Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 190
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    782
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    i'd even toss miami in there
    That would be dumb...

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    53,998
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    and why is that? who ahve the giants beaten exactly to put a 3 lose record up against a no lose record and win? one good win against san fran doesn't change the fact that they have 5 wins against just as bad teams as the bears and falcons, one of which could very very very easily ahve been a lose.
    You said it yourself...the San Fran win is more impressive than anything Atlanta or Chicago have done. They've also shown the ability to step their game up in the Playoffs. That's kind of important.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Coral Springs Florida
    Posts
    12,339
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    My personal opinion is they can beat both of these teams before beating the packers. So here's to the packers not making the playoffs! If they do hopefully something changes
    I think if you can beat one of them, its gotta be Houston.. They seem to vary on how well they play each week, though if that were true, then you guys are in for a long night, but Jay Cutler going against SF defense can get scary and I wont be shocked if hes carted off the field. Those division games are always tight and will continue to be s against our teams, but its just Jay always seems to give us the egde.. If he plays well you beat us.. plain and simple.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    782
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    My personal opinion is they can beat both of these teams before beating the packers. So here's to the packers not making the playoffs! If they do hopefully something changes
    Yea, we match up well against Houston and San Fran, very similar teams to us. I am worried about JJ Watt eating Cutler though...

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valencia, California
    Posts
    16,094
    vCash
    4500
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    What does the Bears postseason success have to do with Atlanta's? That wasn't really the point of my post.

    But if you want to point to that, they've generally been pretty successful in the Playoffs under Lovie. 2 NFC Title games & 1 Super Bowl appearance and likely would have made the Playoffs last year if Cutler & Forte don't get hurt (7-3, Wild-Card at the time with a very favorable schedule remaining).

    And they've failed all 3 times...and twice have not only lost, but beaten like a drum. That was my point. It's hard to take a team seriously when they pile up wins like this each year and consistently lose in the Playoffs.
    Here's my thing though:
    And I think to an extent it's unfair to judge Atlanta on past failures when there are two fundamentally huge differences between this Atlanta team and the past Atlanta teams that have failed. Those fundamental differences fall in the coordinators that they have playcalling.

    The playcalling offensively I think has remarkably improved with an OC that has really helped Matt Ryan make a proverbial step forward and with a bit more dynamic offense with the emergence of Julio and Jaquizz Rogers.

    Defensively they have gotten better as well.

    I was probably wrong for bringing up Chicago's postseason track record over the past few seasons, but I think it's both a fair/unfair criticism of the Falcons to bring up past post-season performances when I think they have two largely different dynamics going into this potential post-season.

    There is a rather large difference I think between Matt Ryan of even last year versus the Matt Ryan we are seeing today.

    Brandin Cooks
    Future Baltimore Raven

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    34,812
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by P Harvy:24204131
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    Riiiiight. So making it to the nfc championship game or the superbowl before that equates to "losing usual early in the playoffs."

    That's P Harvy logic, everyone.
    losing is the common denominator here so it doesn't really matter lol
    Along with the common denominator of you spewing nonsense.

    Which was the original point, that your post is factless. I'm well aware that my team lost.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HrtHustleNMscle View Post
    That would be dumb...
    i dont think you realize how bad baltimore has been playing recently
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  8. #158
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valencia, California
    Posts
    16,094
    vCash
    4500
    Quote Originally Posted by HrtHustleNMscle View Post
    Ok, but they were 7-3 last year going into the weakest part of the schedule when Cutler and Forte went down. They were pretty much a lock with those two healthy. Year before that they made NFC championship and lost to the SB champs. Before that Urlacher had a season ending injury which clearly affected our defense. What I'm saying is the years we didn't make it there were key injuries that changed the course of our seasons.
    Don't get me wrong, I understand the impact of potential injuries and especially last year I think that was huge.

    But for the most part, injuries are a part of the game and EVERY team has to face injuries no matter how large in some form or fashion.

    But it can't be an excuse for a lack of success.

    I detailed in my previous post why I think there is an unfair/fair criticism of Atlanta and why I might've been wrong to bring up Chicago, but yeah.

    Brandin Cooks
    Future Baltimore Raven

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Coral Springs Florida
    Posts
    12,339
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    i dont think you realize how bad baltimore has been playing recently
    Not pretty at all

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    You said it yourself...the San Fran win is more impressive than anything Atlanta or Chicago have done. They've also shown the ability to step their game up in the Playoffs. That's kind of important.
    which is negated by three loses to inferior talent, 2 of which were at home. atlanta has certianly be more impressive than new york, especially considering the giants could easily be 5-4 right now. plus past playoff runs ahve no bearing on this year, so thats part is irrelavent
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  11. #161
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    53,998
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketKings View Post
    Here's my thing though:
    And I think to an extent it's unfair to judge Atlanta on past failures when there are two fundamentally huge differences between this Atlanta team and the past Atlanta teams that have failed. Those fundamental differences fall in the coordinators that they have playcalling.

    The playcalling offensively I think has remarkably improved with an OC that has really helped Matt Ryan make a proverbial step forward and with a bit more dynamic offense with the emergence of Julio and Jaquizz Rogers.

    Defensively they have gotten better as well.

    I was probably wrong for bringing up Chicago's postseason track record over the past few seasons, but I think it's both a fair/unfair criticism of the Falcons to bring up past post-season performances when I think they have two largely different dynamics going into this potential post-season.

    There is a rather large difference I think between Matt Ryan of even last year versus the Matt Ryan we are seeing today.
    I definitely agree with that. Matt Ryan's probably the MVP so far, that's how good he's been.

    But I will always have my doubts about this team because of their lack of recent playoff success. Until they make a deep run, or even win a game, they're going to have doubters, that's all I'm saying.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valencia, California
    Posts
    16,094
    vCash
    4500
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I definitely agree with that. Matt Ryan's probably the MVP so far, that's how good he's been.

    But I will always have my doubts about this team because of their lack of recent playoff success. Until they make a deep run, or even win a game, they're going to have doubters, that's all I'm saying.
    I can respect that. I think we both agree in large part, but just arguing for the sake of having some type of argument. :P


    Brandin Cooks
    Future Baltimore Raven

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    53,998
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    which is negated by three loses to inferior talent, 2 of which were at home. atlanta has certianly be more impressive than new york, especially considering the giants could easily be 5-4 right now. plus past playoff runs ahve no bearing on this year, so thats part is irrelavent
    The Falcons could easily be 5-3 or 6-2 if a few things don't go their way against the Raiders, Panthers & Cowboys.

    And I disagree, past playoff runs do hold some bearing. It's not like I'm talking about 10 years ago. This Giants team is not much different than the one last year that barely made the Playoffs and then got hot at the right time (which is all that really matters in the postseason lately).

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    The Falcons could easily be 5-3 or 6-2 if a few things don't go their way against the Raiders, Panthers & Cowboys.

    And I disagree, past playoff runs do hold some bearing. It's not like I'm talking about 10 years ago. This Giants team is not much different than the one last year that barely made the Playoffs and then got hot at the right time (which is all that really matters in the postseason lately).
    the difference is the game im talking for about the giants was a game where dallas turned the ball over 6 times. 6 turnovers and you win becuase of a finger tip out of bounds doesn't insprie any confidence in me what so ever.


    and even without that game, the giants ahve lost 3 games, not of which were to world beaters. the falcons have lsot zero. and lets use past playoff runs if you want. what happened to the last post superbowl giants team? they got romped in the first round.


    hoenstly taking the giants over atlanta right now just means you are living in the past or a giants fans. the falcons are undefeated, give them the respect they deserve. how can youa rgue against a team that hasnt lost as being the class of the NFC?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  15. #165
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    782
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    i dont think you realize how bad baltimore has been playing recently
    So many big injuries. Might be too much to overcome... I thought you were saying you would take MIA over the Bears right now. My bad, misread that.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •