Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    Pierce is not going to come off the bench. Come on guys.
    Until he gets his legs and stroke set, he'd help the team and himself more by playing off the bench. It's an honorable role, and it doesn't have to be forever, just until he works out the kinks.

Too bad in this day Coaches can't do what's right because they spend 60% of their time keeping the egos massaged.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    At Pierce's age and given his body type... even with the weight loss... I'm not convinced his legs will come back to him if he is asked to play 32+ plus minutes a game or heavens forbid the 40+ he played last night.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    This team is scaring me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Until he gets his legs and stroke set, he'd help the team and himself more by playing off the bench. It's an honorable role, and it doesn't have to be forever, just until he works out the kinks.

Too bad in this day Coaches can't do what's right because they spend 60% of their time keeping the egos massaged.
    I agree that coaches often have to worry about egos when dealing with their players but I think if Doc approached Pierce the right away about it that he might embrace coming off the bench. He could still get 30+ minutes a game and play at crunch time.
    El Presidente

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456