Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    vCash
    I'm sure in a few months when the amazingness of Kendrick Lamar wears off he'll be put in a similar category. I had section 80 before probably half of these kids in here. Then "good kid, maad city" comes out, and it's amazing no doubt, but now we really see all those "true" kendrick fans come out and slam anyone for liking anything but.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    I like some of Drake's songs, I just think it's silly to say that Take Care was one of the greatest rap albums of all time.

vCash
    No particular order:

Kendrick Lamar
    Ab-Soul
    Tyler The Creator
    Schoolboy Q
    Danny Brown
    Why in the world is it so important to get the calls right ?
    -7chuck7

vCash
    For me im just simply not a fan of Drake. I dont like his style or his sound/voice. He simply just isnt my style, but neither are guys like Big Sean and J Cole. The sounds that these guys produce just seem to repetitve for me. When i hear their stuff it's the same reaction for me. Heard this before and then a quick switch to something else.

I honestly think Drake is garbage, but i understand people like the guy. Its just not for me.
    -toGether-

".....honor the game the game honors you..don’t know where and when it ends, but tonight I was proud to be together as a team, in a hostile environment, with just us..brothers that play for the name on the front, not the name on the back.”

-Hunter Pence 2012 NLDS

vCash
    I don't think Drake is garbage at all...but I hardly listen to him. Just not the music I like...but that doesn't mean he sucks.

And huurrraayyy for a Fashawn mention!

vCash
    Schoolboy Q (I love his name, reminds me of some pokemon trainer you run into)
    Ab-Soul
    ASAP
    Kendrick
    Joey Bada$$

vCash
    One of my favorite/funniest Eminem lines:

Dr. Dre, I got a question if I may. (yeah). Is it gay, to play, putt putt golf with a friend (yeah), and watch his butt-butt when he tees off (yeah). But-but, I ain't done yet... In football, the quarterback yells out hutt-hutt while he reaches in another grown mans azz, grabs on his nuts, but what just if, it was never meant is was just an accident...

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Luckily the thread is "who are YOUR top 5 rappers right now" and right now in MY opinion Drake is near the top of the game.

And by no means am I a drake dick rider, but Take Care made me respect the guy. And you guys cant tell me you dont know at least two or three lines from The motto, HYFR, or at least one song on that album.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PacersForLife View Post
    I will always like Drake. He is no Nas or anything like that. I just think it's stupid that people think you have to hate Drake and guys like him to be a real hip hop fan or whatever. His last album was pretty good. It really wasn't a rap album, tho.

I like Kendrick Lamar a lot. I don't know if he is as good as he has been made out to be. His style is different... He is arguably the best rapper of this new generation. I'm not ready to say he will ever be as good or better than guys like Nas, Eminem, Tupac, Biggie, etc...

Back to what I was saying about Drake earlier... If you only like lyricists, fine, but it can get kind of boring if that is all you listen to. I like a variety. I'll listen to Slaughterhouse, J. Cole, and Kendrick Lamar. I am also not afraid to admit that I like Drake, Big Sean, and guys like that. I like 2 Chainz, but I'm not on here saying he is the best rapper of all time.
    agreed. K-dot is definitely my favorite rapper, but Drake isn't bad at all. I like listening to his music. I like hearing his hooks a lot of the time too. He's catchy imo. 2 Chainz too. Just because they're mainstream doesn't make them crap. Rap isn't really in the popular music anymore. Popular music is switching again as it does about every 5 or so years. Now It seems if your song doesn't have a dubstep beat in it, it can't be popular lol.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumba View Post
    Luckily the thread is "who are YOUR top 5 rappers right now" and right now in MY opinion Drake is near the top of the game.

And by no means am I a drake dick rider, but Take Care made me respect the guy. And you guys cant tell me you dont know at least two or three lines from The motto, HYFR, or at least one song on that album.
    That's great and all. No one cares if you like Drake. Because a lot of people do. Including a lot of posters on here.

But one of the best albums ever? Naaaahhh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    That's great and all. No one cares if you like Drake. Because a lot of people do. Including a lot of posters on here.

But one of the best albums ever? Naaaahhh.
    This exactly....... You can have your opinion about Drake and I can think that Drake and your opinion both suck. It's not a debate. You like him, I don't. Simple as that.

Oh and noi don't know a single line from dudes music. I don't even know when I first heard the guy, but I remember I immediately hated his sound and since then I have turned him off every single time I have heard him.

I realize it's difficult to judge him without hearing a majority of his music, but I know what I like to liste to and it's not him
    -toGether-

".....honor the game the game honors you..don’t know where and when it ends, but tonight I was proud to be together as a team, in a hostile environment, with just us..brothers that play for the name on the front, not the name on the back.”

-Hunter Pence 2012 NLDS

vCash
    If my opinion on Drake didnt mean much, hence me defending it, then why has my top 5 rappers post spurred a two page long argument on how Drake sucks? He's not even my favorite rapper, just pointing out how Take Care is going to be considered one of the best rap albums, look at reviews, look at sales. And seeing how it's my opinion, I dont care much for any of yours on the matter.

So Take Care.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    I like Drake. I thought Take Care was a good album. But there's no way anyone with any objectivity can say it's an all time great rap album. It's not even close.

I think in the context of hip hop/pop crossover there could be a case (if you break that off into its own sub genre), but as an overall rap album... no way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash

vCash
    You're ******** if you think Take Care is going to go down as an all-time great.

It's a pop-rap/contemporary R&B blend. It will only be remembered for popularizing that.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast