Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 133
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,714
    vCash
    34875
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriors4lyfe12 View Post
    one thing that everyone is oblivious to the fact is that biedrins actually is the other 7 footer on the team. yes he doesn't make free throws, but his defensive effort and his work on keeping opposing big men off the glass is still very solid. He is a liability at times, but he is probably one of our best pick and roll offensive players. He thrived with Barron Davis and Monta ellis because they were a midrange/outside threat. If they gave curry/thompson the chance to put biedrins in a pick in roll situation, biedrins will get back to his normal self.

    And zito got lucky. In a division that is crap. You play the Astros a million times. you have to win at least a good amount of games
    Actually, he used to be good at offense, now he sucks. Even in the pick and roll.

    Secondly, zito didn't get lucky because he was bad last year. And Astros weren't in his division. It's the other ****** teams.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,013
    vCash
    1500
    I laughed my *** of when he was called off the bench to shoot two free throws after Rush got hurt and couldn't continue... predictably he missed both

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,013
    vCash
    1500
    hating on zito? must not being giants fans. didn't we win lik 13 in a row in his starts??? didn't he go 7-0 to finish the regular season and had 2 amazing starts in key games in the playoffs... 15 win season, hard to say he sucks right now... not saying he's not overpaid, but it's not my money so i could give a rats azz

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,424
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    I laughed my *** of when he was called off the bench to shoot two free throws after Rush got hurt and couldn't continue... predictably he missed both
    it was amazing... combined between the 2 of them (rush and Beidrins) 13 million dollars a year gave us NOTHING out of that play.
    A role model if I ever knew one

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    www.hunterpence.com
    Posts
    1,578
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    It would have been very easy to replace Zito's production. Why is that? Because Zito sucks. I understand you are a homer Giant fan, that's cool, we are all unrealistic about players on our team sometimes.

    Please leave baseball out of the warriors forum it's uncalled for. Casual giants fans don't know baseball at all. Let's pretend the giants replaced Zito but that pitcher wasn't hot against the cards in the nlcs. The giants don't win the world series without Zito. Zito was the giants winningest pitcher in the 2nd half and had a good year so cut your crap please and leave baseball out of this forum. Zito had a comeback and don't tell me u wouldn't be happy if biedrins did the same. If biedrins started scoring 18 a game would you say he sucks or would u be happy? That's what Zito did. Sports fans who are just casual baseball followers are the worst to talk to. Let's just talk warriors on the warriors forum please.
    Last edited by Over Da Pence; 11-05-2012 at 12:37 AM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    www.hunterpence.com
    Posts
    1,578
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by iFYouSeekAmy View Post
    Hunter Pence has a ring. he has to be great
    2 time all star. Until the warriors have a 2 time all star (last was 97) lay low with your sarcasm. It's only fair..

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,774
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriors4lyfe12 View Post
    one thing that everyone is oblivious to the fact is that biedrins actually is the other 7 footer on the team. yes he doesn't make free throws, but his defensive effort and his work on keeping opposing big men off the glass is still very solid. He is a liability at times, but he is probably one of our best pick and roll offensive players. He thrived with Barron Davis and Monta ellis because they were a midrange/outside threat. If they gave curry/thompson the chance to put biedrins in a pick in roll situation, biedrins will get back to his normal self.

    And zito got lucky. In a division that is crap. You play the Astros a million times. you have to win at least a good amount of games
    Do you have any idea what you are talking about regarding Zito? Zito made 2 starts against the Astros and went 0-1 while giving 8 ER in 7.1 IP. So clearly he had to win at least a good amount of games because he was beating the Astros so many times. His BABIP this season was actually above his career average, surprisingly.
    "It's already over. All hopes aside and being only realistic. The Giants won't make the post season with the Dodgers and the Rockies in the same division."
    -rarryronds (06/03/2010 - on the Giants 2010 season)

    "Stephen Curry is not a point guard"
    -asandhu23 (May 5, 2011)

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    15,010
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    hating on zito? must not being giants fans. didn't we win lik 13 in a row in his starts??? didn't he go 7-0 to finish the regular season and had 2 amazing starts in key games in the playoffs... 15 win season, hard to say he sucks right now... not saying he's not overpaid, but it's not my money so i could give a rats azz
    Zito still sucks... get over it.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!


    49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,670
    vCash
    1500
    Zito is still limited, and is overpaid as a 5th starter, but as a 5th starter he's not too bad.

    Zito has better stuff than Sergio Romo and people love Romo at the moment The difference is that Zito is expected to do it for 6 innings not just 1. Zito's starts usually have a few good innings, the problem is that the big bad inning is unpredictable.

    Oh, and I agree that Beans should get more playing time. He can hardly foul more or play worse D than Landry/Lee on 7 footers.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    23,518
    vCash
    2500
    I hate how people bring up, "The Giants won Zito's last 14 starts." So what? It doesn't mean he's a good pitcher. He got the most run support of any starter on the team. He pitched better in September, but wins are irrelevant when judging a pitcher because he really has no control of the outcome unless he pitches shutouts every game. When are people going to realize that? People act like Zito had some great year because he won 15 games. I'm grateful for what he did in St. Louis and in the World Series, but this wasn't even his best year as a Giant. 2009 was.


    Ariana Grande

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,670
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    wins are irrelevant when judging a pitcher because he really has no control of the outcome
    Wins are irrelevant? Tell that to coaches, fans, and to pitchers.

    Starting pitchers get judged on quality starts, wins, WHIP, and ERA, relievers get judged on ERA, good innings, saves, etc. But wins "irrelevant"? Not even close.

    If a pitcher always wins he's a good pitcher, either by pitching or by luck, but a win is a win. If a pitcher always loses then he never holds the other team to less runs than his team can score in the same conditions.

    Wins is not the be all and end all by any means, but it's certainly relevant.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,714
    vCash
    34875
    Quote Originally Posted by Over Da Pence View Post
    Please leave baseball out of the warriors forum it's uncalled for. Casual giants fans don't know baseball at all. Let's pretend the giants replaced Zito but that pitcher wasn't hot against the cards in the nlcs. The giants don't win the world series without Zito. Zito was the giants winningest pitcher in the 2nd half and had a good year so cut your crap please and leave baseball out of this forum. Zito had a comeback and don't tell me u wouldn't be happy if biedrins did the same. If biedrins started scoring 18 a game would you say he sucks or would u be happy? That's what Zito did. Sports fans who are just casual baseball followers are the worst to talk to. Let's just talk warriors on the warriors forum please.
    W-L's to evaluate a pitcher? Are you sure you are a baseball fan?

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,714
    vCash
    34875
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Wins are irrelevant? Tell that to coaches, fans, and to pitchers.

    Starting pitchers get judged on quality starts, wins, WHIP, and ERA, relievers get judged on ERA, good innings, saves, etc. But wins "irrelevant"? Not even close.

    If a pitcher always wins he's a good pitcher, either by pitching or by luck, but a win is a win. If a pitcher always loses then he never holds the other team to less runs than his team can score in the same conditions.

    Wins is not the be all and end all by any means, but it's certainly relevant.
    Not when judging talent. A GM would be fired if he made choices to get pitchers based on their w-l's. And for good reason, because that's ****ing ********.

    Quick note, Zito does not have better stuff than Sergio Romo. When you can have a FIP of 2.7 and have a slow fastball, you have pretty wicked stuff. The movement he has is pretty incredible along with more control.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    23,518
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Wins are irrelevant? Tell that to coaches, fans, and to pitchers.

    Starting pitchers get judged on quality starts, wins, WHIP, and ERA, relievers get judged on ERA, good innings, saves, etc. But wins "irrelevant"? Not even close.

    If a pitcher always wins he's a good pitcher, either by pitching or by luck, but a win is a win. If a pitcher always loses then he never holds the other team to less runs than his team can score in the same conditions.

    Wins is not the be all and end all by any means, but it's certainly relevant.
    Bolded is false. A pitcher is not always a good pitcher if he always wins.

    If a pitcher continuously throws quality starts almost every time out, he gives his team a much greater chance of winning. But if he's backed by an anemic offense that can barely score runs and he loses the majority of the time that doesn't make him a bad pitcher. On the flip side, if a pitcher allows 4-5 runs a game, but is backed by a lineup like the Yankees a few years back and gets the win, that doesn't make him a good pitcher.

    Wins are irrelevant when judging a pitcher. They should be ignored when doing so.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 11-05-2012 at 01:40 AM.


    Ariana Grande

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,833
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Over Da Pence View Post
    2 time all star. Until the warriors have a 2 time all star (last was 97) lay low with your sarcasm. It's only fair..
    all star? it's all popularity.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •