Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Chicago Bears...Class of the NFC?...NFL?

After another typical dominant Chicago Defense/Special Teams game, what do you think of them? It seems a forgone conclusion that they will set the NFL record for defensive touchdowns, are they as good as '85? Their offense still has a lot of questions but I think we can all agree this is the most weapons a Chicago offense has had in a very, very long time. Their schedule has been the third weakest in the NFC, but they have been blowing out a lot of opponents, and as my dad once taught me, good teams beat teams they are supposed to beat, great teams destroy them.

Was watching the Packers game with a bunch of friends today and it seemed that every 6 or 7 minutes there was a highlight coming from the Bears game, so we got to talking about them and I was just wondering what PSD had to say on the issue.
    As always, flame responsibly.

vCash
    Our defense is incredible. As a whole, our offense is what will hold this team back.

Our line is horrid, running game is inconsistent along with our passing game much of the time.

7-1 is a great start and we will probably be playoff bound, but we have a long way to go to not only win this division, but be dangerous in the playoffs.
    No ideas for the moment.

vCash
    Lets see how they play against real teams. Theyre good though.

vCash
    I think theyll win the division too. Unless they fall off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    I think theyll win the division too. Unless they fall off.
    This is in response to both of your posts:

1.) I agree, we are a good football team, but even Bears fans have to wonder how we will fare in these next 2 games, much less the last 8 as a whole.

2.) I wouldn't be so sure they win the division just yet. GB is in form, and we have a rough last 8 games.

We will see, the 49ers game in two weeks should tell a lot more.
    No ideas for the moment.

vCash
    I want to see them beat a team over .500

Their defense is for real, but I can't see them being this damn dominant every single game and forcing all these turnovers. If the Bears D plays like they have been all season they will be nearly impossible to beat.

vCash
    Well, won't make any apologies for beating "bad teams," but these next two games against the Texans and San Francisco should be a good indicator of where we're against some of the upper-tier teams.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Scary.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    With that being said, this is the first year of a new offense and it's definitely been the weak link thus far; if they can start playing a full 4 quarters of offense, the rest of the NFL will put on notice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post

Their defense is for real, but I can't see them being this damn dominant every single game and forcing all these turnovers. If the Bears D plays like they have been all season they will be nearly impossible to beat.
    They already did.

And for the 2nd bolded comment, that's been said since the Cowboys game which was like a month ago..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post

Our first game of the year we destroyed a team that's over .500

You say it can't be this dominant every game... Well they have done it every game so far this season. Wouldn't that lend you to the thinking that's just the way it is?

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    Lets see how they play against real teams. Theyre good though.
    Why is it that the Bears get criticized for beating up on bad teams, but Atlanta's widely considered an elite team and they've played an even softer schedule? At least the Bears beat a 5-3 Colts team, a 4-4 Lions team & a Cowboys team that's as talented as any in the league. Atlanta's had the benefit of playing the 2 worst divisions in football, their own (NFC South) & AFC West.

Anyway, we'll see how good this team is in the next 2 weeks. Just splitting with Houston & San Fran would make me happy.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 11-04-2012 at 09:49 PM.

You can always create a place for yourself.
    vCash
    The bears defense is really good but I am worried about our offense. We just can't win with our defense and special teams. we need some offense from cutler and stop over-dependence on marshall. The next two weeks will tell how good we really are.

I hate to admit but our weakness is the packers. No matter how good we are, we can't seem to overcome them.
    Cubs Bulls Bears Blackhawks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    Our first game of the year we destroyed a team that's over .500

You say it can't be this dominant every game... Well they have done it every game so far this season. Wouldn't that lend you to the thinking that's just the way it is?
    So you really expect the Bears to force the amount of turnovers they have been forcing throughout the whole season?

vCash
    We'll just see what happens in the next 2 weeks. If they win any of the next 2 games they are a top team in the NFL, if they already aren't.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast