Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who do you pick to build your team around?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kobe Bryant

15 53.57%
  • Kevin Garnett

13 46.43%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun5 View Post
    He did put up great numbers in each of those 6 years .And can you understand the meaning of being alone in a team and having a supporting cast ? If you can't idk what to say really .
    I understand that Kobe's titles are meaningless because of Shaq and it doesn't matter if Garnett was getting swept and bombing in the playoffs because he had no help. GREAT PLAYERS OVERCOME THIS ADVERSITY. Not every year but at least some years. Garnett didn't. No he really didn't. Not during that 98-03 time frame. I'm not trying to bait you but you honestly have no idea what you're talking about. You have no idea how bad he played especially in the closing games. I've seen them first hand and every year he let his team down to end the season. Sometimes in historically bad effecient. 8 turnover games. Horrible shooting performances. Getting burned defensively. Thankfully his 04 season and his Boston seasons have washed that away but it doesn't mean they didn't exist and it doesn't mean we can ignore them when comparing him to somebody who was WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS during that same time frame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I understand that Kobe's titles are meaningless because of Shaq and it doesn't matter if Garnett was getting swept and bombing in the playoffs because he had no help. GREAT PLAYERS OVERCOME THIS ADVERSITY. Not every year but at least some years. Garnett didn't. No he really didn't. Not during that 98-03 time frame. I'm not trying to bait you but you honestly have no idea what you're talking about. You have no idea how bad he played especially in the closing games. I've seen them first hand and every year he let his team down to end the season. Sometimes in historically bad effecient. 8 turnover games. Horrible shooting performances. Getting burned defensively. Thankfully his 04 season and his Boston seasons have washed that away but it doesn't mean they didn't exist and it doesn't mean we can ignore them when comparing him to somebody who was WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS during that same time frame.
    ahhahaahh still Kobe was 2nd best player in the team and once KG had a supporting cast , he got to WCF and put insane numbers(if cassell wasn't injured they'd probably would beat Lakers ) .Why did that happen ? Can you explain that to me ?

Why did he win MVP 03/04 ?

What happened with Kobe and the Lakers after Shaq left ?

vCash
    ahhahaahh still Kobe was 2nd best player in the team and once KG had a supporting cast , he got to WCF and put insane numbers(if cassell wasn't injured they'd probably would beat Lakers ) .Why did that happen ? Can you explain that to me ?

Why did he win MVP 03/04 ?

What happened with Kobe and the Lakers after Shaq left ?
    I have no problems answering any of those questions once you either research the rest of those playoff series or just concede that KG was a bad playoff performer his first 6 seasons.

vCash
    I have no problems answering any of those questions once you either research the rest of those playoff series or just concede that KG was a bad playoff performer his first 6 seasons.
    No way i concede ,he was alone with no supporting cast and still has the numbers .You can't say he played bad . Please answer my questions .

vCash
    No way i concede ,he was alone with no supporting cast and still has the numbers .You can't say he played bad . Please answer my questions .
    I did and I explained why and now you want to hide behind a completely different topic.

vCash
    I did and I explained why and now you want to hide behind a completely different topic.
    i continue to say he had no supporting cast and still put up the numbers .

Now please answer my questions .

vCash
    i continue to say he had no supporting cast and still put up the numbers .

Now please answer my questions .
    Garnett was the only player on his team?

vCash
    Yeah you have absolutely not one shread of factual proof to back that up. If anything I can point to the 4 extra championships Kobe has and say he knows how to sacrifice to win.
    Take a look at the strength of the teams that they played on. Only team KG played on that was a Championship team quality wise - won one.

What about '03-'04? '10-'11? Lakers stacked. Lost.

The other great team Garnett was on was '08-'-09, but he got hurt and that was it.

What happened to Minny after he left?

That's what you should be looking at, not a stacked deck of the Lakers or Spurs - opportunities KG never saw but once.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Kobe Bryant.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 46-52, games this week vs. Blue Jays (4), Rays (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: Good draft and off-season so far.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Take a look at the strength of the teams that they played on. Only team KG played on that was a Championship team quality wise - won one.
    Garnett has played on 5 championship caliber teams and won 1 title.

What about '03-'04? '10-'11? Lakers stacked. Lost.
    See this is EXACTLY my point. Look at the barometer you've set for Kobe. Unless he won a title EVERY season you attack him. That's because he's been so successful. In my book Kobe's teams have won 5 out of 8 potential titles and Garnett's have won 1 out of 5. How's that ratio looking now?

The other great team Garnett was on was '08-'-09, but he got hurt and that was it.
    That doesn't help his legacy it hurts it. Again you're making my point for me. Kobe is so valuable because he's been so consistently healthy and productive.

What happened to Minny after he left?

That's what you should be looking at, not a stacked deck of the Lakers or Spurs - opportunities KG never saw but once.
    The team rebuilt and went to the lottery. I don't see how that adds to his legacy. There have been tons of cases of teams trading all-stars and rebuilding. Look at what happened when the Sonics traded Ray Allen. Does that mean he's suddenly a legendary player because they went to the lottery? No.

vCash
    Garnett has played on 5 championship caliber teams and won 1 title.
    This should be good. Name them.

See this is EXACTLY my point. Look at the barometer you've set for Kobe. Unless he won a title EVERY season you attack him. That's because he's been so successful. In my book Kobe's teams have won 5 out of 8 potential titles and Garnett's have won 1 out of 5. How's that ratio looking now?
    Who is attacking? Attacking is what I do to garbage like Iverson and Wilkins. Kobe is far better then that.

Now, what happened in those two years?

That doesn't help his legacy it hurts it. Again you're making my point for me. Kobe is so valuable because he's been so consistently healthy and productive.
    Can't have it both ways. If you are claiming he should have won the title that year - then you can't hold his injury against him.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    This should be good. Name them.
    Every season since he's joined the Celtics. Have Pierce-Allen-Rondo not been healthy for every playoffs? His injury doesn't work to his favor. That year counts against him.

Who is attacking? Attacking is what I do to garbage like Iverson and Wilkins. Kobe is far better then that.

Now, what happened in those two years?
    Seriously, you expect Kobe to have 7 championships because he had a title contending team 7 times? I can't even imagine how much you'd destroy guys like West-Magic-Oscar-Wilt who left rings on the table.

Can't have it both ways. If you are claiming he should have won the title that year - then you can't hold his injury against him.
    Kobe's BIGGEST accomplishment is his sustained greatness. That is directly related to his ability to stay well-conditioned and healthy during his career. Players whose careers have been derailed because of injury (Walton, Hill, etc.) don't get a career boost from missing their prime. It's the opposite effect.

vCash
    Well Garnett went to a franchise that was a bottom feeder from the get go while Kobe went to a top echelon franchise from the get go with a top 3 player in the league on it.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456