Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Cordarrelle Patterson Thread (The Flash!)

Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Vikings
    Apr 25 - 11:30 PM
    Vikings traded up to select Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson with the No. 29 overall pick, sending the Nos. 52, 83, 102, and 229 overall picks to the Patriots.

Patterson (6-foot-1 7/8, 216) spent just one season at Division I after a JUCO transfer, catching 46 balls for 778 yards (16.9 YPR) and five scores. Used in the backfield and on special teams, Patterson set Tennessee's single-season record for all-purpose yards (1,858), adding three touchdowns as a ball carrier and two on returns. Patterson is an athletic freak with insane after-catch elusiveness, but he's still learning to run routes with confidence and precision. At the Combine, Patterson ran a 4.42 forty with a 37-inch vertical and 10-foot-8 broad jump. Patterson is the explosive receiver the Vikings badly needed after trading away Percy Harvin. He'll likely slide in as the starter opposite Greg Jennings, ahead of Jerome Simpson.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football?rw=1

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero

Spielman says Patterson could be #Vikings kick and punt returner as well.

Spielman: Patterson can do "just as much and more than Percy can as a returner." Hoo boy.

Spielman says Patterson was the only player they'd trade back into first for.
    Overview

Patterson came to the Volunteers in 2012 as one of the top junior college prospects in the nation after setting 13 program records during his time at Hutchinson Community College in Kansas.

He proceeded to put together a first-team All-SEC coaches selection resume in 2012 after becoming the first NCAA player since 2008 to record a touchdown four different ways in the same since.

Patterson set an SEC single-season record with a combined kickoff and punt return average of 27.6 yards, and set a Tennessee record with 1,858 all-purpose yards.

While Patterson is a bit of a raw athlete who needs to refine his route-running, he is a versatile playmaker who will bring big-time return skills to the NFL.

Patterson has as high a ceiling as any wide receiver in the draft, but projections vary among teams due to his inconsistency as a route-runner and some troubles with drops during the pre-draft process.

There is no questioning his size/speed combo after Patterson ran a blistering 4.33-second 40-yard dash at the Scouting Combine.

Analysis

STRENGTHS: Patterson has a solidly-built frame with good height and length. He is a fluid athlete with good initial burst and strength to release to the inside and gain separation in single coverage. Patterson knows how to create with excellent vision, controlled footwork and speed, showing excellent change of direction and a strong plant foot to make elusive, sharp cuts.

He has a natural feel with the ball in his hands, making defenders miss with quickness to weave through defenses. Patterson is tough, confident ballcarrier and runs with the belief that no one can tackle him, powering through arm tackles and allowing defenders to slide off of him.

He has very good strength for the position to use his body, box out defenders and make contested grabs, out-muscling defensive backs. Patterson has quick hands and natural adjustment skills to make impressive catches on off-target throws. His coaches rave about his football intelligence and his competitive nature, playing focused and fiery.

Patterson has been extremely productive at both the JUCO level and Tennessee, setting over a dozen school records at Hutchinson C.C. including career receptions (113), career receiving yards (1,832) and career total touchdowns (36). He was also productive in track at the JUCO level with a 10.33 100-meter dash and 22' long jump.

Patterson finished second on the team in receiving in 2012 and set a new Tennessee record for all-purpose yards (1,858), leading the team with 10 touchdowns (5 receiving, 3 rushing, 1 punt return and 1 kick return).

WEAKNESSES: Patterson is still developing as a route-runner and will tip his patterns at times. He is a natural hands-catcher, but will have some concentration lapses and drop some easy ones, running before securing the reception.

Patterson needs to scale back his physicality downfield, often extending his arms downfield against tight coverage and getting away with some push-offs. He has a bad habit of stopping his feet when running room isn't there, always searching for the home run instead of taking what's there.

Patterson has made some mistakes on punt returns, allowing the ball to go over his head or catching the punt too close to the goal line. He has just one year of experience at the FBS-level, albeit a productive one season.

COMPARES TO: Mix of Dwayne Bowe, Kansas City Chiefs and Nate Burleson, Detroit Lions - Patterson has a similar frame and physical downfield nature as Bowe with the speed and quickness of Burleson to contribute as a return man.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...elle-patterson
    Last edited by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS; 04-26-2013 at 04:45 PM.

vCash
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

vCash
    awesome. floyd, rhodes, and coradelle. was a lot to trade, but great job rick! fkn awesome night tonight

ACE
    2-2
    5.19 ERA
    26.0 IP
    27 K
    1.27 WHIP

vCash
    the best draft ever!

vCash
    My favorite player in the draft, i have been on record saying so. I am so happy!

vCash
    We gave up a ton but wow. We end up with probably the most physically gifted WR in the draft plus two other great picks with Floyd and Rhodes. I wanted Ogletree really bad but damn nobody can complain about this draft. Great work by Spielman and company.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    We may have given up alot of picks but when you look at what we got for it!?

I'm not complaining, I hope hope hope these guys will live up to their status!

vCash
    @TomPelissero: Spielman: Patterson can do "just as much and more than Percy can as a returner." Hoo boy.

Wow Rick went there...

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Time to teach Cordarelle how to run those routes, Greg! I'm so happy with this draft. I just hope we can find a MLB in what? the 4th round??

vCash
    Guess there is no need to watch draft tomorrow.

vCash
    I was panicking that our pick was going to be Teo. I feel a lot better that we gave up the picks for Patterson rather than Teo. But then we could easily have given up a 2nd to move up for Floyd; a 3rd/4th/7th then sounds like a steal for Patterson.

Skol Vikings.

vCash
    Damn, I'm kinda scared we got him..hopefully he doesn't turn out like Williamson.
    Pull your 84's out!

vCash
    HATE this pick.. This guy is way too immature to be worthy of a first round pick. His talent is undeniable but the question is is he coachable? If Greg Jennings can mentor him and teach him how to play receiver the right way and how to conduct himself, then this will be a great pick, but I just don't think that is going to happen. Rick gave up way too much for this guy. We needed a guy that knows how to play the position and how to get separation; this guy is just too raw. But whatever, we got my favorite player in the draft in Sharrif Floyd so I'm happy

vCash
    horrible trade when you see the WRs who will be available at 52....Woods, Allen, Hunter, Williams, Patton, Bailey all still available

BWALL & QUIK FIX THIS MESS
    PSD Mock Draft
    1. Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
    2. Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech
    3. Cody Latimer WR Indiana

vCash
    He's a riskly player but if there is a guy that does compare to Harvin this guy is it. Explosive and a very high ceiling. I expect us to use him like we did Harvin. Did we give up too much? Ya maybe but this is a 1st Rd talent. We'l find out in a few years but I like the trade on paper right now.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast