Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Also, if you count the HR Snider robbed from Baxter, he hit .268/.370/.435 instead of .263/.365/.413 which is a pretty significant difference. An .800 OPS platoon bat with solid secondary skills is valuable.

He's probably our best lead-off candidate vs. RHP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't mind having Baxter in a platoon over Duda. He gets on base, plays solid defense, has some speed and pop as well. He's a very underrated player that accumulated 1.2 WAR in 211 PA.
    You know as well as anyone though sometimes the more a bench player plays the more he is exposed.

I like Baxter over many of their other options in either corner spot but that's not saying much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Player B's career numbers .209/.274/.373/.647
    Player's A's career numbers .256/.338/.427/.765
    Player A 27 next year
    Player B 24 next year

Player B has 0.0 WAR for career in 275 PA and is showing improvement.

Player A has a -.5 WAR for his career in 898 PA and is showing decline.

vCash
    Not to mention Duda is the worst defensive RF in baseball.

And he's not much of an improvement in LF either.

A -18 DRS doesn't tell half the story.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-04-2012 at 08:59 PM.

vCash
    The sad thing again is given the fact that this team lacks power and outfielders, to let one walk for **** was simply horrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You know as well as anyone though sometimes the more a bench player plays the more he is exposed.

I like Baxter over many of their other options in either corner spot but that's not saying much.
    He never really got a shot to start, so to say he's a bench player right away could be premature. He's got pretty good tools. He had a real nice season in AAA 2010 before the injury problems in 2011.

Even in the 2nd half when he was playing more he had a .350 OBP. That will work for a lead-off hitter.

vCash
    Baxter as he played more this past season hit less. Hence why he is a nice bench guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Baxter as he played more this past season hit less. Hence why he is a nice bench guy.
    I don't think that is fair to say. He was rolling before he crashed into the fence, and he still posted a .350 OBP in the 2nd half. I know his BABIP was sky high in the 1st half but he hits a ton of liners.

He's nothing more than a platoon bat though because he does not hit LHP.

vCash
    Hopefully F-Mart stays healthy and becomes a starting OF.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    Hopefully F-Mart stays healthy and becomes a starting OF.
    No offense to the guy as i know he is trying to make a living but i really wouldn't want to see him rub it in the Mets face.

We have enough bad luck when it comes to letting young players walk and them blossoming somewhere else.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-04-2012 at 09:28 PM.

vCash
    I don't think that is fair to say. He was rolling before he crashed into the fence, and he still posted a .350 OBP in the 2nd half. I know his BABIP was sky high in the 1st half but he hits a ton of liners.

He's nothing more than a platoon bat though because he does not hit LHP.
    He got on base at a decent clip yes, but again hit a lot less. He is not a platoon guy either imo. A nice bench guy that should have 150-175 or at bats max.

vCash
    Honestly I wouldn't mind having Baxter in a platoon over Duda. He gets on base, plays solid defense, has some speed and pop as well. He's a very underrated player that accumulated 1.2 WAR in 211 PA.
    Plus he's a home-town fan favorite. The only thing is Baxter likely won't really improve and Duda still has potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Player A 27 next year
    Player B 24 next year

Player B has 0.0 WAR for career in 275 PA and is showing improvement.

Player A has a -.5 WAR for his career in 898 PA and is showing decline.
    Player B has never shown any semblance of plate discipline, he also lacks the 6th tool. I like player B, always did, but in hindsight we should have traded him for Houston Street in 2008. He is nothing more than Jeff Francoeur at best.

Player A, did have an ops of .852 in 2011.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    If the complaint is that Player B should not have been exposed in favor of Pitcher DJ, than you have a gripe.

Or other type of garbage on the 40.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    This front office has dropped the ball a few times already.

If you're fair about it, you criticize them when they do and praise them when they get something right.

There was no defensible reason to leave F-Mart unprotected and not trade Hairston. I feel the same way about botching the Reyes situation as well, but I don't want that can of worms to be opened up around here with the arguing.
    Go Grab My Belt

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast