Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    I'd welcome him back...With arms wide open (Scott Stapp voice)

vCash
    He will be back. One year 12 mil. Won't affect our 2014 cap plan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    He will be back. One year 12 mil. Won't affect our 2014 cap plan.
    The qualifying offer made to him was over 13. I'm assuming he'd simply take that if he decides to return.

vCash
    Please come back Kuroda. He was arguably our best pitcher
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    It's so funny how the yankees have the highest payroll in baseball and only one reliable starting pitcher signed long term.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    It's so funny how the yankees have the highest payroll in baseball and only one reliable starting pitcher signed long term.
    How is Phil Hughes not reliable?

In a season where he came back from injury, he threw 191.1 Innings won 16 games made 32 Starts had a 1.26 WHIP posted a 4.23 ERA in the AL East and had a 1.5 WAR. Those are better numbers than a guy like Dan Haren posted.

I know he gave up 35 Homeruns, but as a whole I consider this season an improvement for Phil Hughes.

He's a fly ball pitcher, look at the stadium he pitches in here's the splits (22 homers at home) (13 on the road)

Taking 2009, 2010, and now 2012 into account I'd say Phil Hughes has become a reliable Yankees starter.

You know what he's going to give you when he takes the mound. He's still only 26 years old and going to mature as he ages. This is Phil Hughes nearing his peak and he showed signs of dominance for some stretches in 2012.

I know on paper, CC Sabathia looks like the only legitimate rotation option right now...But don't knock Phil Hughes.

He improved his game in 2012 and is considered a definite #3 in all rotations in the game.

He took some nice steps and he learned how to put hitters away when he got 2 strikes on the batter.
    (something he didn't do in the past).
    Last edited by DerekJeterDan; 11-06-2012 at 04:24 AM.

vCash
    He's only got one year left before he's a free agent though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    He's only got one year left before he's a free agent though.
    If he does well for us next year I see no reason why we can't sign him to some sort of extension. He's a homegrown Yankee and he'll be 28 by the time he reaches free agency. No doubt we can keep him in 2014 given the fact we will have money to spend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    If he does well for us next year I see no reason why we can't sign him to some sort of extension. He's a homegrown Yankee and he'll be 28 by the time he reaches free agency. No doubt we can keep him in 2014 given the fact we will have money to spend.
    because that all depends on what he asks for
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I love Andy, but if it's between Kuroda or Petitte, I would prefer signing Kuroda every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Did anyone else feel Andy completely ran out of gas at the end of the year, even with being "rested" with the broken ankle? I felt lucky if he could just get us 4 or 5 innings...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djall10 View Post
    I love Andy, but if it's between Kuroda or Petitte, I would prefer signing Kuroda every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Did anyone else feel Andy completely ran out of gas at the end of the year, even with being "rested" with the broken ankle? I felt lucky if he could just get us 4 or 5 innings...
    i dont see why i would be
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Hughes stinks. Andy isn't really good anymore.

Need Kuroda.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djall10 View Post

At one point in the not so distant past, Pettitte was a workout fiend. Old age tends to diminish the drive so to speak but I think the best we can hope for as Yankee fans is that he rediscovers that inner exercise and conditioning obsession one last time.....

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    How is Phil Hughes not reliable?

In a season where he came back from injury, he threw 191.1 Innings won 16 games made 32 Starts had a 1.26 WHIP posted a 4.23 ERA in the AL East and had a 1.5 WAR. Those are better numbers than a guy like Dan Haren posted.

I know he gave up 35 Homeruns, but as a whole I consider this season an improvement for Phil Hughes.

He's a fly ball pitcher, look at the stadium he pitches in here's the splits (22 homers at home) (13 on the road)

Taking 2009, 2010, and now 2012 into account I'd say Phil Hughes has become a reliable Yankees starter.

You know what he's going to give you when he takes the mound. He's still only 26 years old and going to mature as he ages. This is Phil Hughes nearing his peak and he showed signs of dominance for some stretches in 2012.

I know on paper, CC Sabathia looks like the only legitimate rotation option right now...But don't knock Phil Hughes.

He improved his game in 2012 and is considered a definite #3 in all rotations in the game.

He took some nice steps and he learned how to put hitters away when he got 2 strikes on the batter.
    (something he didn't do in the past).
    I would have agreed with you four years ago.

Problem is is that Hughes has had WAY too much time to develop into the phenom that he was hyped as in 2006 in the minors and in 2007 during his debut.

Too much time and uncertainty has tainted Hughes potential to the point that I don't think a lot of fans realistically expect him to develop into anything other than a competent number 3 or 4 guy in the rotation. And I do believe that he will be competent as opposed to really good.

To me, Hughes has been a flame out. Not quite a bust, but a flameout.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    I think Hughes is a fine mid/back end pitcher. He never lived up to hype, but if he can give us 180+ innings and an ERA around 4 for the next....5/6 years (random), sign me up.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast