Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who do you pick to build your team around?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kobe Bryant

15 53.57%
  • Kevin Garnett

13 46.43%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    Yeah well, wonder what would have happened if kg had Pierce and Allen when they were all around their mid 20s instead of all of them in their 30s and declining.

oh did i mention kobe had the luxury of having the best post players of the moment in their primes ( shaq in the early 00s, pau in the late 00s) both of whom will make the Hof, and now go figure he has AGAIn the best post player in his prime ( howard) who will also make the hof ?

I can also point you at kobe ruining the lakers both in 04 and 08 finals out of sheer selfisnhness.
    If KG had Pierce and Allen in their mid 20s he'd probably have more than one title and then I could sit here and complain to you how he only won because of his supporting cast.

vCash
    It's so cliche. People act Kobe deserves no credit for his rings when in reality that's the exact reason why he's an all-time great.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Anytime Kobe had one top big he won multiple chips. Even when he had NO help he led the Lakers to the playoffs and 45 wins.
    Kobe had not help in 05, and lead the Lakers to the lottery. Phil Jackson came in and coached them into the post season.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

AgrÃ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    vCash
    It's so cliche. People act Kobe deserves no credit for his rings when in reality that's the exact reason why he's an all-time great.
    We never said he deserves no credit, just that he has had a TON more help then KG. I mean how many rings would KG have if he played with a Prime Shaq?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whitemamba33 View Post
    Even with Paul, Rondo, and Allen, KG dropped the ball the following year.
    What are you talking about? 09 when KG was injured and missed the entire post season? KG dropped the ball by being injured?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsams50 View Post
    I agree. Kobe has always had the luxury of great teammates. KG has not. I mean for a season or two his starting pg was Troy Hudson.... Troy... Hudson. Coaching wise, its not even close. Phil Jackson for the majority of his career, compared to Flip Saunders.
    These types of posts are the absolute weakest of any argument. You've given not one shread of a reason why you'd prefer Garnett. All you've done is said because Garnett played in an inferior team he is better. That is a huge disconnect in logic. Having a weak supporting cast doesn't make you a better player. He ACCOMPLISHED SIGNIFICANTLY LESS with his weak supporting cast. That's not an argument in his favor.

vCash
    I don't know how old you are either! Isn't that interesting?

Just curious, did you happen to catch how KG did in the playoffs in 98? or 99? or 2000? or 2001? or 2002? or 2003?
    he was great individually , he didn't have a team to surpass 1st round .

vCash
    If KG had Pierce and Allen in their mid 20s he'd probably have more than one title and then I could sit here and complain to you how he only won because of his supporting cast.

EVERY player that has won a ring has had a GREAT suporting cast.

Except maybe for Hakeems first ring and Rick barrys Ring, where they cast was not great player by player but were a cohesive team ( like th e04 pistons were too).
    ]

vCash
    People are not acting that way we are bringing light to the circumstances by which he got those rings. This is a team sport and if we're going to talk about rings we can't just act as if he did it all by himself. Kobe would have never gotten close to winning a ring in Minny as a matter of a fact he would have forced himself out long before KG.

vCash
    These types of posts are the absolute weakest of any argument. You've given not one shread of a reason why you'd prefer Garnett. All you've done is said because Garnett played in an inferior team he is better. That is a huge disconnect in logic. Having a weak supporting cast doesn't make you a better player. He ACCOMPLISHED SIGNIFICANTLY LESS with his weak supporting cast. That's not an argument in his favor.
    Wait are we using a one year sample size by which to ascertain this significantly less statement? Wow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Perkins was injured ;-)
    lol Bynum was injured the year before. You should really stop talking.

And Allen and Pierce were both in their 30s at that point ;-)
    lol IT WAS ONE YEAR LATER.

Again..stop talking.
    I'm a Lakers fan...BUT:

1) No I don't think Kobe > MJ

2) No I don't think LeBron sucks.

3) No I don't think it's funny to continuously make jokes about Charles Osborne.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Kobe had not help in 05, and lead the Lakers to the lottery. Phil Jackson came in and coached them into the post season.
    Yeah Phil coached Odom and Kobe not to get injured (like they did the previous season).

He also coached Kobe to have one of the highest scoring averages in NBA History for a single regular season. Look at the depths you have to go to diminish Kobe. You are saying that JACKSON deserves credit for them making the playoffs in 06 when Kobe was the one KILLING himself every night and having a career year.

AgrÃ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    vCash
    In his prime KG would put but 22 13 and 5 on a nightly basis. Combined with great defense, leadership, and unselfish play gives him the nod imo. KG has never been bashed by teammates for being selfish, or being hard to play with. While Kobe has been accused numerous times of being a bad teammate,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun5 View Post
    he was great individually , he didn't have a team to surpass 1st round .
    now I KNOW you don't know what you're talking about.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Fact check yourself joker cuz Cassell made an All-Star team while KG's teammate. My statement was that Kobe took a team with NO help to 45 wins and the playoffs. Which is true. I never said he's never missed the playoffs.

Again you continue to infer things. Yes, I think Wally is comparable help to Shaq. First of all, Bynum's impact on those 2 rings is minimal. Gasol is the one who was Kobe's tag-team partner. Second, you act like Kobe would have to win a championship every season. Look at how unrealistic your expectations are! Garnett never even made a Finals and you want to blame Kobe for not winning his 6th and 7th rings in his late 30s. The fact that you think that is a valid argument proves how highly you regard Kobe.

Kobe's record speaks for itself: Get him a big and get ready to raise some banners

KG's record: get him two HOF teammates and then get ready to raise 1 banner

Firstly, let me explain myself. I think Kobe Bryant is the second best SG in the history of the game. I think he is an amazing player. I think he had a huge hand in the Lakers winning 5 championships. And I also think Kevin Garnett is better. Just because I say Kevin Garnett is better, and that I don't think Kobe's ring total makes him better, doesn't mean that I don't think Kobe is an all-time great, or that he didn't earn his rings.

I think Kobe earned every ring he got. I think Kobe Bryant is an amazing basketball player. I also think that Michael Jordan, had he player with Kobe's cast, would have come away with more rings that Kobe. I think the same of Garnett

I think, had Kobe had Flip Saunders as a coach (no offence Flip, you are a good coach, but you aren't Phil Jackson), and has Wally and Marbury as teammates, and had Kevin McHale as a GM, that he likely would have lost in the first round a lot. Likely as often as McGrady.

I think, had Garnett played with Shaq and Glen Rice and Nick Van Exel and Eddie Jones, that he would have won as many rings as Kobe, if not more.

It think Shaq > Wally. And you can quote me on that. To compare Wally to Shaq, or an aged Spreewell to a prime Gasol, it just illustrates the flaw of your arguement.

Garnett, with an injury plagued Minny team, played LAL in the conference finals, and Kobe has; Shaq, Karl Malone and Gary Payton as teammates. And guess what.. he lost... to four HOFers... you know how many HOFers were on Minny that year? One. And you know what, Kobe took his team to the finals and lost to the Pistons. The first year he lead the Lakers in shots per game ahead of Shaq, the Lakers missed the finals, and the next year, they lost in the finals. The Lakers did better with Shaq as the first option.

Kobe rings are the result of a team effort. To give him credit for those rings and say they are the reason he is a better player than another player who never had the chance to play with prime HOFers like Kobe did is rediculous.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast