Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Confession is good for the soul....

As one of the biggest supporters and advocates for Evan Turner in this Sixer forum since he was drafted out of Ohio St....I must now confess that my hope and belief for this kid has grown very weary...For his 3rd year & now as a starter I see no drive and passion in him to want to be that guy...At this point in time I am now open to listening to any deals that may be made for him. Nonetheless...I give him until about game 15 to show us something of significance...but I am seriously doubtful that we will experience anything substantial from his play. Evan I really thought you would get it together bro...you have disappointed me....Ok haters...bring the noise now.....
    Big ups to Phins1983 for the Sig!!!

vCash
    There. There. Now.
    Keep your head up. Hey at least faried is nice and YOU CALLED it bro.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Nothing to really be sorry about. When we drafted Turner, everyone had high hopes. He was the naismith award winner and seemed to be legit. He may not have had the highest upside available in the draft at that point, but he was suppose to be the safe pick. The most NBA ready.

Unfortunately, the flaws we thought to be fixable, and that weren't exposed as much by his college competition, have stayed with him and don't appear to being going anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash

Ugh, fnm, i wish he was what we needed so bad!

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash

Ill add that i hope this means ull be postinf more often now fnm

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Man, there really has been a fast and severe swing in opinions of ET in the last month or so. I feel like I've gone from the lower end of the ET optimism rankings to the very top end just by having the same opinion on him.
    I'm guessing (assuming ET continues along the same path) we'll see a pretty big tide of public opinion against him for a while followed by settling somewhere in the middle, as people are angry at the realization at first but then accept him for what he is.
    Last edited by bholly; 11-04-2012 at 11:06 PM.

vCash
    Honestly Hydro..I have grown kind of tired of the forum...its just aint the same bro! I won't go in the details of it all because I dont want anybody catching unecessary girly feelings but it just aint the same...but most of you guys are good with me...I'll be around.
    Last edited by FNM BOY; 11-04-2012 at 11:09 PM.

vCash
    btw, when exactly did you have this realization? what pushed you over the edge?

vCash
    We all hoped he would be good at one point, it just took some of you a lot longer to realize the truth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    btw, when exactly did you have this realization? what pushed you over the edge?
    At points during training camp...didnt like what i was hearing...then these 2 games to start the season...just dont see that spark or any difference from his game last year....smh...very disappointed....

vCash
    Evan is still a serviceable NBA player. He isn't a star or a legit scoring option, but he can bring things to the team in a rotational role. Rebounding, solid defense, a good ball-handler, and the occasional scoring bursts.

The talents he had in college still exist, its just that his weaknesses offensively, hold back his entire game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash

They shouldnt have picked up his option.... Thats 10mil of cap space they pissed away

Aka a kevin martin FA signing
    Last edited by BChydro86; 11-04-2012 at 11:29 PM.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Once he's off our roster I doubt he ever gets consistent NBA minutes again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    They shouldnt have picked up his option.... Thats 10mil of cap space they pissed away

Aka a kevin martin FA signing
    Why are you so far up kevin martins ***?!! you wanna talk about how we shouldnt have spent 10~11 mill on Jrue and that if bynum doesnt play we need a star and Kevin martin is your plan? Age and injury history? the money hes going to make like it or not? it doesn't seem like i player you would get behind

vCash
    Also its 2 games into the season People have been screaming since we drafted him give it time he will be ready in his 3rd year well its his 3rd year and not a single person is giving him a chance Ive never been a strong turner supporter but lets at least get 20 games or so into the season before we say things like we shouldn't have picked up his option or he doesn't deserve to start/get consistent minutes. What is with the manic highs and lows regarding this kid? you Shouldn't have expected him to be an All star at any point to begin with. theres a reason he was seen as a *safe pick* that allmost always ensures a good player almost never an allstar.
    as i said i belive Turner will follow down 1 of 2 paths
    1. he will be an above average starter by the time he hits his prime
    2. we keep him around as a 6th or 7th man and a damn good one

you guys are talking like he shouldn't be in the nba at all

I cant believe im sitting here defending turner but you people are Reacting way too crazily Small sample sizes people

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast