Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    27,077
    vCash
    1500

    Mets Pick Up Options on Wright and Dickey

    metsblog
    The Mets have picked up the 2013 options for David Wright and R.A. Dickey, reports Jon Morosi and Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.

    The Mets held a $16 million option for Wright and a $5 million option for Dickey.

    The Mets had until tomorrow to execute their option on Wright and until Friday to execute their option on Dickey.

    We'll Leave a Light On For You


    Believers: mets77, JoeGamer81, Harry777, YoungStuna, Sandman, METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    77,817
    vCash
    1500
    That was a given. The question is will they extend them past this year.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Should have just declined so our Sandy could make news like the hurricane.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    50,931
    vCash
    1500
    Now deal Dickey.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    24,199
    vCash
    1500
    And for a minute I thought they were going to decline the option... LOL NOT

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    307
    vCash
    1500
    I wouldn't deal Dickey even if doesn't sign an extension. You need to keep RA so that the Mets aren't forced pitch Harvey and Niese too many innings. You can't overuse young pitchers. RA is insurance against using them to often.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,448
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandre302 View Post
    I wouldn't deal Dickey even if doesn't sign an extension. You need to keep RA so that the Mets aren't forced pitch Harvey and Niese too many innings. You can't overuse young pitchers. RA is insurance against using them to often.
    You have to deal Dickey if he doesn't sign an extension.

    They can't let him walk in FA like Reyes getting nothing besides possible compensation picks for him.

    If he doesn't re-sign this offseason his value only drops as we go into next season.

    Somebody would overpay for a guy who just had a Cy Young type season and is making 5 million bucks this season even if he is 38.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,097
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You have to deal Dickey if he doesn't sign an extension.

    They can't let him walk in FA like Reyes getting nothing besides possible compensation picks for him.

    If he doesn't re-sign this offseason his value only drops as we go into next season.

    Somebody would overpay for a guy who just had a Cy Young type season and is making 5 million bucks this season even if he is 38.
    I agree with you.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    101
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You have to deal Dickey if he doesn't sign an extension.

    They can't let him walk in FA like Reyes getting nothing besides possible compensation picks for him.

    If he doesn't re-sign this offseason his value only drops as we go into next season.

    Somebody would overpay for a guy who just had a Cy Young type season and is making 5 million bucks this season even if he is 38.
    Exactly, no team in their right mind would offer up big in a trade knowing that he could walk for free the following off season, the Mets would be resigned to having to accept a hugely undervalued offer just to get something out of the deal

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Either resign them or trade them NOW. Neither of these situations can linger on until opening day and beyond.

    A failure to either resign or trade either guy will be a complete and total fail by Sandy Alderson, he's already dropped the ball with Reyes.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    David Wright is obviously a must-sign. This franchise would just fall apart without a guy like him who brings in so many fans just by being there.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    27,340
    vCash
    1500
    At least there is some good news this week.


    ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,917
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Either resign them or trade them NOW. Neither of these situations can linger on until opening day and beyond.

    A failure to either resign or trade either guy will be a complete and total fail by Sandy Alderson, he's already dropped the ball with Reyes.
    They have no intentions on extending them. How did they go from talks of extension to boom, pick up the options? This just goes to show that they will now deal them during the winter meetings IMO. Obviously if they did lay out their plans for the future with David his reaction was this

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,917
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    At least there is some good news this week.
    It's not good news if you are a Mets fan of one of these two or both. The option pickup is the way out to give them more time to contemplate a trade either now or during the season. They are waiting to see if Dickey wins the Cy and David wins a gold glove so they can ask for greater value in return.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,448
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    It's not good news if you are a Mets fan of one of these two or both. The option pickup is the way out to give them more time to contemplate a trade either now or during the season. They are waiting to see if Dickey wins the Cy and David wins a gold glove so they can ask for greater value in return.
    They gave out the GG already and Chase Headley won it from the Padres.

    As for them dealing Dickey, if they can get the right package back for him they might as well. The only thing they are accomplishing next year is better draft position so if there is little intention on competing (which we know there is) they might as well deal Dickey before they have to pay him like a frontline SP.

    I really don't see Wright going anywhere. They'll give him his 6/7 yr deal (that includes his option) and his 130-140 million and he'll stay.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •