Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who do you pick to build your team around?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kobe Bryant

    15 53.57%
  • Kevin Garnett

    13 46.43%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 88
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,865
    vCash
    1200
    Dear lord , do you see those numbers ? Are u insane ?

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    There
    Posts
    8,229
    vCash
    1500
    As far back as I've frequented this forum KoB was never really a fan of KG.


    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.


    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    21,306
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun5 View Post
    Dear lord , do you see those numbers ? Are u insane ?
    So you're okay with him shooting below 50% from the field in every game? Choking at the free throw line in the clincher (4 for 9)? AND allowing Dirk to destroy him for almost 40 points?

    Aren't you generous?

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    21,306
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    You addressed one aspect. I really don't think you're applying any form of context.



    It is your opinion that its much easier. How has Gasol going from All Star to HOFer change anything? I don't get that. Gasol could have easily joined Wade and turned into a HOFer in much the same way.
    I honestly don't understand your point on the first issue. Please elaborate because it seems like you have excuses for all of Kobe's successes and all of Garnett's failures. I'm fine with adjusting for supporting casts but that still doesn't close the chasm between their team success.

    Of course Gasol's legacy change is significant. It proves that Kobe can take an all-star caliber big man and make him a HoF. What does Wade have to do with anything? Wade hasn't done that.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,865
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I'm impressed that you were able to find ONE year during that span where he played respectably. He was the 3rd best player in the matchup and was eliminated in the first round. Is that really your big victory? I can't wait to hear your response to his series vs. the Mavs were Dirk absolutely owned him.

    Let me guess you'd take Dirk over Kobe too?
    U said KG didn't play well in playoffs from 98-03

    The fact he got outplayed by Dirk in that series doesn't mean he didn't play well in 5 year span .Imagine if KG had a better player in his team like kobe did .Kg had to do everything for that team .Score,Rebound,Defend,Assist .

    His WS are insane .

    He couldn't win a series alone .

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    21,306
    vCash
    1000
    I'll wait for you to respond to my other post.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,865
    vCash
    1200
    which one , you want me to admit he was outplayed by dirk ,yes he did !

    Have a look at mavs roster in that season and compare that to twolves roster .

    Now i'm asking you , KG played bad in playoffs from 98-03 ?

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    21,306
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun5 View Post
    which one , you want me to admit he was outplayed by dirk ,yes he did !

    Have a look at mavs roster in that season and compare that to twolves roster .

    Now i'm asking you , KG played bad in playoffs from 98-03 ?
    Definately. He got massively outplayed. That's playing bad. So let's throw that first series you posted out.

    In the next year he got outplayed by Shaq and Kobe and lost in the first round. Because he got some arbitrary raw numbers you want me to throw that out and say he was good for 6 seasons? Does that seem reasonable at all? I beg you to keep researching that stretch. In particular EACH AND EVERY close out game where he was ******** his pants in epic proportions. Every season. For 6 seasons.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,865
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Definately. He got massively outplayed. That's playing bad. So let's throw that first series you posted out.

    In the next year he got outplayed by Shaq and Kobe and lost in the first round. Because he got some arbitrary raw numbers you want me to throw that out and say he was good for 6 seasons? Does that seem reasonable at all? I beg you to keep researching that stretch. In particular EACH AND EVERY close out game where he was ******** his pants in epic proportions. Every season. For 6 seasons.
    If 27 ppg 16 rpg 5 apg is bad ,what's the point discussing with you ?

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,865
    vCash
    1200
    and btw is a team game ,and garnett was the team alone in each of those years .

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    21,306
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun5 View Post
    If 27 ppg 16 rpg 5 apg is bad ,what's the point discussing with you ?
    You must love Allen Iverson then. It doesn't matter to you how he gets those numbers? That he didn't crack 50% from the field in any game? That he choked from the foul line in the clinching game? Sure he got a ton of rebounds because he was their only true big man. Sure he had 5 apg but he was also getting about 4 turnovers per game. That's not a great ratio.

    And finally he was getting TORCHED BY DIRK EVERY GAME. EVERY GAME. How can you say that's not a bad series when the #1 option gets massively outplayed by the other #1 option OF THE SAME POSITION?

    You conceded he got outplayed. You are harping on one series in SIX SEASONS as an excuse. One series does not overcome the disasterous performances as a #1 option in the other 5 seasons. He was bad from 98-03 and your ONE example is hardly proof to the contrary.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    21,306
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun5 View Post
    and btw is a team game ,and garnett was the team alone in each of those years .
    See how it's a crutch? Excuses for lost seasons. Excuses for poor performances. You blame a bad supporting cast for Dirk dropping over 30 per game on him every game of the series? Be careful with that crutch...if you lean on it any harder before it snaps and you realize you didn't have a leg to stand on.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,865
    vCash
    1200
    You continue to talk about the series he got outplayed by dirk ,come on man if you watch basketball you know the role of the supporting cast , it's not easy doing everything alone .

    If you think you are wining anything you are dead wrong .I'm saying KG played well in playoffs in that span and that's the truth .

    He was the main focus of opposite defense , he got double/triple teamed all the time ,and still put up great numbers .

    Of course Dirk outplayed him , he had great players supporting him , he wasn't the only focus by twolves defense .

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    21,306
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun5 View Post
    You continue to talk about the series he got outplayed by dirk ,come on man if you watch basketball you know the role of the supporting cast , it's not easy doing everything alone .

    If you think you are wining anything you are dead wrong .I'm saying KG played well in playoffs in that span and that's the truth .

    He was the main focus of opposite defense , he got double/triple teamed all the time ,and still put up great numbers .

    Of course Dirk outplayed him , he had great players supporting him , he wasn't the only focus by twolves defense .
    There's that crutch again. Notice everytime you can't talk about ANYTHING without making excuses? You make it sound like KG was triple teamed every play on offense while having to guard half the Mavs team while Dirk was scoring all his points. Your proof that he played well was one playoff series where he lost in the first round and another series where got swept and Dirk demolished him. Dirk single-handedly won that series over KG. That's why it's a bad series. If he had forced Dirk into a bad game or two it'd be different. Every game in a 3 game SWEEP, Dirk was torching him. Including 39 points-17rebounds in the clincher.

    You also CONTINUE to ignore the fact that we're talking about a 6 year span of time.

    You're basically saying "yeah he got outplayed but look at these stats from two seasons. I think that means he played great for 6 seasons!" Do you even realize how much of a stretch of logic that is? It's ridiculous.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,865
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    There's that crutch again. Notice everytime you can't talk about ANYTHING without making excuses? You're proof that he played well was one playoff series where he lost in the first round and another series where got swept and Dirk demolished him. Dirk single-handedly won that series over KG. That's why it's a bad series. If he had forced Dirk into a bad game or two it'd be different. Every game in a 3 game SWEEP, Dirk was torching him. Including 39 points-17rebounds in the clincher.

    You also CONTINUE to ignore the fact that we're talking about a 6 year span of time.

    You're basically saying "yeah he got outplayed but look at these stats from two seasons. I think that means he played great for 6 seasons!" Do you even realize how much of a stretch of logic that is? It's ridiculous.
    He did put up great numbers in each of those 6 years .And can you understand the meaning of being alone in a team and having a supporting cast ? If you can't idk what to say really .

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •