Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Andrew Luck setting records

Highest passing yard total for Rookie QBs IN HISTORY. 2nd rookie QB to have 4 300 yard games in one season.

Heard these during the telecast.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    I'll take those records...but the more impressive thing is that those stats are leading to W's where the former Rookies he is beating (excluding Matty Ice if he is involved in any) for those records didn't get the Ws along with the records.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 11-04-2012 at 05:44 PM.

vCash
    I agree with Matt. Just win baby.

vCash

vCash
    So I'm wondering when Luck will be put into MVP talks like RG3 was?
    Last edited by matthollabak; 11-04-2012 at 11:09 PM.

vCash
    Probably no time soon because he's not the "media darling" that RGIII is lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OldStyleCubbies View Post
    Probably no time soon because he's not the "media darling" that RGIII is lol.
    Maybe it is because RGIII reminds everyone of Andre 3000 and Luck sounds like Andre the Giant when he talks

vCash
    Ya that may have something to do with it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    So I'm wondering when Luck will be put into MVP talks like RG3 was?
    The colts have really been better than expected by most of the media and the fans. I do think the colts could possibly make a playoff run if they can at the very least go 8-8 but really they'll likely need 9 wins or more to secure a playoff berth. If he does get the colts to the playoffs with 10 wins I think he could be mentioned in the mvp conversation. There are quite a few others like Peyton who'll always be mix. I love how he played today and the records are great for him and for the fans but they mean very little unless it relates to wins. I wish the colts would've beat jax the first time around and hope they beat them to go 6-3 on thursday. The team has had time to gel and Ballard has been a nice suprise as of late. I also think allen is awesome and as much as I like fleener I think allen will be a little better. I was glad to see the other WR's show up and not make the O rely on reggie. There are 8 games left 5 are away and the just got their first road win. If they can beat jax, bills, kc, and either tenn. or det. then I think theyre in the playoffs. I would love to see an upset at NE and houston but seriously doubt it. now if houston has the division locked up and sits a lot of starters the last game they could even win their 11th game at home. but 10 games is about the limit of what i believe they can do this season. and I hope if they make the playoffs they don't face denverin the first game. I still think they are at least 2 more seasons away from going deep in the playoffs as long as reggie plays at this level. Thoughts??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boone37 View Post
    The colts have really been better than expected by most of the media and the fans. I do think the colts could possibly make a playoff run if they can at the very least go 8-8 but really they'll likely need 9 wins or more to secure a playoff berth. If he does get the colts to the playoffs with 10 wins I think he could be mentioned in the mvp conversation. There are quite a few others like Peyton who'll always be mix. I love how he played today and the records are great for him and for the fans but they mean very little unless it relates to wins. I wish the colts would've beat jax the first time around and hope they beat them to go 6-3 on thursday. The team has had time to gel and Ballard has been a nice suprise as of late. I also think allen is awesome and as much as I like fleener I think allen will be a little better. I was glad to see the other WR's show up and not make the O rely on reggie. There are 8 games left 5 are away and the just got their first road win. If they can beat jax, bills, kc, and either tenn. or det. then I think theyre in the playoffs. I would love to see an upset at NE and houston but seriously doubt it. now if houston has the division locked up and sits a lot of starters the last game they could even win their 11th game at home. but 10 games is about the limit of what i believe they can do this season. and I hope if they make the playoffs they don't face denverin the first game. I still think they are at least 2 more seasons away from going deep in the playoffs as long as reggie plays at this level. Thoughts??
    I think this happens and we beat them. Depending on how things play out they could almost decide our playoff hopes that game, I'm sure they'd rather let our young inexperienced team into the playoffs opposed to the Steelers or Ravens or some team like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boone37 View Post
    I was talking about the actual media hype more than the realistic possibility of him getting the MVP. Reggie IMO deserves to be in the talks more than Luck as any league leader should....RG3 was 2-3, then 3-3, then 3-4 when people were talking about MVP for him. I'm just wondering when and if they will swing to Luck and start talking about him?

vCash
    “@AdamSchefter: Peyton Manning's passing yards this season: 2,404. Andrew Luck's passing yards this season: 2,404. Broncos 5-3, Colts 5-3.”
    ...and the similarities continue.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Here is what Luck thinks about setting this record:

Less than 24 hours after leading the Colts to their fifth win while breaking one rookie record and tying another, the No. 1 overall draft pick walked into the Colts' locker room Monday and promptly described himself as average. Really."A 'C' is average, so I think I'd give myself a `C'," Luck said when asked for a grade.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85...qb-gives-c-far

vCash
    This is why Andrew will be a star in this league. Dude's work ethic/expectations mirror Peyton.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    I was talking about the actual media hype more than the realistic possibility of him getting the MVP. Reggie IMO deserves to be in the talks more than Luck as any league leader should....RG3 was 2-3, then 3-3, then 3-4 when people were talking about MVP for him. I'm just wondering when and if they will swing to Luck and start talking about him?
    honestly I can't argue with that, reggie has truly made the transition for Luck to the NFL a lot easier. Reggie is playing the best football I can remember. I did kind of know what you were saying about the media though but I was on a pretty good high from the "W" and wanted to talk or type I guess. Luck is surely making a case for rookie of the year though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast