Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who do you pick to build your team around?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kobe Bryant

    15 53.57%
  • Kevin Garnett

    13 46.43%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 88
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Posts
    14,914
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsams50 View Post
    Cassell and Spree were past their primes, Marbury let way too early, Wally... well come on. Kobe has played with a Prime Shaq, a Prime Gasol, Odom, an ever improving Bynum, and now has Prime Dwight on his team. You cant compare supporting casts, because its no competition. Kobe has had great teammates his entire career.

    As for the question, give me KG. Dominates both sides of the ball. Would have won multiple rings in Minny if he had any help
    Same thing I said.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    82
    vCash
    1500
    Kobe's longevity gives him the edge, although I think for the first 10 years, Garnett would be the better player.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    21,306
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    You put Wally on the same level and Shaq Gasol bynum and Howard? And Marbury? And an aged Spree? Please. Marbury, Wally and Spee (at least when he was with Garnett) played at nowhere near the level of Shaq, Gasol, Bynum and Howard. And Cassell NEVER made an All-Star team.

    And lets not forget, that even with Gasol, Kobe dropped the ball in 08, and failed, even with Bynum and Gasol, to get to the finals in 2012 and 2011.

    And Kobe missed the playoffs after Shaq left. Might want to check the fact there friend.
    Fact check yourself joker cuz Cassell made an All-Star team while KG's teammate. My statement was that Kobe took a team with NO help to 45 wins and the playoffs. Which is true. I never said he's never missed the playoffs.

    Again you continue to infer things. Yes, I think Wally is comparable help to Shaq. First of all, Bynum's impact on those 2 rings is minimal. Gasol is the one who was Kobe's tag-team partner. Second, you act like Kobe would have to win a championship every season. Look at how unrealistic your expectations are! Garnett never even made a Finals and you want to blame Kobe for not winning his 6th and 7th rings in his late 30s. The fact that you think that is a valid argument proves how highly you regard Kobe.

    Kobe's record speaks for itself: Get him a big and get ready to raise some banners.

    KG's record: get him two HOF teammates and then get ready to raise 1 banner

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    24,131
    vCash
    1500
    do i know the future,like what their careers will be? knowing everything thaqt i know now the pick is obviously kobe.but only knowing what was known then ,it makes the question much harder

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    AgrÃ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    Posts
    8,567
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    Same thing I said.
    Hahahaha It might be just us, but i dont see wally at that good of a player.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,970
    vCash
    1500
    Garnett.

    Not because he is better but because he has proven that he can put his ego aside and sacrifice his personal stats in order for the team to win.
    KObe does not.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    21,306
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    Garnett.

    Not because he is better but because he has proven that he can put his ego aside and sacrifice his personal stats in order for the team to win.
    KObe does not.
    Yeah you have absolutely not one shread of factual proof to back that up. If anything I can point to the 4 extra championships Kobe has and say he knows how to sacrifice to win.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,865
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Fact check yourself joker cuz Cassell made an All-Star team while KG's teammate. My statement was that Kobe took a team with NO help to 45 wins and the playoffs. Which is true. I never said he's never missed the playoffs.

    Again you continue to infer things. Yes, I think Wally is comparable help to Shaq. First of all, Bynum's impact on those 2 rings is minimal. Gasol is the one who was Kobe's tag-team partner. Second, you act like Kobe would have to win a championship every season. Look at how unrealistic your expectations are! Garnett never even made a Finals and you want to blame Kobe for not winning his 6th and 7th rings in his late 30s. The fact that you think that is a valid argument proves how highly you regard Kobe.

    Kobe's record speaks for itself: Get him a big and get ready to raise some banners.

    KG's record: get him two HOF teammates and then get ready to raise 1 banner
    IDK how old are u , but just to remind you in 2004 WCF Garnett played PG in a game vs Lakers.His numbers were insane. Cassell was injured so was Troy Hudson . He never had a supporting cast to win it all , and once he had it , they couldn't stay injury free (kareem rush hit 6-7 seven 3s in that game 6).Kobe was 2nd best player while he won 3 rings , and he had gasol ,odom , bynum , artest and phil jackson winning the other 2 .

    I'm not saying KG is better than kobe ( which i do think is ) but you can't compare them with your statements .

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Posts
    14,914
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsams50 View Post
    Hahahaha It might be just us, but i dont see wally at that good of a player.
    He wasn't. He was a valuable offensive player and efficient scorer who had potential but in terms of his value to a team as its second best player lets just say if Wally is your second best player your starting C is Joe Smith and Flip Saunders is your head coach you're not going to go very far in the West.

    I wonder how far Kobe would go in the West if his circumstances were similar to that of KG's? I can sure as hell tell you he would not have done anything either like KoB said of KG.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    8,162
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by whitemamba33 View Post
    Even with Paul, Rondo, and Allen, KG dropped the ball the following year.
    Perkins was injured ;-)

    And Allen and Pierce were both in their 30s at that point ;-)
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,970
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Yeah you have absolutely not one shread of factual proof to back that up. If anything I can point to the 4 extra championships Kobe has and say he knows how to sacrifice to win.
    Yeah well, wonder what would have happened if kg had Pierce and Allen when they were all around their mid 20s instead of all of them in their 30s and declining.


    oh did i mention kobe had the luxury of having the best post players of the moment in their primes ( shaq in the early 00s, pau in the late 00s) both of whom will make the Hof, and now go figure he has AGAIn the best post player in his prime ( howard) who will also make the hof ?

    I can also point you at kobe ruining the lakers both in 04 and 08 finals out of sheer selfisnhness.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    21,306
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun5 View Post
    IDK how old are u , but just to remind you in 2004 WCF Garnett played PG in a game vs Lakers.His numbers were insane. Cassell was injured so was Troy Hudson . He never had a supporting cast to win it all , and once he had it , they couldn't stay injury free (kareem rush hit 6-7 seven 3s in that game 6).Kobe was 2nd best player while he won 3 rings , and he had gasol ,odom , bynum , artest and phil jackson winning the other 2 .

    I'm not saying KG is better than kobe ( which i do think is ) but you can't compare them with your statements .
    I don't know how old you are either! Isn't that interesting?

    Just curious, did you happen to catch how KG did in the playoffs in 98? or 99? or 2000? or 2001? or 2002? or 2003?

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,366
    vCash
    1500
    Garnett all day. When he was surrounded by trash his team was still making the playoffs unlike mr. Jelly bean.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    AgrÃ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    Posts
    8,567
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    He wasn't. He was a valuable offensive player and efficient scorer who had potential but in terms of his value to a team as its second best player lets just say if Wally is your second best player your starting C is Joe Smith and Flip Saunders is your head coach you're not going to go very far in the West.

    I wonder how far Kobe would go in the West if his circumstances were similar to that of KG's? I can sure as hell tell you he would not have done anything either like KoB said of KG.
    I agree. Kobe has always had the luxury of great teammates. KG has not. I mean for a season or two his starting pg was Troy Hudson.... Troy... Hudson. Coaching wise, its not even close. Phil Jackson for the majority of his career, compared to Flip Saunders.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    8,266
    vCash
    1500
    Another Kobe related thread.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •