Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Take Care is hardly a rap album.

vCash
    Oh yeah, if your counting Drake as rap, definitely add him to my list.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Take Care is hardly a rap album.
    It's closer to being a rap album than it is to being great.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    haha, i'll agree to that.

not a fan at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumba View Post
    Drake (Take Care is still one of the greatest rap albums of all time)
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1xn5sXGx61r5xk72.gif

vCash
    How is drake pillow talking, simping *** album consider the greatest "rap" album? You never listened to illmatic? reasonable doubt? Tupacs post death albums are even better then it. ****, Taylor swift rapping at her concerts are even better then take care.

vCash
    What? Your list contains artists way older than most names in this thread.
    That's just goes to show you the sad state of affairs the rap game is and has been in for quite some time now.

Fact is, if any of those listed put out an album today it's gonna be At its worst as good as the garbage that a dress wearing A$AP Rocky and the rest of his goons put out.

Outside of Kendrick it's rough. Nas is and always will be dope,but a majority of the guys that are listed throughout this thread will not be relevant in 5 years let alone 15-20 like the guys he listed.

There is a reason why they stand the test of time. They evolve and reinvent themselves. They aren't gimmicks. They do them.
    Last edited by clarkfn2284; 12-20-2012 at 10:17 AM.
    -toGether-

".....honor the game the game honors you..donít know where and when it ends, but tonight I was proud to be together as a team, in a hostile environment, with just us..brothers that play for the name on the front, not the name on the back.Ē

-Hunter Pence 2012 NLDS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HipHopBasedHead View Post
    How is drake pillow talking, simping *** album consider the greatest "rap" album? You never listened to illmatic? reasonable doubt? Tupacs post death albums are even better then it. ****, Taylor swift rapping at her concerts are even better then take care.
    Drake is poop man. Guy makes ****** music.
    -toGether-

".....honor the game the game honors you..donít know where and when it ends, but tonight I was proud to be together as a team, in a hostile environment, with just us..brothers that play for the name on the front, not the name on the back.Ē

-Hunter Pence 2012 NLDS

vCash
    If we're talking this year based off "hype" though, I'm going
    1. Kendrick Lamar
    GKMC is one of the best albums to drop this year.
    2. Ab-Soul
    Control System was under appreciated. Dude can go toe to toe with Kendrick.
    3. Childish Gambino
    Royalty was pretty dope
    4. Schoolboy Q
    H&C was good too. Nightmare on Figg Street is a dope track.
    5. FaShawn
    His and murs project was sick. And his last mixtape was dope too

vCash
    Can't be serious.
    I don't really like Kendrick Lamar, so yeah. I would add Big Boi at #5 now that I've listened to his album.

vCash
    and keep in mind that the word "good" is subjective.

vCash
    I'm a huge drake fan, but he is not a rapper anymore. His Take Care album took him away from the "rap" label he had developed with So Far Gone and the Comeback Season mixtapes. He's gone down the same "pop" transformation as Wiz has done. But that is kinda what the rap game is turning into today unfortunately.

#iubb

vCash
    Didn't realize this forum was so entitled. **** me for having Drake at number 5.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Kendrick Lamar dick riding, and old school rap memories.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    I will always like Drake. He is no Nas or anything like that. I just think it's stupid that people think you have to hate Drake and guys like him to be a real hip hop fan or whatever. His last album was pretty good. It really wasn't a rap album, tho.

I like Kendrick Lamar a lot. I don't know if he is as good as he has been made out to be. His style is different... He is arguably the best rapper of this new generation. I'm not ready to say he will ever be as good or better than guys like Nas, Eminem, Tupac, Biggie, etc...

Back to what I was saying about Drake earlier... If you only like lyricists, fine, but it can get kind of boring if that is all you listen to. I like a variety. I'll listen to Slaughterhouse, J. Cole, and Kendrick Lamar. I am also not afraid to admit that I like Drake, Big Sean, and guys like that. I like 2 Chainz, but I'm not on here saying he is the best rapper of all time.
    Last edited by PacersForLife; 12-20-2012 at 02:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumba View Post
    Didn't realize this forum was so entitled. **** me for having Drake at number 5.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Kendrick Lamar dick riding, and old school rap memories.
    Exactly... If you are not into all things K-Dot or some underground master lyricist that hardly anybody knows about you might as well be a little, mainstream loving teenage girl... ...

Stay away from all things popular, because if it's popular it's obviously garbage...
    Last edited by PacersForLife; 12-20-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast