Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Deal Dickey, not Wright.
    we'll leave the light on for you.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    we'll leave the light on for you.
    We are not competing next year and Dickey will be expensive at the tune of $12-15M per season starting in 2014. Time to deal him now while his value is at his peak.

vCash
    Actually submitted this possibilty to Loudmouths a few years ago and they discussed it on the air. Problem was the Marlins wanted to keep him. When he is right, he has a cannon from right field and can definitely provide some power.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    We are not competing next year and Dickey will be expensive at the tune of $12-15M per season starting in 2014. Time to deal him now while his value is at his peak.
    uh huh.

We're still leaving the light on for you.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The Mets need to realize being interested in a guy doesn't consist of insulting him by offering 1yr/2 million dollar deals when they come off a good season.

They need to stop acting like they are in the market for anything but scrap heap guys.

The Mets are "interested" in this player, "interested" in that player, the truth is the Mets are "interested" in nothing this offseason.

It's all ********, they're not interested in doing anything, and they'll have that little ***** Cerrone spinning the hell out of anything and everything.

vCash
    Well although i doubt highly Ross gets a "Willingham" type deal, its amazing that even 2yrs/12 million bucks would be too expensive for the Mets to offer him.

Or if that would be enough to get him that would be their only offseason transaction.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-04-2012 at 08:12 PM.

vCash
    It's a farce now.

2/12 is too much for Ross? and they can't afford to resign SCOTT HAIRSTON?

WOW.

Hopeless.

vCash
    For this off season it's hopeless outside of the possibility of making some trades.

vCash
    Sign Cody, trade for a CF in a deal including Duda.
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    This is mediocre and very Kansas City Royals like.

I saw this coming a mile away. I'm not falling for it. 4th place here we come.....again....for a 4th year in a row.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    This is mediocre and very Kansas City Royals like.

I saw this coming a mile away. I'm not falling for it. 4th place here we come.....again....for a 4th year in a row.
    What do you expect?

The list of OF in FA sucks anyway this year.

Even if they had payroll flexibility these would be the type of moves out there to make (signing a guy like Cody Ross or Ryan Ludwick)

Swisher, Hamilton, BJ Upton, and Bourn are the cream of the crop of OFs and i don't want any of those guys.

Swisher is overrated, Hamilton has addiction problems and hasn't been as good as he was in 2010, Upton is gonna get overpaid and Bourn the same.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-05-2012 at 12:43 AM.

vCash
    The Mets are Interested in Cody Ross...they can be Interested in anyone they like BUT they simply won't have the money to do anything but say "we're interested" I think this is merley a smoke screen to placate fans into thinking/saying "well at least they are looking/trying"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    What do you expect?

The list of OF in FA sucks anyway this year.

Even if they had payroll flexibility these would be the type of moves out there to make (signing a guy like Cody Ross or Ryan Ludwick)

Swisher, Hamilton, BJ Upton, and Bourn are the cream of the crop of OFs and i don't want any of those guys.

Swisher is overrated, Hamilton has addiction problems and hasn't been as good as he was in 2010, Upton is gonna get overpaid and Bourn the same.

But how is this FA year gonna be any different to any other year?

It's alway the same. Guys getting 'overpaid', whatever that means...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    The Mets are Interested in Cody Ross...they can be Interested in anyone they like BUT they simply won't have the money to do anything but say "we're interested" I think this is merley a smoke screen to placate fans into thinking/saying "well at least they are looking/trying"

You'd have to be completely naive and stupid to fall for the Mets act though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    But how is this FA year gonna be any different to any other year?

It's alway the same. Guys getting 'overpaid', whatever that means...
    Well this offseason much like the last 2 had no flexibility in it.

With the flexibility they claim they will have next season, the money will be there to overpay a Corey Hart (that's the guy we could really use in the middle of our lineup over any of the FA this year)

If of course its there.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-05-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast