Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 133
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    www.hunterpence.com
    Posts
    1,578
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Bolded is false. A pitcher is not always a good pitcher if he always wins.

    If a pitcher continuously throws quality starts almost every time out, he gives his team a much greater chance of winning. But if he's backed by an anemic offense that can barely score runs and he loses the majority of the time that doesn't make him a bad pitcher. On the flip side, if a pitcher allows 4-5 runs a game, but is backed by a lineup like the Yankees a few years back and gets the win, that doesn't make him a good pitcher.

    Wins are irrelevant when judging a pitcher. They should be ignored when doing so.


    This is where u are wrong sfrush90. If u know I have a better chance at winning a game with the pitcher with the higher era u go with the pitcher who will get u the win. U are too concrete. Maybe a pitcher makes the hitters feel more comfortable or whatever strange reason the. Pitcher wins regardless of stats. If a pitcher has won 10 games in a row but gives up 4 a gabe I don't care because at least he's doing enough to win. Maybe his team scored a lot of runs so he pitched just good enough to win. Bit then in a tight game he will give up less. Wins are wins and an example is Robert Horay in the nba. He contributed especially with that shot off of Bibbys deflection. But he also won a ring 7 other times. If I'm a coach I want him over Charles. Winning is winning. The law of attraction is amazing.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    24,264
    vCash
    2500
    No, you're wrong.

    How in the hell do you have a better chance to win with a higher ERA pitcher? You make absolutely no sense.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    16,006
    vCash
    1500
    Wow this is more active than the Giants forum about baseball.

    Over da pence. What thread did u make in the main mlb forum that got deleted? Just curious


    THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

    2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    www.hunterpence.com
    Posts
    1,578
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    W-L's to evaluate a pitcher? Are you sure you are a baseball fan?

    If u were a fan u would know I'm the most unconventional player in the MLB! I got screws loose in my head but I'm a reverend and more importantly a champion! The law of attraction shall never be underestimated! I'm mr unconventional and unorthodox at its finest but I have mojo! Whatever works!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    www.hunterpence.com
    Posts
    1,578
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    No, you're wrong.

    How in the hell do you have a better chance to win with a higher ERA pitcher? You make absolutely no sense.

    Because in the minds of the hitters on his own team they know they need to score more. When lincecum pitched well 2 years ago they thought they didn't need to score. So when u know your teams scoring for u, u are gonna save some of your stuff. U see this is what billy beans and scouts don't realize. And by the way don't overestimate ra ra talk and preaching. Verlander gave up 2 homers to Pablo and was shook. He's a loser. Regular season isn't important because u work your whole life to win a world series. Think about the truths in what I'm saying. It's not how you win it's about winning.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    24,264
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by sf-fanatic View Post
    Wow this is more active than the Giants forum about baseball.

    Over da pence. What thread did u make in the main mlb forum that got deleted? Just curious
    Probably about Zito and Pence being the greatest combo on a team to ever witness since Mel Ott and Carl Hubbell.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    www.hunterpence.com
    Posts
    1,578
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sf-fanatic View Post
    Wow this is more active than the Giants forum about baseball.

    Over da pence. What thread did u make in the main mlb forum that got deleted? Just curious

    Some jerk said the giants aren't one of the better teams we got lucky and I used a bit of profanity. He was making me so worked up.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    24,264
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by Over Da Pence View Post
    Because in the minds of the hitters on his own team they know they need to score more. When lincecum pitched well 2 years ago they thought they didn't need to score. So when u know your teams scoring for u, u are gonna save some of your stuff. U see this is what billy beans and scouts don't realize. And by the way don't overestimate ra ra talk and preaching. Verlander gave up 2 homers to Pablo and was shook. He's a loser. Regular season isn't important because u work your whole life to win a world series. Think about the truths in what I'm saying. It's not how you win it's about winning.
    Well, I stand corrected with what I said in another post. I can't have a conversation with you anymore (I thought I could). It's just back to normal with posts that make no sense and are wrong.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    24,264
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by Over Da Pence View Post
    If u were a fan u would know I'm the most unconventional player in the MLB! I got screws loose in my head but I'm a reverend and more importantly a champion! The law of attraction shall never be underestimated! I'm mr unconventional and unorthodox at its finest but I have mojo! Whatever works!
    Since none of you on here probably know, I'd like to introduce you to the real Hunter Pence.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    www.hunterpence.com
    Posts
    1,578
    vCash
    1500
    Sfrush do u even know what I'm saying? The problem with conventional baseball enthusiasts is they don't pay attention to the big picture. It's not all about the resume it's about who reaches the finish line. Who has the most heart. Hunters speech helped the team win no doubt. Don't just be mathematical be somewhat spiritual. Usually what u do in the regular season doesn't translate to what u do when it counts. What u do when it counts matters. It's like being a hero in an action film. What u do at the end of the movie is what counts the most.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    24,264
    vCash
    2500
    Good night, Hunter. If you can sign my baseball I'll agree with you.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Grand Rapids
    Posts
    395
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    If a pitcher always wins he's a good pitcher

    Quote Originally Posted by Over Da Pence View Post
    Because in the minds of the hitters on his own team they know they need to score more.
    So they try harder?

    Wins/Losses for a pitcher do not mean anything. All the time people pitch great games but there offense doesnt play as well and they get a loss. Other times you can pitch terrible but get the win just because your offense. Plus pitchers nowadays only go 5-6 innings on average and alot can happen in the 3-4 innings they dont pitch.

    Pitchers have no control over run support. Pitchers have no control over plays there defense makes behind them. Pitchers have no control over hwo there bullpen pitches. Using Wins/Losses to evaluate a pitcher is absolutely ridiculous. Using this logic makes Ivan Nova a good player and Cliff Lee a bad one.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Grand Rapids
    Posts
    395
    vCash
    1500
    But staying on topic with the thread... I hope Beans never sees the floor again, he is absolutely pathetic to watch. Actually watch how he plays when he enters games and then tell me he deserves more minutes, the guy is useless.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    16,006
    vCash
    1500
    I would trade Biedrins for a few more bench chairs and maybe another gatorade cooler.


    THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

    2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    21,327
    vCash
    1500
    Wow, OverDaPence in the Warriors forum too?!?







Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •