Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 85BearsDefense View Post
    Not run D friend and probably not 3rd down percentage... good thing forced turnovers dont matter also Bears PPG is #2 while 49ers is #1. Add one more thing yards DO NOT matter at all.
    49ers Run D: 3.6 YPC, 87.4 YPG, 2 TD
    Bears Run D: 4.3 YPC, 88.0 YPG, 2 TD

So pretty close but 49ers Run D has been better.

49ers D is slightly better on 3rd Downs aswell.

I never said turnovers don't matter but the 49ers are allowing less PPG against better opponents so i don't think its very accurate to come right out and say the Bears are the best defense team.
    Last edited by odiz; 11-05-2012 at 12:33 AM.
    THE BAY IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by odiz View Post

I never said turnovers don't matter but the 49ers are allowing less PPG against better opponents so i don't think its very accurate to come right out and say the Bears are the best defense.
    those numbers are squed thanks to cj2k running for 90 on our 2nd team defense.

vCash

I never said turnovers don't matter but the 49ers are allowing less PPG against better opponents so i don't think its very accurate to come right out and say the Bears are the best defense team.
    I think it is when you look at the whole picture. The Bears are very good in almost every defensive category, and they lead the league in takeaways and defensive TD's. Having a defense that scores more than some offenses is not something that happens often.
    Last edited by DaBear; 11-05-2012 at 12:44 AM.

vCash
    Yea, look at pt differential for games played. The bears have blown several teams out and garbage time affects the numbers a bit. Both defenses are great. But the forced turnovers and pts on defense is what separates them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 85BearsDefense View Post
    those numbers are squed thanks to cj2k running for 90 on our 2nd team defense.
    You could say the same thing about the 100 yards Bradshaw and Wilson ran up against us in Week 6. They were facing mainly backups in the 4th quarter when the game was already decided.
    THE BAY IS BACK

vCash
    The defense is obviously great. There is a lot of season left, and some of the best defensive players are not so young anymore, so we'll see if there is any slip, but thus far they've been incredible.

The offense seems pretty limited though. I haven't been paying close attention to see how other defenses have played them, but it seems that the way Green Bay played against them with just putting a safety over whoever was covering Marshall is a great way to limit them. Maybe they've found a way around that though by now. Otherwise, their offense is not very dangerous.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1127 View Post
    I think it is when you look at the whole picture. The Bears are very good in almost every defensive category, and they lead the league in takeaways and defensive TD's. Having a defense that scores more than some offenses is not something that happens often.
    Thats because its not sustainable. Ill leave it at that, im not trying to bad mouth the Bears. I think both defenses are great i just dont know if you can come out and say that one is outright better then the other.
    THE BAY IS BACK

vCash
    Right now yes they are the class of the NFC. Things can obviously change over the course of time but at this very second they are my pick to win the NFC.

Catches: 8 Yards: 80 TDs: 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    The defense is obviously great. There is a lot of season left, and some of the best defensive players are not so young anymore, so we'll see if there is any slip, but thus far they've been incredible.

The offense seems pretty limited though. I haven't been paying close attention to see how other defenses have played them, but it seems that the way Green Bay played against them with just putting a safety over whoever was covering Marshall is a great way to limit them. Maybe they've found a way around that though by now. Otherwise, their offense is not very dangerous.
    They've been playing Marshall in the slot now and he's been able to beat the safety help. Like everybody has said, next 2 weeks will decide but hopefully they can handle the Texans at Soldier Field and end speculation.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1990 View Post
    Our defense is incredible. As a whole, our offense is what will hold this team back.

Our line is horrid, running game is inconsistent along with our passing game much of the time.

7-1 is a great start and we will probably be playoff bound, but we have a long way to go to not only win this division, but be dangerous in the playoffs.
    Agreed. The offense isn't what I expected with M Bush/Marshall being added. Cutler has been inconsistent as well. If the O-Line can even be just average, and Mike Tice gets better with in-game adjustments to help out the passing game, watch out.
    Props to VCU4LIFEGOVIKS for the sig

vCash
    I'd personally rather see us beat San Fran over Houston if we split.

Conference record and a head to head tie breaker is more important. With that being said, it seems more likely it being the other way around.

We will see.
    No ideas for the moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    The offense is still a concern to most Bears fans I think. There's a ton of potential there with Cutler, Forte & Marshall, but they've been very, very inconsistent. They seem to play really tight early on, then loosen up if the D forces a turnover and play much better in the 2nd half.

I think we all need to remember that it's a new offensive system (3rd time in 4 years for most of these guys), Mike Tice's first time as an OC and the O-line kinda limits the big play ability at times.
    Thats because its not sustainable. Ill leave it at that, im not trying to bad mouth the Bears. I think both defenses are great i just dont know if you can come out and say that one is outright better then the other.
    The TD's probably aren't sustainable, but the turnovers are. This isn't something new for a Lovie Smith led defense.

Even if the TO's don't go for points immediately, it gives a struggling offense a short field to work with and at the very least pins the other team deep on their next possession.

I'm not going to discredit the Niners D one bit though, they're right there with the Bears. Both are ridiculously good and I don't think the next team (probably the Seahawks) is even that close in comparison.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    The offense is still a concern to most Bears fans I think. There's a ton of potential there with Cutler, Forte & Marshall, but they've been very, very inconsistent. They seem to play really tight early on, then loosen up if the D forces a turnover and play much better in the 2nd half.

I think we all need to remember that it's a new offensive system (3rd time in 4 years for most of these guys), Mike Tice's first time as an OC and the O-line kinda limits the big play ability at times.

The TD's probably aren't sustainable, but the turnovers are. This isn't something new for a Lovie Smith led defense.

Even if the TO's don't go for points immediately, it gives a struggling offense a short field to work with and at the very least pins the other team deep on their next possession.

I'm not going to discredit the Niners D one bit though, they're right there with the Bears. Both are ridiculously good and I don't think the next team (probably the Seahawks) is even that close in comparison.
    The Bears vs Niners game is going to be absolutely frustrating to watch. Starting to wonder if it would be better to watch on TV than being there...
    No ideas for the moment.

vCash
    I'm not a fan of either Atlanta or Chicago... But there's no denying the results. They're both winning and that's all you can ask. I just personally think neither is all that intimidating come playoff time, and I'd bet on New York, San Fran, and Green Bay over either of those teams every time.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Time will tell.

When it comes to the Bears offense however, Cutler's been underrated this year. His numbers aren't stellar but he has definitely been the most consistent piece the last 4 games or so. Much more often than not, its his offensive line and WRs who are failing him.

The difference between a lethargic bears offense and a good Bears offense, is whether or not their oline and WRs can keep up with Jay's level of play. He is a better QB this season as a Bear than any former season as a Bear. And I cant tell you how weird it is, as a Bears fan, to see the so many great passes he's throwing followed with so many great catches. Jesus if we ever get a healthy Knox back, along with Alshon, that's a crazy good 5 WR set right there.
    Last edited by smiddy012; 11-05-2012 at 02:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwatTeam View Post
    If Lebron can stretch out his arm from half court and dunk on a buzzer beater to beat the monSTARS and save planet Earth from annihilation and forced slavery with Bill Murray and Newman from Seinfeld as his teammates, then he will be considered the GOAT.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast