Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 65
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,699
    vCash
    1500

    Confession is good for the soul....

    His game disapeared inexplicably in the nba. Ait even worth arguin anymore.... When evan plays a good game ( preferably at least a week long stretch of games) we can revisit this topic.


    gotta pay the troll toll

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,772
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    What I can't get is that he had a solid mid range jumper from HS come up so what's the big difference now? Is it mechanics? Is it competition? Is it mental? Is it all those things put together or something else?
    His mid range jumper is still good. Look at the numbers. Despite being flat, it's still going in.
    His FG% is low because he relies on the midrange jumper instead of getting to higher % shots at the rim, and he doesn't get fouled, not because he's not hitting the midrange jumper.
    His TS% is low because he can't shoot threes and (because he doesn't get to the rim) doesn't get to the line much.

    His problem isn't how well his mid range jumper goes down. It just isn't. It would be great if it went down more, same as any player, but that's not what ET's big offensive problem is.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,680
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    His mid range jumper is still good. Look at the numbers. Despite being flat, it's still going in.
    His FG% is low because he relies on the midrange jumper instead of getting to higher % shots at the rim, and he doesn't get fouled, not because he's not hitting the midrange jumper.
    His TS% is low because he can't shoot threes and (because he doesn't get to the rim) doesn't get to the line much.

    His problem isn't how well his mid range jumper goes down. It just isn't. It would be great if it went down more, same as any player, but that's not what ET's big offensive problem is.
    Yes, and I think one of the reasons he relies on that mid range jumper (besides the fact that he can't shoot 3s) is because he isn't able to get the rim as consistently as he did in college.

    There are cases where he obviously settles, but I think he also struggles against NBA length and athleticism. If he did focus on getting to the rim more, it would still help though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13


  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,772
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    Yes, and I think one of the reasons he relies on that mid range jumper (besides the fact that he can't shoot 3s) is because he isn't able to get the rim as consistently as he did in college.

    There are cases where he obviously settles, but I think he also struggles against NBA length and athleticism. If he did focus on getting to the rim more, it would still help though.
    Absolutely. I think part of it is likely that, as reptar has said a thousand times, he just isn't quick enough to get there and draw fouls consistently.
    I also think part of it is coaching and the team's system, though - because it isn't just him. As a team last season, we were dead last in percentage of shot attempts at the rim, 11th from 3-9ft, wayy out in 1st from 10-15ft, 4th from 16-23ft, and 26th from 3. As a team we settle for the midrange and don't take the more efficient shots at the rim and from deep.
    Part of that is no doubt because of personnel - our center was Spencer Hawes, and we have guys like ET and Jodie who just don't get there, etc. But part of it is also coaching and the system. Two guys in particular - Jrue and ET - desperately need to attack the rim and get to the line more, to the extent I'd say it's the most important thing in either of their development, and they should have a coach in their ear about it constantly, but they just don't. There just doesn't seem to be an emphasis amongst the coaching staff on getting guys there or to the three point line, and both our offense and our players suffer for it.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,095
    vCash
    1500
    Andrew Bynum. He can score at the rim.
    Last edited by Reptar; 11-05-2012 at 06:08 PM.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raised in Mt. Airy
    Posts
    30,021
    vCash
    1500
    With Richardson out, watch Turner have a very good game and this thread turn around again

    To be honest once we acquired Bynum I was all for a Turner + for a scoring wing swap. He isn't nationally known as a future role player yet, some still think he has all star potential. We know what he is because we've seen him for 3 years + multiple training camps and preseasons. Like someone else said his best asset is his defensive rebounding ability. Come on man.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,095
    vCash
    1500
    I thought the cat was out of the bag and nobody wants Turner? I'm pretty sure FNM was the last Turner fanboy alive.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raised in Mt. Airy
    Posts
    30,021
    vCash
    1500
    Locally, not nationally.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,914
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    Evan is what he is he's not showing the ability to ever be a star player in the NBA but IMO he's a serviceable starter on the wing if he can hit a damn jumper and play D on a consistent enough basis. Its just two games into the season lets at least let 20-40 games or so play before we write him off. He can go for back to back 20 and 10 outings and you guys will be singing a different tune.

    Give it time gentlemen. Evan will never be an all star based on what we know right now and conventional wisdom but that doesn't mean we relegate him to the bench without giving him a solid opportunity as a starter. Evan playing this bad may be a blessing in disguise given the type of contracts dudes have been getting these days. I still believe he'll be a solid two way starter in this league for years to come.

    I AM NOT GIVING UP!
    I haven't given up completely...but very discouraged....hope Evan chage my thoughts....smh
    Big ups to Phins1983 for the Sig!!!


  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,864
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixerlover View Post
    Locally, not nationally.
    Maybe nationally too.

    What about internationally? Let's ship him off to Turkey or something.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raised in Mt. Airy
    Posts
    30,021
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Maybe nationally too.

    What about internationally? Let's ship him off to Turkey or something.
    Trade him for a couple 15 year old Spanish prospects??


  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    3,070
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Kevin martin is better than eric gordon. And as for age, martin is 29 and prob not likely to decline athletically over the next 3-4 years based on his game.
    No no and again no

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Posts
    14,914
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    No no and again no
    When both are healthy on the floor? Its a toss up to be honest. Based on what we've seen from them both thus far in their career it can go either way. I don't think Martin's spacing and superior efficiency makes up for his lack of D but in certain circumstances he'd be more ideal (like his role in OKC) for his team. Gordon is a better defender (top 10 at the SG IMO if healthy) ball handler and passer than Martin. In terms of intangibles I see Gordon as a better leader as well but I'm not really the expert in both players off the floor/locker room presence so I really don't think my opinion on that is as holistic as another's.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    121
    vCash
    1500
    I quote myself.... Worst decision ever was to put our hopes to Evan Turner. Come on guys, Jrue and Thad will have a better career than this guy! We should have trade him + Brand for Bynum, not Iggy. Our future is on holiday and young, NOT on Turner. You can see it in his face that he cant do better than this!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    3,070
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by alexis-9 View Post
    I quote myself.... Worst decision ever was to put our hopes to Evan Turner. Come on guys, Jrue and Thad will have a better career than this guy! We should have trade him + Brand for Bynum, not Iggy. Our future is on holiday and young, NOT on Turner. You can see it in his face that he cant do better than this!
    1. that trade wouldnt have worked
    2.your vastly overrating Thad if you think he will ever be notibly better than what he is now
    3. no ones hopes where squarely on Turner He Bynum and Jrue are all of huge importance
    4. posts like this dont make this easier for anyone if anything it stesses us all out that much more

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •