Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexis-9 View Post
    I quote myself.... Worst decision ever was to put our hopes to Evan Turner. Come on guys, Jrue and Thad will have a better career than this guy! We should have trade him + Brand for Bynum, not Iggy. Our future is on holiday and young, NOT on Turner. You can see it in his face that he cant do better than this!
    Why in heaven's name would the Lakers make that trade?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    1. he will be an above average starter by the time he hits his prime
    2. we keep him around as a 6th or 7th man and a damn good one

you guys are talking like he shouldn't be in the nba at all

I cant believe im sitting here defending turner but you people are Reacting way too crazily Small sample sizes people
    Small sample size? Turner is in his 3rd year and is now 24 years old. If there is any upside left it is minuscule at best.

Is it possible that Turner suddenly learns how to shoot? Finish/create in the paint? Lead? Get faster so he can keep up with athletic 2's & 3's? I guess anything is possible, but I wouldn't bet on it. The Sixers would be wise to find a team that is dumb enough to overpay for Turner.

vCash

Confession is good for the soul....

A lot of his mistakes are mental, so i think he can still improve quite a bit.... He doesnt play under control, so if he ever settles down id be curious to see how his game changes

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexis-9 View Post
    I quote myself.... Worst decision ever was to put our hopes to Evan Turner. Come on guys, Jrue and Thad will have a better career than this guy! We should have trade him + Brand for Bynum, not Iggy. Our future is on holiday and young, NOT on Turner. You can see it in his face that he cant do better than this!
    I echo the same disagreement.....Thad? I'll give you Jrue, but ET was more valuable than Thad in the post season in his 2nd season in the NBA. And it wasn't even close. Thad is a better player with this coach at the bigger size he is at now. But even at the bigger size, at best he might equal ET's post season value from last season despite many more years in the NBA. Thad is an undersized stretch 4, who doesn't stretch the defense. He's a less long and less leapy version of another undersized PF named Faried. Thad as part of the rotation can help a team win a lot of regular season games. That's about it. Lavoy and Hawes are both more valuable in either the playoffs or in crunch time.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    Remember when i posted a thread about trading the 2nd overall pick and brand to move back in the draft to take cousins or favors and you all blew it up telling me i know nothing about basketball???

TOLD YAAA SOOOOOOO

vCash
    I still have high hopes for Evan Turner (the player, not the poster )...he had a good game in game 3. Let's see if he can improve.

vCash
    Lance Stephenson is going to be better than Evan Turner. Bold. But I'm saying it.
    2 years younger, same type of player. Lance can shoot better, is more athletic and as of now plays with 5x more passion. His freshman season was pretty darn respectable, any other Big East FOY would have been taken in the 1rst. Character/maturity issues lead to him sliding to the 2nd. If Lance stayed an extra season, matured and had a good year would have pulled a Dion Waiters stock raise top 5 pick. Keep in mind if Dion came out after his fr year he wouldn't even have been signed as an undrafted FA. Larry Bird has really helped his game from a mental aspect, could have been one of those arrogant busts who never made it (Lenny Cook) Bird has even gone on record stating Lance was the best talent/player on the team. Reminds me awfully of Jermaine O'neal back with the Blazers. Move Turner for Lance, throw in and a first or something at the deadline. Gives you same type of production for 6x less the price
    Last edited by LongLiveIverson; 11-07-2012 at 01:05 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akay511 View Post
    Remember when i posted a thread about trading the 2nd overall pick and brand to move back in the draft to take cousins or favors and you all blew it up telling me i know nothing about basketball???

TOLD YAAA SOOOOOOO
    Probably no one took more heat than me when I proposed trading down.....but including Brand's somewhat immoveable contract in the deal would have been somewhere between very difficult and impossible. Trading down probably could not and should not have included moving Brand in tandem.

vCash

I dont know how anyone could have predicted turners game completely deteriorating the way it did. Yea, i know some people said it... But seems more like a lucky prediction of a few peoe than anything else.

As for cousins, i still dont want him for turner.... Hes the kind of guy u wont be able to won with until he gets his head on straight, but hes a guy someones gonna pay.... Dodge a bullet there.

Favors.... I liked him, but turner was a much more polished basketball player.

Retrospect is a *****.

Go back to 1995 and draft kevin garnett and then AI or kobe in 96... Lol.

I stand by right moves at the right time..... Evan turner was a concencus number 2 pick.... Its not like we were the only ones who liked turner

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    I dont know how anyone could have predicted turners game completely deteriorating the way it did. Yea, i know some people said it... But seems more like a lucky prediction of a few peoe than anything else.

As for cousins, i still dont want him for turner.... Hes the kind of guy u wont be able to won with until he gets his head on straight, but hes a guy someones gonna pay.... Dodge a bullet there.

Favors.... I liked him, but turner was a much more polished basketball player.

Retrospect is a *****.

Go back to 1995 and draft kevin garnett and then AI or kobe in 96... Lol.

I stand by right moves at the right time..... Evan turner was a concencus number 2 pick.... Its not like we were the only ones who liked turner
    It was not the right pick at the time. It was kind of predictable. I painted out the reasons why then. You just disagreed. There is once in awhile this thing called, "My bad, I was wrong."

vCash

Of course i was wrong. But saying that NOW is easy.

But the concencus was also wrong.... Just about every team would have taken turner at 2.

We should have obviously traded down for derrick favors looking back.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Of course i was wrong. But saying that NOW is easy.

But the concencus was also wrong.... Just about every team would have taken turner at 2.

We should have obviously traded down for derrick favors looking back.
    When it comes to the number 2 pick, the consensus is usually wrong. That's the history of the NBA. And that's why unless you have a huge ceiling talent at number 2, you instead trade the pick.

You can add Cousins and George to that list. Cousins, I know about his issues. I also know that he has more trade value than ET because he's a talented young big. Which is what I predicted at the time. Don't forget, you'd get Cousins or George and xtra value on top because we were trading down. There is an outside chance we could have gotten both of them if a few brain cells were rubbed together.....but one of two plus xtra value would have been nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    Probably no one took more heat than me when I proposed trading down.....but including Brand's somewhat immoveable contract in the deal would have been somewhere between very difficult and impossible. Trading down probably could not and should not have included moving Brand in tandem.
    Gm was right Paul George would have been money. It was no guarantee we could trade down and get favors or cousins. I would have just drafted favors at two. Him and jrue would probably be an awesome tandem by now. Growing together under Collins and such.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Gm was right Paul George would have been money. It was no guarantee we could trade down and get favors or cousins. I would have just drafted favors at two. Him and jrue would probably be an awesome tandem by now. Growing together under Collins and such.
    Half of the Kings organization was desperate to not draft Cousins. And they generally make clueless decisions. If I remember correctly, they also had xtra picks in the draft. They would have gladly traded the pick for either ET or Favors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    It was not the right pick at the time IMO. It was kind of predictable. I painted out the reasons why then. You just disagreed. There is once in awhile this thing called, "My bad, I was wrong."
    Just thought I'd fix that for ya.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast