% of the additional $ he makes is going to come from when it comes to memorabilia and appearances.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash

vCash
    Sota4ever has to be related to Ponder. He is full of excuses for the guy. At least 100% cheesefree admits that Ponder is part of the problem. I don't think its all on Ponder however I would give him at least 65% of the blame. Lets just hope this is a mirage and he turns it around b/c if not we really missed out on some good players.

vCash
    Haha, look over all my posts again buddy. I have absolutely put blame on Ponder, but I have to sit here in defend him because people like you are blaming him for everything. Of course Ponder is part of the problem when you only complete 11 passes and miss open receivers, you will be part of the problem. But there is no way in hell I would ever put 65% of the blame on Ponder and I have no idea how anyone can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post

The monumental ignorance of what you just said is downright shameful. I'm embarrassed that you call yourself a Vikings' fan and root for the same team I do. The only thing I'm lowering my expectations on is your ability to understand the game of football. We would not have drafted Ponder if Spielman, Frazier and Musgrave didn't think that he could win a Super Bowl. Ponder would have been drafted by the Dolphins in the first round or quite possibly by the Bills or Bengals in the 2nd had he still have been available. Despite what the talking heads say, this reach business is idiotic.

There is something WRONG with how he is playing now, he's not able to do things that he HAS done earlier in the season, missing simple short and medium passes that were his bread and butter earlier. Playing his best football there is no reason at all Ponder can't lead this team. He has before and we've won games because of it. He's in a slump right now, because of factors that are both up to him AND outside of his control. That's the most baffling thing is that since this has occurred, people like you seem to think that this is the best that Ponder is capable of. You've personally been biased against the kid for a VERY long time.

You can cry all you want to about us not being able to draft the next Peyton Manning. Boo hoo. Do you know how rare it is to be able to get a QB that good? You're going to find out when we see this year's draft class and only one QB that comes out is any good (and no, his name won't be Matt Barkley).

In the position we were at in 2011, the decision was made that we needed to draft and develop a QB, Ponder was the best man we could get for the job. This is what can happen when you try to develop a QB, there will be ups and there will be downs. If the people who make decisions on this team are as weak-kneed as some of the fans on here, we'll never win a Super Bowl and never develop a young QB and never accomplish much of anything. When the going gets tough, quit. That's the way championships are won.
    Oh my I can always tell when Ponder is sucking , It's when ole cheesefree bashes on iowavike.
    Get a f--ing sense of humor. Not all post on here are 100% serious, especially mine.
    You'd be the guy on the Titanic saying be calm people, there's no way this ship can sink.
    You're right, I've never been high on Ponder like you have. Do I really look that stupid now?
    Doe's it make those of us that disagree with you about Ponder bad Viking fans. I think not. If anything we want to win even more. And that might mean changes need to be made.
    You think Ponder is really something special, I don't. One of us is going to be right and one of us is going to be wrong. Right now I'm betting on my position.

vCash
    With your position you would have been wrong about Eli and Alex Smith probably.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    With your position you would have been wrong about Eli and Alex Smith probably.
    And Tjack would still be our QB for the next several years with your position.
    Eli, and Alex had better mechanics, Didn't miss seeing the open receivers like Ponder does. Ponder can't throw down the field with much of any consistancy. He can't even make a short throw now.
    He seems to be afraid to throw a 20yd. pass. With good reason.
    Even when he was playing better at the beginning of the year, it was bubble screens to Percy which he broke for huge gains. The defence and AP were carrying this team.
    I heard alot about his no interceptions those first 4 games. Fact is he had at least 1 easy pick dropped in each of those games and most or all would've been pick sixes.

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast